Stryyder

Welcome Kit and Gencon promos, lead up to release

With only 3 days to release, little news is available this week aside from upcoming event reveals.  Welcome kits are still available by emailing OP@paniniamerica.net, these will include the demo kits which work through a few turns to teach the basics, as well as the P17 Paralysis and P18 5 STR/INT/SP promos.

The only real new information from today's blog is the reveal of this year's Gencon promos.  As with SDCC, 4 promos will be available, one each day, throughout the weekend.  These promos include Shazam, Darkseid, The Flash and Doomsday. (P13-16).  This means by August 20th, half of the set 1 promos will have been released between the 2 conventions and the welcome kits.  Information on whether there will be more promos distributed at the Sealed deck events on days 1-3 of Gencon (@10am and 2pm each day) is still TBA.

MetaX releases this Friday, August 4th.

Just got word back from our card store last night, they will have product, hopefully by Friday if not Saturday, but they are unsure about the Welcome kits.  They emailed Panini just to be sure.

Literally no store in my area knows of this games existence or is going to carry it. If I wanted to play, i have literally no place to play it within 300 miles. I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem.

On 8/3/2017 at 0:37 PM, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

Literally no store in my area knows of this games existence or is going to carry it. If I wanted to play, i have literally no place to play it within 300 miles. I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem.

Same here. I even have comic book stores that also do gaming that have heard nothing. They have access to it but none of them received push notifications from Panini nor distributers. It's actually looking like both this and Super are going to be dead on arrival here though my store got correspondence about super and did a demo day for it with no success. 

Weird.  I know Alliance isn't carrying MetaX yet, but I'm hooked up with GTS and they have been plugging it for a couple months.  My locals go mainly through Alliance so no MetaX.  But we did do a decent DBS tournament on Sunday.

9 hours ago, Majin Goo said:

Same here. I even have comic book stores that also do gaming that have heard nothing. They have access to it but none of them received push notifications from Panini nor distributers. It's actually looking like both this and Super are going to be dead on arrival here though my store got correspondence about super and did a demo day for it with no success. 

you got to try again, you don't need 20+, you can have a fun tourney with 4. not the ideal size but big things start small

DBS definitely isn't dead on arrival. They are selling out of product faster they can restock. That is actually what is causing the distributor problems with target. It may be dead in certain areas but overall it is definitely doing well.

12 hours ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

DBS definitely isn't dead on arrival. They are selling out of product faster they can restock. That is actually what is causing the distributor problems with target. It may be dead in certain areas but overall it is definitely doing well.

And I quote "... dead on arrival here.."

20 hours ago, soviet prince said:

you got to try again, you don't need 20+, you can have a fun tourney with 4. not the ideal size but big things start small

I've already done four demos for DBS. They're well advertised, no one has any interest and the PanZ players have moved on. Chances are it's not going to pick up here for a few sets. At least not until OP actually happens.