numanumaking13

Red-Yellow Champa Deck

Has Frost been doing anything for you? I see a lot of Red players dropping him for better options.

Also if you are going to splash yellow I suggest splashing the two best yellow cards Crusher Ball AND Cold Bloodlust.

3 hours ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

Has Frost been doing anything for you? I see a lot of Red players dropping him for better options.

Also if you are going to splash yellow I suggest splashing the two best yellow cards Crusher Ball AND Cold Bloodlust.

Yes Frost has been doing lots of things for me. So let me be clear on how I use Frost. I tend to put his evolutions line as my energy, not always but that's what tends to happen. I try and not use the 1 drop's 2 energy move unless I don't have many options or none at all until late game. I've noticed in my testing that it is best to use the 2 energy power late game when you only have Frosts left in the deck after looking at your discard pile and counting to see how much are left. Also because of Bewitching Vados using the Frost line is essential. Using her and grabbing the double strike Frost lines (if possible) is devastating for the opponent. Too much double strikes towards the leader and it's hard for the opponent to keep up. So having the Frost line is a must, at least for set 1.

Trust me if I could have Cold Bloodlust in the deck I would. However for the card to work your leader needs to be part of the Frieza's army. Which Champa is not, but on the bright side Crusher Ball and Bad Ring Laser is plenty enough to handle the opponent. Crusher Ball ends games and usually with an aggro deck like mine opponent's tend to hold on to their counters. It just takes one Bad Ring Laser to win the game.

Edit: So in case people are wondering I added the yellow for a bit more control. When testing with mono red I've noticed I lacked any control that Champa might of needed. So I added the Crusher Balls and the Bad Ring Lasers for that bit of control. Also Mecha Frieza is just a beast with Champa so he was a no brainer to add to the deck since I was adding yellow. Also his board wipe auto just gave even more control.

Ah you're right Bloodlust is yellow leader only, my bad. I forget cause I only play Frieza lol So barring that yeah those are definitely the right yellow cards to add.

But I can see what you mean. If you run Bewitching God Vados, then the value of the Frost cards are exponentially higher.

List looks solid. I've been running Red/Blue, took down two local events with ease. A few games I won with only two or three energy out.  Red is the best color imo, but it has to be splashed.

11 minutes ago, Jarrett said:

List looks solid. I've been running Red/Blue, took down two local events with ease. A few games I won with only two or three energy out.  Red is the best color imo, but it has to be splashed.

I haven't tried the red/blue combo yet mostly because I'm tired of seeing blue every where lol, but I do agree that red needs to be splashed for it to work. Mono red is not good enough on its own. I have been loving the red/yellow combination though and highly recommend to at least try it. 

1 hour ago, NECH said:

Why run hit without lightning fast?

Hit is good because he's 15k which runs well with Champa and Bewitching Vados. Lightning Fast Hit, in my opinion, is terrible in set 1. I've tried so hard to have him work but I've never had the chance to pull it off. So I decided to use the spots I had for him for other cards. 

6 minutes ago, numanumaking13 said:

Hit is good because he's 15k which runs well with Champa and Bewitching Vados. Lightning Fast Hit, in my opinion, is terrible in set 1. I've tried so hard to have him work but I've never had the chance to pull it off. So I decided to use the spots I had for him for other cards. 

Yeah I thought about it afterwards and Hit is pretty good in conjunction with Vados.

have you thought about Raging Cabba as maybe a 2-3 of?

1 hour ago, NECH said:

Yeah I thought about it afterwards and Hit is pretty good in conjunction with Vados.

have you thought about Raging Cabba as maybe a 2-3 of?

I have and tried it. After testing games with it I felt it was lacking. It was cute at best. When I played it and attacked with Cabba twice it was nice and could catch people off guard but overall I just wanted to save my energy for something better like counters, other battle cards, etc. It wasn't bad just lacking imo.

I mean the evolving effect is nice, but you can also get it off of Vados.  That was the main reason I suggested it.

3 minutes ago, NECH said:

I mean the evolving effect is nice, but you can also get it off of Vados.  That was the main reason I suggested it.

Actually you can't get Raging Cabba off with Vados. His power is 20000 and Vados can only get 15000 or less. If that was the case then I would probably keep R. Cabba in and take out Botamo.

On 8/8/2017 at 11:14 PM, numanumaking13 said:

Just wanted to share my deck with you guys. Since I'm on my tablet it's hard to type so if you guys want me to discuss anything about the deck just ask and I'll give my input once I'm on my computer. 

20637801_10154551816715448_5991977745468

Can you post the pic again?

Not sure what happened to the picture but here you go, also note this deck has gone through some changes since I posted this. If you're interested I can post the the changes in this forum or I might make a new topic.

image.png.2076480916358269ffd2290efd8145aa.png

5 hours ago, numanumaking13 said:

Not sure what happened to the picture but here you go, also note this deck has gone through some changes since I posted this. If you're interested I can post the the changes in this forum or I might make a new topic.

image.png.2076480916358269ffd2290efd8145aa.png

Thanks! And yes I'd really appreciate it if you can.. still learning the game really wanted to try a red/yellow deck