Not enough cards is the big thing yeah. Even going off color with leaders isn't very effective since everything is so limited. But that is just Set 1 growing pains. The only mix I feel that works right now is Blue/Green and only with certain Leaders (mainly Gohan and Vegeta imo).

I know this will change down the line, especially since there are Dokkan cards that are based around using multiple colors.

Games are too fast right now to make use of more than one color for the most part (outside of the 1-cost combo cards across styles).  Games dont last long enough now for multi color decks to stabilize.  Also, every card doubling as energy mitigates the possibility of getting "land/mana-screwed" and running dual color increases the chances of this happening (as in, you wont have the specific mana you need when you need it).

48 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Games are too fast right now to make use of more than one color for the most part (outside of the 1-cost combo cards across styles).  Games dont last long enough now for multi color decks to stabilize.  Also, every card doubling as energy mitigates the possibility of getting "land/mana-screwed" and running dual color increases the chances of this happening (as in, you wont have the specific mana you need when you need it).

That's my biggest concern with dual color. Especially since so many of the utility cards are 1 drops of a specific color

I don't have any mixed color decks but have gt mixing drills. I only have one panini starter deck so that's out the window. I found a site to get BUU starter box trying to sell some cards to get it. It's wed August 2 2017.. Any facebook play retro expanded?

I started out by just playing mono color, however I have started to branch out to multi-color decks. I've been noticing multi-color is by far superior at the risk of having a shaky color base. You can easily play two or three color decks, just make sure you build your deck correctly. 

Honestly, this also makes me curious about people's thoughts on off-color decks (ala. playing Gohan in a mono-red deck), and if that's viable. I'm also curious if it's actually permitted by the rules.
If so, then I could see both the Blue and Green Son Gokus working well in rush variants. Of course, don't know how viable the decks would be, but curious for thoughts.

14 hours ago, Denithan said:

Honestly, this also makes me curious about people's thoughts on off-color decks (ala. playing Gohan in a mono-red deck), and if that's viable. I'm also curious if it's actually permitted by the rules.
If so, then I could see both the Blue and Green Son Gokus working well in rush variants. Of course, don't know how viable the decks would be, but curious for thoughts.

you can run gohan in mono red

7 hours ago, soviet prince said:

you can run gohan in mono red

idk why you would want to tho. Sure you "can" but what does he gain from being mono red as opposed to the leaders designed for red? Just feels like you are wasting the potential of the leader and the card pool to me.

3 hours ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

idk why you would want to tho. Sure you "can" but what does he gain from being mono red as opposed to the leaders designed for red? Just feels like you are wasting the potential of the leader and the card pool to me.

I disagree.  There is nothing about Gohan's stack that makes him a better fit in green than any other color.  In fact, I would argue that Gohan is better in red than green at the moment as it is better at damaging your opponent early on, which helps Gohan's card power.  Also, when awakened, Gohan's board clearing power is more useful in red than green, since green already has great removal capabilities.

Actually, the majority of the leaders are not tied to their style in any significant way.  Only a few have stipulations that require a specific style for their effects.  Choosing not to try leaders in other styles is what will truly limit their potential.

There are a few leaders that are made for their colors.  Frieza first and foremost.  His power synergizes with so much early game stuff in Yellow it is ridiculous.  Same with Starter deck Goku in blue with his ramp abilities.  Broly also works well with Gotenks, Bio army and ring, no real point in playing him elsewhere.  it almost seems like some styles were built with specific Leaders in mind and the others were just an afterthought.

I guess maybe because I play Frieza is why I can't see the mixing. Frieza is BY FAR better mono yellow. But like I said before I can see certain leaders doing well with multiple colors, I just don't think it is a great option for all leaders.