Stryyder

Where's this thing going?

So I don't follow SWD.  In fact, I volunteered to demo it this weekend down in Los Angeles and that will be my first time actually playing.  So my question is:  Is this game on the decline already?  I remember hearing about a big national event going down, not sure if it passed yet.  If so, how was the turnout?

Could just be because there is no scene in my area.  Everyone is either on MTG, YGO, CFV, DBS or just straight board games.

Have you tried Facebook yet?  Tons of people on the official Facebook and other groups such as Norcal/Socal Star Wars Destiny have members in the 500-600's.   I don't know about nationals (seems to have passed on [url=https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/1/19/2017-us-nationals-at-the-nova-open/]8/31[/url]) but the Store Championships usually net 20-80 in CA and those were almost weekly.

I personally like the game allot, it's just that not allot of people on this site seem to like it due to dice.  Everywhere else the game is fine, my locals have a steady stream of 6-16 a tourney and that's allot considering magic and ygo get 10-20 in my area.

Ok, definitely seems to be regional then.  Just not a big crowd for it in my area.  There are going to be some demos going this weekend at a bunch of Best Buys around the US, plugging the new 2 player starter set. 

3 hours ago, Vile said:

Because they won't make a Boba Badass Fett. 

The guy who's only accomplishment now is dying like a punk?  Remember they took out all the cool EU stuff where he was an actual badass.

I just got into it 2 weeks ago.  After getting out of DBZ my 1 year old started having health problems.  Turns out he has a congenital heart defect.  Since then he's had 3 open heart surgeries.  But he is doing great now!

Anywho - now that life is a little more normal I had a buddy pick up 2 of the L5R LCG cores for me and was playing that.  Also got into Destiny while I wait for L5R. 

It's been a lot of fun, lots of community interaction on FB.  A good amount of players in my area.  I enjoy it and it seems to be growing around here pretty fast.

34 minutes ago, Jarimy123 said:

I just got into it 2 weeks ago.  After getting out of DBZ my 1 year old started having health problems.  Turns out he has a congenital heart defect.  Since then he's had 3 open heart surgeries.  But he is doing great now!

Anywho - now that life is a little more normal I had a buddy pick up 2 of the L5R LCG cores for me and was playing that.  Also got into Destiny while I wait for L5R. 

It's been a lot of fun, lots of community interaction on FB.  A good amount of players in my area.  I enjoy it and it seems to be growing around here pretty fast.

Damn man I am glad to hear your son is ok!

Thanks man!  It was one of the craziest years of my life, but we are through it and he is doing so great.  He brings a lot of joy to our family.

Looks like this site doesn't have much activity with Destiny, which stinks I enjoyed it here for DBZ.

It doesn't have much activity overall. I think you were on HCRealms and there is a heroclix Club here if you want to tall about that too. Goo is into it, I just complain about the game because I. dropped it last year. 

Good to hear about your son being okay!