Jump to content
NECH

Frieza Control

Recommended Posts

This deck is still very much a work in progress, but here's what I have so far.

Leader: Golden Frieza

1 golden frieza

1 full power frieza

4 mecha frieza

4 avenging frieza

1 ginyu 

3 recoome

3 burter 

4 jeice 

4 guldo 

2 sorbet

1 king cold

4 frieza call

4 crusher ball

1 eraser gun

1 cold bloodlust

4 dodoria

1 hellish frieza

2 son goten

2 champa 

2 ultimate Jaco 

1 bad ring

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

rip

I take it you don't have any actual constructive criticism? I'm building decks for each of the colors anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a big fan of Cold Bloodlust and Bad Ring Laser, I'd run those at 2 or 3-of.

I'd bump Recoome and Burter to 4-of, simply to maximize your chances of Jeice hitting one when played.

Freiza, Hellish Terror is perfect at 1-of, I like your thinking here.

Ultimate Jaco is a good defensive card but you already have a ton of blockers and some good counters; I'd drop these.

Sorbet is hit and miss, but more miss.  Keep trying him out but if you question his value drop him.

 

That's all I got, hope this helps.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been playing Golden Frieza for over a month and went to two tournaments and placed fairly well (good enough to get the promos at both) and I honestly think Frieza sucks. All the good decks are a 7-3 matchup and against Vegeta you might as well just leave the table.

Frieza has nothing that can compete against the big dogs. Frieza is a reactive deck, so all your opponent has to do is nothing. They just literally sit there and build their board and keep you at 5 life and you can't do literally anything about it and then they will just kill you in one turn. Your card advantage is next to nill and the lack of consistency is what really kills the deck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

I have been playing Golden Frieza for over a month and went to two tournaments and placed fairly well (good enough to get the promos at both) and I honestly think Frieza sucks. All the good decks are a 7-3 matchup and against Vegeta you might as well just leave the table.

Frieza has nothing that can compete against the big dogs. Frieza is a reactive deck, so all your opponent has to do is nothing. They just literally sit there and build their board and keep you at 5 life and you can't do literally anything about it and then they will just kill you in one turn. Your card advantage is next to nill and the lack of consistency is what really kills the deck.

I would suggest either build up some Ginyu Force and drop in Ginyu then to go for a big turn if they are keeping you at 5 life, or stock up on cards for comboing to outlast their assault. I know there isn't much in the way of draw power but using golden frieza as a leader at least you can drop in frieza call and your 1 drops to sac for leader skill to draw and replace the card you played. Not the best, but not much to work with, with only 1 set out thus far also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, RPENERGY said:

I would suggest either build up some Ginyu Force and drop in Ginyu then to go for a big turn if they are keeping you at 5 life, or stock up on cards for comboing to outlast their assault. I know there isn't much in the way of draw power but using golden frieza as a leader at least you can drop in frieza call and your 1 drops to sac for leader skill to draw and replace the card you played. Not the best, but not much to work with, with only 1 set out thus far also.

Against a good deck you are usually dead by turn six. and you can only stock up so many cards to combo with when the only cards you draw are from natural drawing and your leader ability, which kills a card on your field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

Against a good deck you are usually dead by turn six. and you can only stock up so many cards to combo with when the only cards you draw are from natural drawing and your leader ability, which kills a card on your field.

Are there any good mix decks that you can mix Yellow with? Maybe its best to splash yellow into another deck? Obviously this doesn't help when wanting to stick to a mono yellow frieza build, but if it can make the deck function better maybe that's a better option for now.

 

Also to try and stay on topic I would agree with Bear as far as deck modifications. I don't care much for Sorbet and honestly I like putting in Tagoma for my Mecha Frieza so he lasts longer, but that is just me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×