The Bear

Tri-Mix Goku

Hello All,

Built this last night.  Needs some work but I really like the idea.

image.png.8ee7cb0590cb1e1684197bd8a1a38b6e.png

Tri-Mix Goku contains 14 Green, 15 Blue, and 21 Red cards.  All of the Blue and Green cards are 1-cost with the exception of Might Striker Son Gohan, as this card fits the theme of the deck.  And that theme is....

DOUBLE STRIKE!!!

Every attacking card in this deck outside of BG Vados has double strike or a way to get double strike.  In total you will only need to land 4 hits on your opponent to win the game.  Blockers will hamper the game plan, so Family Kamehameha, Son Goten Combo, and Full Power Energy help kill them.  It doesn't take long for your attacks to reach "must-stop" and drain the opponent's hand in the process.  Many players do not mind taking damage early in a game to awaken ASAP and this deck aims to use this against them.  Your opponent may think they have the edge taking 4 damage and awakening early on but by this point 2 hits ends the game.

Game Flow:

Ideally you want to start the game with a Cabba and a card to pitch for each energy type (one of Frost's evos for Red, North kai for Blue, and any green).  Ideally you want to go second in order to attack on your opening turn.  If you go first you should play any energy and pass.  On the first turn you can attack do so with your leader card, followed by playing Cabba and his ability. 

During following turns fill out your energy as needed; charge blue if you need it for the counters and charge green if you need to remove any blockers.  Use green cards in the mid game to clear the way for your leader and Cabba.  Play more Cabba if you draw into them, play Frost if you have him.  Senzu bean helps alot if you have more than 1 frost out or if you whiff with his ability.  Play Gohan if you draw into him and have the energy; this card helps end the game with 25k power and double strike.  BG Vados helps get more Frosts to end the game, but hopefully you've won by this time,

Advantages:

This deck has alot of focused offense and a solid amount of defensive options.  If your opponent lacks a way to remove low cost battle cards you can swamp them early on with Cabba.  If your opponent plays alot of high cost cards this deck can swamp them before they get the chance to use them.

Disadvantages:

This deck is not really made around the late game.  Green mops up Cabba.  If up against an opponent with alot of blockers and counters you have an uphill battle, hopefully you can exhaust their defensive options.

As always, comments and discussion is encouraged.

The only game I've played with this so far was against my fiancee's MonoGreen Broly, which I lost to.  It was a fun game but I made some misplays that ended up killing me.  I went second in the game and managed to deal 4 damage on my first turn between Cabba and Goku (she did not have enough 0 cost combos in hand and no energy to pay for better combos).  However, on the next turn I ended up countering when I should have taken the damage in order to awaken.  My leader was unable to apply any pressure to Broly without being awakened on my turn, it swung the momentum in her direction and I was never able to recover. 

The deck did what it was supposed to do though.  Every attack became a must-stop situation to my opponent and it was whittling down their hand.  I think I would have a better match against some other decks though.

I really like the feel of this deck. I wanted to make a double strike deck but it looks like you beat me to the punch. Though it may not function as well another potential idea would be to run Hit as a leader for the bonus to his power when attacking and use the monaka card that gives your leader double strike. Just a thought though it would limit the deck at the beginning if you cant draw one of them so maybe it isn't a great idea.

10 minutes ago, RPENERGY said:

I really like the feel of this deck. I wanted to make a double strike deck but it looks like you beat me to the punch. Though it may not function as well another potential idea would be to run Hit as a leader for the bonus to his power when attacking and use the monaka card that gives your leader double strike. Just a thought though it would limit the deck at the beginning if you cant draw one of them so maybe it isn't a great idea.

I might steal this idea for a red/blue deck.

Given the low cost of cards, how often do you find yourself having to combo on Attack JUST to meet your opponent's base ATK?  Just seems like an uphill battle against something like blue that gets out some high power attackers.

14 hours ago, Stryyder said:

Given the low cost of cards, how often do you find yourself having to combo on Attack JUST to meet your opponent's base ATK?  Just seems like an uphill battle against something like blue that gets out some high power attackers.

All of the battle cards in the deck have 15k power, so I dont have to combo at all against an unawakened opponent in order to either do damage or force some cards out of their hand via combo.  I can also damage an awakened leader with all of the battle cards without any combos.  Once the opponent awakens cards like Trunks, Protector of Children and Senzu bean are used to bring my attack up.  Since the aggressor wins an even matchup I really want to draw my opponents combos out when I attack so that eventually they cant combo to avoid damage.  It is actually pretty effective.

I'm currently on the fence about taking Blue out of this deck but Whis's Coercion is a life saver and senzu bean helps me apply offensive pressure.

I am curious as to why not Raging Cabba instead of Mighty Striker Gohan? Sure your going a little heavy on the Red with that card given it has double Red for both costs but since you are primarily playing Red anyways. It also has that pseudo Dual Attack on evolve.

14 minutes ago, Mankat said:

I am curious as to why not Raging Cabba instead of Mighty Striker Gohan? Sure your going a little heavy on the Red with that card given it has double Red for both costs but since you are primarily playing Red anyways. It also has that pseudo Dual Attack on evolve.

Good question.  The reason for Gohan over Raging Cabba is because he has 5k more power and only costs 1 blue energy while Cabba costs 2 red.  Only needing 1 of a specific energy to play a 4 cost card really helps when playing with more than 2 colors in a deck. 

I love saiyan Cabba, its one of the best cards in the set.  The untapping effect of Raging Cabba is neat but the +10k (from Saiyan Cabba's effect) only lasts for the turn, then its back down to 20k and double strike.  So essentially I'd rather go with having 25k on a 4 cost card for multiple turns than have a battle card with 30k for 1 turn and then 20k for subsequent turns.

22 hours ago, The Bear said:

Good question.  The reason for Gohan over Raging Cabba is because he has 5k more power and only costs 1 blue energy while Cabba costs 2 red.  Only needing 1 of a specific energy to play a 4 cost card really helps when playing with more than 2 colors in a deck. 

I love saiyan Cabba, its one of the best cards in the set.  The untapping effect of Raging Cabba is neat but the +10k (from Saiyan Cabba's effect) only lasts for the turn, then its back down to 20k and double strike.  So essentially I'd rather go with having 25k on a 4 cost card for multiple turns than have a battle card with 30k for 1 turn and then 20k for subsequent turns.

That makes sense. I know from playing other card games fixing of colors is totally better for an aggro deck than burstiness. That was the only question I had with the deck because the whole deck in general seems really good. I like burtiness but people always make some changes when they use someone else's build. Have you been able to test this against current Champa decks or Vegeta decks (I think that is the current Meta)?

On 9/17/2017 at 4:18 PM, Jose Allen said:

I'm curious to see how this deck has played out?

The games that I was able to play with this deck were alot of fun but I really havent been able to really dig into this deck.  I'll come back and really test this deck sometime but I've been too busy playtesting other decks with the limited time I'm able to play.

18 hours ago, The Bear said:

The games that I was able to play with this deck were alot of fun but I really havent been able to really dig into this deck.  I'll come back and really test this deck sometime but I've been too busy playtesting other decks with the limited time I'm able to play.

I did a ton of testing with this deck, and while it is A LOT of fun, you have to be very careful with pushing damage with it. If you push to quickly the opp. get's a crazy hand advantage, but if you are too slow you typically can't keep your field up with your double strikers. Definitely a lot of fun, just gotta find that balance in game.