sh0ryu_repp4

New "Secret Rare" for Set 2

So... Is anyone else super concerned that this new rarity card is gonna be this game's Sphere/Dig/AK/etc. but be worse? Idk how it will even work since there is only ONE. Which color gets it? Will it be colorless?

I can see the nightmare future of the colorless staple that is mandatory for competitive play and is $200 a pop cause it is one per CASE or some nonsense like that. Not saying it WILL happen but it is worrying for me.

I'm concerned. I thought last set was perfect, and now they increased the card counts on rares, SRs, and Promos, and now throwing on a secret rare that could be mega broken that possibly only comes one per case.

I just don't understand it, Bandai. Last set was perfect (minus how the Tournament promos were handled). You're making this game possibly not worth it to play.

What's the consensus of people on the FB group? I'm banned at the moment lol

There's a facebook group? I haven't found it.  

Honestly I just hope leaders stop being rares. I bought 2 packs this weekend and pulled two leaders. I spent 9ish bucks after tax on cards I could have gotten for just a couple of bucks.  

Set 1 was perfect except for leaders being rare cards and promo distribution; supers and specials both dropped at perfect rates.  

If Bandai distributes set 2 promos in the same was as the premier set than I can really see it becoming a problem. I've already seen playsets of the Bardock promo for ridiculous amounts on eBay and those arent even supposed to be out yet. 

Other than tournament promo distribution, my biggest gripe about this game is how hard it is to get some shops to order tournament kits in order to build a community.  Seems (to me) that shops are taking less of a chance on new games until they really catch on or until they can jack up the retail price due to lack of supply (I've found this the case with both FFTCG and DBS).

The place closest to me, had good attendence when they had promo packs but sense they can't get any more its been dieing. I went to my first event thos Saturday and only 3 of us showed up to play so they didn't host it. No one wants to play for booster packs it seems. 

I just want to play so i can see how good/bad my Ginyu is

2 hours ago, Jarrett said:

I'm concerned. I thought last set was perfect, and now they increased the card counts on rares, SRs, and Promos, and now throwing on a secret rare that could be mega broken that possibly only comes one per case.

I just don't understand it, Bandai. Last set was perfect (minus how the Tournament promos were handled). You're making this game possibly not worth it to play.

I was floored when I saw that they increased the count of everything but non foils. Just... really? Considering they underestimated the demand for set 1 I wonder how far in advance they decided to flaunt their greed for the second set. They actually had time to plan this?

The secret rare better be a leader or a fancier special rare alt art.

Then there's the gross amount of promos. If it even is a silver lining, you only have to buy two of each deck box pack for a playset instead of four but that's a booster box you could be buying instead and you WILL need booster boxes this set.

Then there's the draft box where you may need to drop 100 for four new promos and one tournament pack. It's one thing if it was all set 2 packs, but they aren't...

They really need to make promos only alt arts and/or leaders. Otherwise, distribution doesn't matter unless they flood kits with them. Even then, playsets might take forever without trading/singles. As another technical silver lining, set 2 will have some value in the super rares you can trade towards all those promos you won't have.

I think they just destroyed the main reason to play the game which was cost to play and there was already bad blood with the tournament promos. I may be on my way out unless they happen to increase the super rare count per box. Even then the unnecessary amount of promos might kill it.

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Set 1 was perfect except for leaders being rare cards and promo distribution; supers and specials both dropped at perfect rates.  

If Bandai distributes set 2 promos in the same was as the premier set than I can really see it becoming a problem. I've already seen playsets of the Bardock promo for ridiculous amounts on eBay and those arent even supposed to be out yet. 

Other than tournament promo distribution, my biggest gripe about this game is how hard it is to get some shops to order tournament kits in order to build a community.  Seems (to me) that shops are taking less of a chance on new games until they really catch on or until they can jack up the retail price due to lack of supply (I've found this the case with both FFTCG and DBS).

I'm not going to lie that foil leaders (Vegito!) makes me disagree to some extent. In general I agree with you. If they weren't foil like rare Masteries were they definitely should all be uncommon.

The kits are horribly half-baked. I don't know why there's only 16 packs and they're meant for participation. Unless they were counting on low turnouts all over, there's no reason for this. If they claimed they were for top 8 or something, that's different. Something meant for participation should be more plentiful. Panini seemed to understand this. Then these kits cost money, are hard to get, and unless the store splits them, the kits are supposed to last ONE tournament.

I hadn't heard of this. I am rather surprised by this being so soon. Not happening at all, it's a JTCG, Japanese TCGs treat non-Japanese players like ATMs, but so quickly. Couldn't let it go a few sets before springing it.

Well, for all the good will that Galactic Battles developed and that initial push, it's going to be thrown in the toilet. 

More disappointed than angry to be honest. Possibly because I haven't had the opportunity to spend much or even play, but not sure I'd bother now.

I'm really hoping the new card is not:

Time is a Warrior's Tool

Extra Card, blue style, zero cost.

Permanent: This card is considered red, blue, yellow, and green in any zone. 

Counter: Attack - Negate the attack.  Negate all of your opponent's attacks for the remainder of the turn.

Time is a Warrior's Tool

Counter: Attack - Negate the attack.  Negate all of your opponent's attacks for the remainder of the turn.

It would need to be called "Time is Still a Warrior's Tool."

Time is a Warrior's Tool

Visiting The Past would be worse IMO. 

25 minutes ago, Thearbiter20x6 said:

"Visiting the Even More Distant Past"

or maybe

"Visiting the Past-er"

Visiting the Drop Zone

overestimating the problem here,  it's actually a good thing last set winning/buying packs was meaningless because it was so easy to get a playset of everything you really did not need any more packs.

8 hours ago, soviet prince said:

overestimating the problem here,  it's actually a good thing last set winning/buying packs was meaningless because it was so easy to get a playset of everything you really did not need any more packs.

Wow is that a flip flip from the Pan Z days where you were all about card value. >_>

On 10/1/2017 at 10:03 PM, Artificial Human said:

Wow is that a flip flip from the Pan Z days where you were all about card value. >_>

pretty sure I was on the same side?  I don't want there to be 200 bucks cards or anything, I just don't want my supers to be worthless