Sign in to follow this  
Jarrett

Successful Decks

What type of decks have you all had success with? Blue, Blue/Red, Blue/Yellow Vegeta / Goku (Starter), Red Champa, and Golden Frieza Yellow have been the most successful here in the Las Vegas area. Blue/Green Broly seems to be doing well in other areas.

Blue Vegeta and Goku are pretty good in my area.

Green Broly, yellow frieza both do well also.

A Blue Beerus made top 8 last weekend in a 34 player tournament.

Red Champa is still good, been itching to test him in something other than red tho.

Local meta has shifted from mostly Broly to mostly Vegeta. 

Blue/Red and Red/Yellow Champa are still legit and will continue to be.

Green Broly is still good, been seeing it splashed with Blue.

Yellow Ginyu had a big showing this weekend, but missed top cut.

Yellow Frieza is still awesome.

Blue/Yellow and Monoblue Beerus are great for early/mid game control, but has a tough match against Vegeta.

Blue/Red Vegeta is fun.  Most games I've played with it so far end by turn 3.  Turn 1 Majin Buu on the play, turn 2 Cabba, Senzu bean, Vegeta power + FD Champa for double strike crit, then Cabba for DS.  Forces opponent to play SUPER aggro and hopefully run out of resources before you do.

Edited by Stryyder

Last week I won with a Mono-Green Broly build. Not sure if it was 100% playable, I think I won 2/5 games just because of gross misplays against Broly. 

Justin was playing with a Red/Yellow Frieza deck and took down a 15 player tournament yesterday. I think there's a lot of playable leaders in this game, but they rely on local metagames.

Solid yellow stall Frieza was pretty big here for a week.  Sit without attacking, let Vegeta/Cabba soak life, then drop Ginyu and go ham on their last few life cards.  Worked well until people started going heavier on Aggro and it couldn't keep up.  Plus 6-drop champa played early with a splash of blue ramp destroys their board before they can drop Ginyu.

Splash of blue ramp huh. So like objection and whis's coercion? I've been trying to think of a way to properly splash blue into red for a while now but to no avail.

getting lightning fast hit off earlier sounds nice.