Trunks123

Now that it's official

Hello and good afternoon, I am just curious if other forum users have had any release events or are having any in the near future.  I haven't seen any in my area (Austin) and I know it just came out so I'm just seeing what interest looks like around the US.  

Well that sucks, maybe once the second set comes out and the game has picked up some steam, stores in your area will.  I am not sure of any stores in my area except one that might start having tournaments.  I'm curious to hear if they announce OP info at Gen-Con

OP is supposed to start during Set 2 if I remember correctly. But I can't help sensing a lingering aura of doom around this game. I have heard people from a lot of different places saying, no one carries it, nobody knows what it is, and nobody is playing it. A lot of stores just don't want to deal with panini anymore after DBZ. (Not assigning blame, just saying, a lot of stores feel that way) I struggle to remember a game that had this problem, let alone one with the freakin Justice League attached to it. I hope I am wrong, but man this game has the most uphill battle ahead of it.

I tend to agree with you after the seemingly non existent release events nor hype for this game it is a UUUphill battle.  I haven't played a game yet but one of my buddies got some cards from SDCC and I sifted through some cards and read through the rule book and the game seem fine but if nobody plays it doesn't much matter I suppose

OP was already teased in a blog post to be starting ASAP.  Supposedly the sealed events at Gencon are going to be part of OP.  I would expect more details this week or next in the lead up to the con.  As far as local scene, yeah, my local shops both get stuff through alliance which isn't selling MetaX right now.  Hoping they get that worked out soon.

Facebook post from Richie about OP during SDCC

Blog info on OP

20 minutes ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

Yeah I have resigned myself to the fact that i will never be able to play this game. Nobody is playing it and nobody is selling it.

Well I'm not totally giving up but I'm not exactly going to spend much money yet either.  I do think that once the cash tournaments start there will be a uptick in interest, turns out people like money lol

We have a playgroup in Minneapolis that are starting up, the store messed up last week and didn't get the product in time, so we are doing our release this week.  They seem to be willing to helpful in getting the word out so hopefully that works.

On 8/9/2017 at 11:51 AM, barrinmw said:

We have a playgroup in Minneapolis that are starting up, the store messed up last week and didn't get the product in time, so we are doing our release this week.  They seem to be willing to helpful in getting the word out so hopefully that works.

So what kinds of decks have been flying around? Has there been any characters that are being used in most decks? Have you noticed any nice two card combos?

Everyone is just starting, but my fiancee has a nightwing/batgirl team attack deck that is 6-1 against the two decks I have thrown against it.  One is a strength/special midrange deck based around a bunch of rank 7's and the other is a strength/special aggro deck all round 5 stat and less (plus two flashes since that is what I have so far).  My favorite combo with that deck is most definitely Power Corrupts and 1/1/1 battle card letting you get in a guaranteed hit and giving you back your battlecard for use later.  Also, robin is pretty good on the play as he draws you a card on turn 1.  And flash turn 1 is fun too with the 1/1/1 battle card since there is really no downside to it and you start with a VP.

A friend though is building something similar to by midrange deck except he already has 2 last son's of krypton.

Nightwing/Batgirl seems like it will be a good combo at least for the beginning.  I only got one starter and got the Batman one so I know that I will at least be playing it for a while.  I'm still trying to track down a booster box locally and then I can try some other stuff out.  I like that there are a lot of quality characters that are common and uncommon as well as the rare ones that you would expect.