Vile

Ginyu or Freiza?

Considering I've played the demo's and the game was okay, I'll work on a minor deck for my own casual play. I was looking at Ginyu because comeon, Ginyu Force, and Ginyu had such a stigma in my local scene that I could mever play him in panz. 

However lookingat him, he's pretty plain. There really seems to be nothing unique to him, as the ginyu force have no special event cards.  Then there's freiza...

One of the Freiza leaders is focused on ally play, and the number of Freiza Army members outdo the Ginyu force as a whole. What's more? There are two event csrds for freiza army cards. Racoome Eraser gun and Crushing Ball can really be played in amy yellow deck. Oh and the Freiza army members can return to active position thanks to friza himself. 

Am I missing something? Is there a special trick to ginyu that I don't see? Burter and Racoome are good, Jeice was neat, and Guldo was... well a meat shield. The ginyu battle card is awesome but it doesn't work with ginyu leader. Plus ginyu kills himself

There are 4 Ginyu Force Battle Cards not named Ginyu himself, and you could play one of them on your turn for free. Seems pretty good to me. And it isn't referring to "event" (I assume you mean Extra?) cards, but Battle Cards, the characters.

Extra cards have no keywords, so there are no "<<Frieza's Army>>" Extra cards, either.

I have something planned for tomorrow ranking the leader cards.

19 minutes ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

There are 4 Ginyu Force Battle Cards not named Ginyu himself, and you could play one of them on your turn for free. Seems pretty good to me. And it isn't referring to "event" (I assume you mean Extra?) cards, but Battle Cards, the characters. Extra cards have no keywords.

Hide contents

I have something planned for tomorrow ranking the leader cards.

I expect to see Hit somewhere near the top....

With 4 Ginyu battle cards at 4 a piece that gives you a 32% chance to hit one with Ginyu's power; I'm not a fan of those odds.  Most of the time you're going to hit only 1 Ginyu Force card with Ginyu's unawakened power, sometimes 2 (~10% chance) , rarely three or a whiff.  This doesnt account for your opponent hitting you, either.  Ginyu's awakened power definitely encourages a short game, but the fact that you can use it 3 times at most (barring Result of Training) makes you prone to burnout.  Ginyu is going to be the Black Tien of DBS; it can beat any deck with the right draws but is strict tier 2 due to inconsistency.

The Freiza Army extra card I was refering to is on that lets you tutor and anyone with freizas army keyword. 

But sounds good. Seems freiza is the way to go. I plan to play yellow for life. Its the closest to my favorite color, orange.

19 minutes ago, Vile said:

The Freiza Army extra card I was refering to is on that lets you tutor and anyone with freizas army keyword. 

But sounds good. Seems freiza is the way to go. I plan to play yellow for life. Its the closest to my favorite color, orange.

Oh okay, I got ya.