Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has figured out a formula to determine if a card has a good play value to it.

So in Hearthstone here was some formula where you add the ATK points and Health points to match it to the cards level and so on...

I have noticed that the base line (could be wrong) is that their POWER is based by their level x5000

Ex:

Assailant Vegeta - Cost: 3 / Power: 15000 / Abilites: 1

Son Goten - Cost: 2 / Power: 15000 / Abilites: 0

Overflowing Spirit SSGSS Son Goku - Cost: 4 / Power: 15000 / Abilites: 2* (One is a permanent)

Rampaging Super Saiyan Broly - Cost: 6 / Power: 30000 / Abilites: 1

Out of these examples, would Broly be the best value card?

Let me know your thoughts or formulas

This kind of statistical analysis is rarely helpful.  It fails to take into account the effectiveness of abilities within the color or within the meta.  For example, 1 drop Frost is 5000 and has 1 ability.  However compared to similar cards (Cabba, Majin Buu, Broly, Goku, Frieza) Frost is utter trash.

4 hours ago, Stryyder said:

This kind of statistical analysis is rarely helpful.  It fails to take into account the effectiveness of abilities within the color or within the meta.  For example, 1 drop Frost is 5000 and has 1 ability.  However compared to similar cards (Cabba, Majin Buu, Broly, Goku, Frieza) Frost is utter trash.

Now with this example, I would categorize this as a base card. Frost has the cost but its indefinite you can perform the effect. The others mentioned are a 1 time summon (to them a +1).

Very true, but each works better in specific strategy.  Broly, Goku and Champa 1 drops all have the same effect, searching for another card of their same name, pretty generic, but still a better skill that Frost.  Majin Buu, on the other hand, has good value in that he can draw a card and is great early game, but unlike Frost, Goku, Champa etc, there are no cards that can use him as a base to evolve from.  And Frieza, while he has the evolution base, has more limited scope of search (top 3), but has more search targets than the other searchers.

May just be me, but I don't see any strength in trying to devolve card value into a strict number.  There are just too many variables for how they work.  Starting from the bottom your data is pear shaped, as most mid-range (3-5 cost) cards have EXTREMELY variable uses and then the top crop (6+ cost) would likely be the easiest to rank.  But then you throw those rankings out the window with other choices such as which leader to use and whether you are splashing a color.