The Bear

The Bear's Red Hit

[Deck Update #1]

Leader Card: Hit

image.png.ee56263781cdd3a4de2c1b67ba19399e.png

Removed the Frost evolutionary line in order to add some Botamo Blockers and Iron Wall Magatta.  Frost was under performing and soaking up resources better spent elsewhere.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ORIGINAL POST BELOW]

Lead Card: Hit

image.png.a88871b52662d5a58d425a5219c3c9f2.png

This is my first honest draft of this deck.  The name of the game is Red Deck Wins.

This deck focuses on pushing damage early and often.  The pressure of Hit's ability that grants him +5k power when attacking forces your opponent to combo or eat damage and can be the action that opens the door for your other BC's to hit.  The deck is not eager to reach Awakening but it certainly helps apply more pressure and close the game out. Cabba helps reach awakening if its absolutely needed. 

You need a way to deal with your opponent's hand size and combo potential since you are focusing on pushing damage and thus giving your oppoennt resources in the hand.  This deck accomplishes this by constantly attacking with it's offensively oriented BCs, which forces your opponent to spend cards in order to combo and avoid taking damage.  During turn 3+ if your opponent does not leave an energy or two with which to combo or counter then they are just asking to be killed.

Key Combos and Cards:

Cabba has two of the best BCs in Red and the synergy between them is incredible.  Attack with Saiyan Cabba and take one of your own life to give him +10k power and double strike before then evolving into Raging Cabba and attacking again!  The +10k from his power carries onto Raging Cabba if used that turn.  Having Scheming Champa in play grants you +5k power the turn you play or evolve Cabba and can really help you push damage.  4-of is well justified for both of Cabba's BC.

Hit and Lightning-Fast Hit fill in the theme of the deck.  Hit is a pretty simple battle card but it is perfect for pushing damage through out the game since he has 15k power and can thus damage an awakened leader.  This deck wants to kill the opponent by turn 5 if it can, but if that doesnt happen then you have Lightning-Fast Hit's evolve ability to seal the game.

The Champa cards are the best candidate for replacement in this deck.  Manipulating God Champa helps you draw into the better Champa cards.  Scheming Champa is better than I initially gave it credit; when it's in play and you are evolving Cabba or Frost it is very welcome.

The frost evolution line is in here just to help get out the 3/4 cost frost cards early.  Between these, the Cabba BC and the 2 cost Hit card you should be able to start damaging your opponent with BC early in the game to supplement the constant combo pressure from the Leader Hit's attacks.

As always, comments and questions are encouraged.

Have you ever managed to evolve Hit? I'm beginning to question whether LFH is worth the slots in my now-Red Champa deck, even if he can serve as an energy sink.

46 minutes ago, Uncle Sam said:

Have you ever managed to evolve Hit? I'm beginning to question whether LFH is worth the slots in my now-Red Champa deck, even if he can serve as an energy sink.

Thats the problem I have seen with LFH. He HAS to evolve from the 2 drop Hit and that guy can get blown tf up so easily.

But I think Bear just uses LFH as extra insurance it isn't super critical to the deck. The early rush Cabba stuff is more important.

That is my take anyway.

33 minutes ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

Thats the problem I have seen with LFH. He HAS to evolve from the 2 drop Hit and that guy can get blown tf up so easily.

But I think Bear just uses LFH as extra insurance it isn't super critical to the deck. The early rush Cabba stuff is more important.

That is my take anyway.

I feel the same. Even though it makes Hit an auto-target for KO effects, it isn't actually detrimental and forces them to burn it on him as opposed to Cabba or Champa.

I have not managed to evolve Hit in a game yet, but the two games I have played with the deck were over when I had 4 or 5 energy.  Sam, your mention of Hit being an auto target for KO effects is right on and gives me the idea to run the Magetta card that cant be KO'd in battle, which would force the opponent to be more choosy with their KO effects. 

After a few more games with this deck I'll post a revision. I havent played against yellow yet and that will probably be the hardest style to deal with.

43 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I have not managed to evolve Hit in a game yet, but the two games I have played with the deck were over when I had 4 or 5 energy.  Sam, your mention of Hit being an auto target for KO effects is right on and gives me the idea to run the Magetta card that cant be KO'd in battle, which would force the opponent to be more choosy with their KO effects. 

After a few more games with this deck I'll post a revision. I havent played against yellow yet and that will probably be the hardest style to deal with.

Magetta's pretty sick being able to swing every turn and not give a fuck about the opponent. I learned that from copying the Red Champa deck on Bandai's site, and it's actually a pretty decent build.

I wonder if it would be possible to mix this deck with some blue stuff, like a Whis/Objection engine of 4 bulma 2-3 whis 4 objection.

so you can spam out more stuff faster and faster

11 hours ago, NECH said:

I wonder if it would be possible to mix this deck with some blue stuff, like a Whis/Objection engine of 4 bulma 2-3 whis 4 objection.

so you can spam out more stuff faster and faster

That's a neat idea but not really my cup of tea.  For one, adding a second style to the deck would clog the deck up heavily, given that most cards are low cost and thus will require 1-2 red energy to cast.  Second, playing a 2-cost card or a 4-cost card to ramp up energy is great for setting up subsequent turns but this deck wants to win early.  So overall, adding those cards would really push the deck to a better mid game while sacrificing a lot of early game pressure, which I am not sure would work without also adding in more higher cost cards.

So I decided to try out Hit not expecting much but man after playing with him all day I love him. He's simple and depending on who you play you may never have to use his effect to avoid the blockers, but his 5k boost really adds up some weight to him. I went 2-1 against Broly today (both new decks) and 2-1 against a Vegeta deck who has had weeks to improve his deck (ThieoZ gaming Vegeta's deck). Hit may be my favorite leader after today and he is just a simple leader.

So my deck has 4 copies of Bewitching God Vados and I have to ask why you don't play it? To me that card is mvp to my deck and has won me tons of games today. Have you considered it? Also I don't like Fickle Destruction in any deck after testing multiple red decks. For me the card is only okay early game and late game it's nothing but energy fodder. Was that your plan? Just curious is all.

Fickle Destruction I have had mixed success with but is generally useful for killing off cards like blockers early on.  The general gameplan is to put on a relentless assault using the leader card, 2-cost Hit, and both Cabba cards.  Bewitching God Vados is a great card but very expensive.

Yeah I just haven't found Fickle to be good at all. Maybe because the people I play with don't use blockers ha, but if you are playing in a heavy blocker environment that would make it better. Vados is expensive don't get me wrong (5 drop for those wondering) but her payoff is nice. For a 5 drop you pretty much summon 3 battle cards and apply the pressure even more. I do recommend at least trying her out if you haven't yet.

Also it is incredibly hard to get LFH effect off. I've played a lot of red decks and not once have I gotten it. I came close several times but could never do it. So in my version I only play 2. Still not sure if that's going to be the right choice but I feel 4 is way too much. How is 3 of them working out for you?

27 minutes ago, numanumaking13 said:

For a 5 drop you pretty much summon 3 battle cards and apply the pressure even more.

Huh? 3? Are you referring to the fact that Vados can attack twice and with the card you summon that makes it 3 attacks?

10 minutes ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

Huh? 3? Are you referring to the fact that Vados can attack twice and with the card you summon that makes it 3 attacks?

Yeah so it really comes down to deck construction, but she has duel attack so she can attack twice. Then every time she attacks you more or less always get a battle card on the field. I've never failed with the search but the lowest I have gotten is a 5k power battle card. So with her attacking twice plus being able to summon 2 more battle cards if you are lucky you can pretty much attack at least 4 times. Twice for her and one for each battle card you summon. That doesn't even include other battle cards or your leader. Now granted sometimes it's best to keep the battle cards you summon as combo cards for later on but overall you want to use them to apply more pressure.

Only 1? Are you sure about that? She has duel attack and her text "when this card attacks." So she should be able to summon two battle cards per turn. Was their a ruling on this or am me and my friends just reading the card wrong? 

If the printed Vados reads the same as the website's picture, she should get to check for each attack unlike cards that have once per turn like the pack blue Goku leader who also has dual attack and an attack trigger.

Off topic, but when she says to "play it" if you find someone, do you still have to pay energy for it? Looking at the cards there doesn't seem to be a term besides "play" whereas Z at least had "put in play" to differentiate. She's actually pretty bad if you have to pay for who you find.

4 hours ago, Mysterious Youth said:

If the printed Vados reads the same as the website's picture, she should get to check for each attack unlike cards that have once per turn like the pack blue Goku leader who also has dual attack and an attack trigger.

Off topic, but when she says to "play it" if you find someone, do you still have to pay energy for it? Looking at the cards there doesn't seem to be a term besides "play" whereas Z at least had "put in play" to differentiate. She's actually pretty bad if you have to pay for who you find.

Okay that's how we've been playing it and no you don't have to pay. Although I haven't read the full rulebook I believe it says you only pay the cost if it comes from the hand. Bewitching, to me, is one of the best cards available right now.