Littlebig

What masteries would you like to see?

1 hour ago, Littlebig said:

Oh jeez there are a lot more replies now. The one thing that stood out to me that I remember thinking of some time ago that could help to speed up the game possibly to the point of bo3 matches with proper siding is including attacks on masteries. Bo1 I've found to be a huge turn off for people that I tried to bring into the game when it was alive. 

tbh, the bo1 is one that really should've been fixed early on by just bringing down all the win conditions (in terms of difficulty). Like, instead of 4 levels, 3, instead of 60 card decks, 40, and I cannot fathom a way to make DBV faster.

Of course, the trade-off of this is that the games may be over TOO fast when dealing with survival rush decks. Another alternative is to just drop the majority of the Endurance in the game, but that angle has been butchered to death on this forum.

I would dig a Mastery that has that kind of attack in-built for personalities without an attack of their own. Or heck, do one for EACH color so that players aren't forced into a single style.

DBV is faster with 40 cards. Less to go through.

Part of Pan Z's issue is it was 'trying' to be 'balanced', making it completely toothless compared to Score Z, but had weapons such as Endurance and Wallbreaker made for a much faster game.

ngl, the more I think about it, the more I'd be down to try out a format that is 40 cards and up to level 3. You'd need to hit a few 3rd levels to stop the auto MPPV (like Hercules level 3), but in those cases, you could probably trade out their level 3s for their level 4s and have a very similar all around experience.

Someone with more friends on OCTGN should give it a go. As it is, I've got one other friend who plays it online, so.

Here's a question for you, Artificial. What would you name such a hypothetical format?

Personal concern with your idea though is just how fast the game would get when you hit their current level 4s. Future Gohan would be a BEAST to deal with, and Broly would just leave crater-sized holes where you once stood xD

8 hours ago, v3rse said:

I agree with all of this except point 2. Orange fierce attack already does all that.

Card effects that last the entire game are much better than card effects that last a single combat though. IMO Orange Energy beats has to be Yamcha or else you lose due to too much endurance in the game. 

19 hours ago, SirCod said:

Card effects that last the entire game are much better than card effects that last a single combat though. IMO Orange Energy beats has to be Yamcha or else you lose due to too much endurance in the game. 

Really? I'd still Ben willing to try adaptive krillin and see how that one pans out since I hear from shoryu that resolute is only good on paper lol

On 7/23/2017 at 1:05 AM, Denithan said:

tbh, the bo1 is one that really should've been fixed early on by just bringing down all the win conditions (in terms of difficulty). Like, instead of 4 levels, 3, instead of 60 card decks, 40, and I cannot fathom a way to make DBV faster.

Of course, the trade-off of this is that the games may be over TOO fast when dealing with survival rush decks. Another alternative is to just drop the majority of the Endurance in the game, but that angle has been butchered to death on this forum.

I would dig a Mastery that has that kind of attack in-built for personalities without an attack of their own. Or heck, do one for EACH color so that players aren't forced into a single style.

He's right 40 card decks would make the game faster but I can't fathom trying to build a deck now out of only 40 cards but then that what siding is for. I wonder if someone would be willing to implement that in their local and see how it goes.

On 7/23/2017 at 3:05 AM, Denithan said:

Black Dueling Mastery

Inf: At the end of combat, you may discard all the cards in your hand. If you discarded at least one styled card, your opponent discards their hand.

POWER: Perform a styled physical attack costing 1 stage that deals 4 stages or 3 life cards of damage and has "HIT: your opponent discards a card." Use this power only if your current MP level has no POWER abilities.

3 hours ago, barrinmw said:

Black Dueling Mastery

Inf: At the end of combat, you may discard all the cards in your hand. If you discarded at least one styled card, your opponent discards their hand.

POWER: Perform a styled physical attack costing 1 stage that deals 4 stages or 3 life cards of damage and has "HIT: your opponent discards a card." Use this power only if your current MP level has no POWER abilities.

I would totally play master Roshi with this.

3 hours ago, barrinmw said:

Black Dueling Mastery

I would totally play master Roshi with this.

More gimmicky Namekian bullshit, but focused on going up levels again instead of Dragon Balls, basically Knowledge Mastery part 2 or reverse-knowledge mastery: namekian_thrilled_mastery_by_lurkhax-dav

17 hours ago, lolhaxman said:

More gimmicky Namekian bullshit, but focused on going up levels again instead of Dragon Balls, basically Knowledge Mastery part 2 or reverse-knowledge mastery: namekian_thrilled_mastery_by_lurkhax-dav

Love the idea behind this but I'd argue that's what unleashed is for. 

On 7/24/2017 at 9:22 PM, v3rse said:

All of roshi's level's have power abilities. I'd play turles.

Turles, some slug levels, garlic jr, premier gohan, villain vegeta, premier freiza, what else could benefit from an ability like that?

Had an idea for a new saiyan mastery that would help the underdogs but not buff the likes of Broly and Goku.

Saiyan Domination Mastery

Constant: While your MP is above 0 your MP's power level is considered to be 1,000,000

Power: If your opponent's MP is at 0 power stages you may destroy a set up or drill in play. If not choose a card from your discard pile and rejuvenate it.

It's very simple, but potentially very powerful. Broly/goku/etc jump out of the 1 million range very quickly, so this mastery really wouldn't help them unless they want to build a lv 1 camp deck which seems far inferior to the current builds. Though you could make a lv 1 goku work, a raditz build would be superior. The board destruction is also something saiyan in general lacks, but I didn't want it to be too easy. Also this is redundant for Broly, so yet another reason he wouldn't use this mastery. The targeted rejuv can also be very powerful. This let's you sculpt your deck/hand for late game especially when paired with saiyan rescue. It can even allow another use of saiyan menace in a menace build. The constant effect also enables the use of some of the "Higher power level" cards for low power level MP's. At least in the early game. Maybe the biggest selling point for me though is it would finally allow lv 1 camp decks in saiyan which would enable you to run some of the great drills they have now. Saiyan suppression drill and/or hanging out drill for instance would be murder with this mastery. It also seems to fit very well thematically with saiyan fighting style overall.

Thoughts? Does anyone come here fo PanZ/FanZ anymore?

I was bored, so I "PanZ-ified" some of the masteries from the Old DBZ OCG, to serve as a jumping off point for discussion. Note: the vernacular may be off as far as what's considered constant or ⚡ , since there were not as many shorthands for mechanics as there are in PanZ.

Black Eclipse Mastery:

∞: Damage from your attacks can't be modified by your personality Powers or ∞ Powers
Power: Once per combat, after performing a Styled Attack, search your opponent's Life Deck for a non-Dragon Ball card and destroy it.
Power: ⚡ Your first Styled attack performed this combat gains "HIT: Destroy a Setup or Drill in play."

Blue Blazing Mastery:

∞: Your physical attacks do +1 PS of damage for each Dragon Ball you control, to a maximum of +3. Your Styled attacks gain "HIT: Capture a Dragon Ball or lower your opponent's anger 1 level.

Namekian Fusion Mastery:

(Each level of your MP must be able to declare a Namekian Mastery. The level 1 and Level 4 must have the same name. All levels must have the same hero/villain alignment and are considered to be your Level 1's name for card effects.)
∞: Your card effects cannot draw cards or put cards into your hand. 
Power: Discard a card from your hand to use a POWER from one of your MP's personality levels (other than your current one).

Orange Zenith Mastery:

Power: ⚡  (Use when a Styled card effect banishes the last card from your opponent's discard pile): Advance your MP 1 level or shuffle the bottom X cards of your discard pile into your life deck. X = your current personality level.

Red Maelstrom Mastery:

∞: Your Styled energy attacks that do not raise your anger cost -2 PS to perform.
∞: Your energy attacks gain "Choose a card in your discard pile and banish it. Choose a card in your opponent's discard pile and banish it."
Power: ⚡ Once per combat, after paying any costs for an attack, you may make any HIT effects into immediate effects.

Saiyan Animus Mastery:

∞: Your non-styled Setups gain "(Banish after use.)"
∞: Your non-styled cards cannot end combat.
∞: When entering combat, place a Setup in your discard pile into play.
Power: ⚡ Once per combat, after using a Styled Setup, you may put a Styled Drill or Setup at the bottom of its owner's Life Deck.

I'll do some more later, when I have time.

22 hours ago, Artificial Human said:

It's ok.

Would any Saiyan want to camp on 1 though?

Raditz maybe. Nappa maybe. His ally hate would pair well with this. A control bardock would. Vengeance trunks would.Future gohan would. Hell maybe even old cell 1 for a potential 9 stage energy every combat. I'm not saying lv 1 camp is the only way to play it. It just seems like a strong option. Obviously the saiyans with lower power levels would still benefit a lot even while levelling.

Also I didn't think I'd have to point this out but it's good on defense too. If your AT is still in the E bracket even at 1 above 0 it's a lot harder to deal you stage damage.

Here are the rest that weren't already imported directly into or reworked for PanZ:

Saiyan Suppression:

⚡ : When entering combat, you may draw a card and show it to your opponent. If the card is Styled, choose an opponent's personality in play to lose 4 power stages to a minimum of 0.

Blue Discipline:

∞: Your energy attacks do +1 life card of damage.
⚡ : When you stop an attack with a Styled card, destroy the top card of your opponent's Life Deck.

Namekian Impulse:

⚡ : When entering combat, draw the bottom card of your discard pile. If that card is Styled, raise your MP to its highest power stage.

Namekian Remnant:

⚡: When you play or use a Styled card that has printed Endurance, raise your anger X levels. X = the card's printed Endurance.
∞: Your Styled Energy attacks do +Y life cards of damage. Y= half the number of PS you gained in your previous action, rounded down.

Namekian Rush:

∞: Your non-Styled cards gain "(Banish after use)."
⚡ : When entering combat, draw the top card of your discard pile.
∞: Your Styled Attacks gain "HIT: Choose 2 cards in your discard pile and Rejuvenate them."

Orange Amplified:

∞: Your energy attacks do +1 life card of damage and gain "HIT: Your opponent can't play a Physical Combat card as their next action."

Orange Blitz:

⚡ : Twice per combat, when a Styled card effect shuffles or Rejuvenates cards from your discard pile, you may put one of those cards into your hand instead.
∞:  Your Styled physical attacks without modifiers do +2 power stages of damage.

Red Riposte:
(∞: When responding to an opponent's attack, you may perform an attack to prevent damage equal to the damage that attack would have dealt, using any modifers that would be applied during your Attack phase.)
⚡:If you prevent all damage with a Styled card, you may use any HIT: effects on that card or raise your anger 1 level.)