The return of Enraged and Devious Tien! 

Not that I care.  I haven't played sense the final tournament  my locals did in like, January. 

7 minutes ago, Uncle Sam said:

So, let's "thaw" the two best masteries in the game but limit them to the shitty MPs?

LOL CLASSIC PANZ

This. And negating any hero Vegeta stack from using Devious and Enraged seems totally unnecessary.

1 hour ago, Artificial Human said:

That is needlessly complex.

I don't like giving Fan Z too much credit, but keeping them gone and bringing in Drill Memory was a lot more elegant.

Unleashed wasn't dealt with. >_>  Because of course it wasn't.

I actually think the way Retribution Mastery is handled in this CRD is more reasonably and thought out than FanZ drill memory. Honestly, the issue is Retribution Mastery and Orange Bicycle Kick. Without either one of those Drill Memory would most likely be unnecessary. Not to mention they wrote Drill Memory wonky and already have to clarify it. At least Richie wrote it right the first time. If they want to keep Drill Memory they should just mimic that sentence. 

I like limiting the two broken Mastery Cards to MP's that are the least likely to abuse them. Remember, this CRD isn't designed with FanZ in mind. It's done as a final format for PanZ so this is something that can function well. 

Unleashed will never be dealt with at this point as FanZ's plan seems to be power creep and fast leveling to nullify the need for the card. However, this game needs a level up card that doesn't benefit your opponent and their possible MPPV. Something that has a reasonable price but doesn't benefit the opponent. Until there is a suitable replacement either through making anger more accessible to more MP's or an actual card is made, Unleashed will most likely never be gotten rid of 

Also Richie himself doesn't believe that FanZ should adopt the Thawed Legacy Mastery and keep them banned for FanZ. So you have that. They will most likely take his advice. 

I'm going to wait to see what fan z says before putting my Tien deck back into devious mode. :P

Although at this point I think it may actually be BETTER as perceptive based on how I've built it.

Considering the only thing they did was make the complicated mastery rulings (and the orange ret thing), I'm a bit disappointed, but as somebody already stated, this was meant to be a final Pan Z format.  Kinda hope they just leave the masteries frozen for Fan Z.

24 minutes ago, Thearbiter20x6 said:

I'm going to wait to see what fan z says before putting my Tien deck back into devious mode. :P

Although at this point I think it may actually be BETTER as perceptive based on how I've built it.

NOTHING is better as Perceptive Mastery. 

I can't believe these decisions are what took them so long to release this. While I somewhat appreciate thawing the Masteries for some MPs just for the game to be less restrictive and the change to Retribution is welcome, some of the other real problems weren't addressed for no reason. Is this essentially the final Dragon Ball post for the game? I guess it's not all that worth it for them to send out the remaining promos, but it'd be a nice gesture for the Kai tournaments, even if it is FanZ.

Most recent printing of Enraged and Devious with all the usable MPs when?

This was a horrible CRD. I feel like old masteries should be banned and rotated out. Not sure why some were OK to bring back and others weren't. Bringing some back and having restrictions on them is just cumbersome. Having drills with memory is just better for future game design. I feel like the CRD didn't take into account FanZ cards not that it should. Might have been better had it come out months ago.

Also, as a Black Tien player, Devious while good, Conflict may be better. I'll have to test it with the new cards. I loved Devious for the buff and Perspective was OK, the fact is half of those masteries were blank since you didn't run too many styled attack cards. And sad that Solar Flare got both neutered and buffed. Sad days are sad.

1 minute ago, Hellsfire said:

This was a horrible CRD. I feel like old masteries should be banned and rotated out. Not sure why some were OK to bring back and others weren't. Bringing some back and having restrictions on them is just cumbersome. Having drills with memory is just better for future game design. I feel like the CRD didn't take into account FanZ cards not that it should. Might have been better had it come out months ago.

Also, as a Black Tien player, Devious while good, Conflict may be better. I'll have to test it with the new cards. I loved Devious for the buff and Perspective was OK, the fact is half of those masteries were blank since you didn't run too many styled attack cards. And sad that Solar Flare got both neutered and buffed. Sad days are sad.

My thinking is that since this CRD is for the panini tcg, the retribution errata was meant to balance its abuse of drills with the mastery, where as fanZ is continuing to push out more sets and wants to power creep drills and the like so they went the "memory" route. 

Panz stops at set 7 so that was their only concern. FanZ continues to increase the card pool so they need to address all current and future problems regarding drills.

8 hours ago, Majin Goo said:

I actually think the way Retribution Mastery is handled in this CRD is more reasonably and thought out than FanZ drill memory. Honestly, the issue is Retribution Mastery and Orange Bicycle Kick. Without either one of those Drill Memory would most likely be unnecessary. Not to mention they wrote Drill Memory wonky and already have to clarify it. At least Richie wrote it right the first time. If they want to keep Drill Memory they should just mimic that sentence. 

I like limiting the two broken Mastery Cards to MP's that are the least likely to abuse them. Remember, this CRD isn't designed with FanZ in mind. It's done as a final format for PanZ so this is something that can function well. 

Unleashed will never be dealt with at this point as FanZ's plan seems to be power creep and fast leveling to nullify the need for the card. However, this game needs a level up card that doesn't benefit your opponent and their possible MPPV. Something that has a reasonable price but doesn't benefit the opponent. Until there is a suitable replacement either through making anger more accessible to more MP's or an actual card is made, Unleashed will most likely never be gotten rid of 

I didn't say anything as to whether it was a good decision or not, just that, like most things in this game to do with balancing in every version of this game, it's inelegant. It's not really simple or easy to remember. Fan Z, for everything wrong with it, in my opinion, handled the situation with more finesse.

Except Unleashed. In Pan Z Only, I think it needs to be dealt with.

11 hours ago, Hellsfire said:

I mean overall tiens solar flare is stronger now. You lost 1 life damage, but you can turn off mp powers now. That's more than a fair exchange. 

Yeah a couple of these didn't really make sense. I don't think devious cell would be op either, but that's not allowed. Oh well, fanz isn't allowing fanz cards with these masteries anyways, so it's probably moot. They might as well still be frozen.