cytorak

FanZ Set 10 - "Revelation"

I think Alien is a confusing name for the trait since it's actually coming off as a 'Frieza' trait. Maybe Pikkon will get it too since there kind of isn't anything else he can get. However if the logic for the Alien tag is being an extraterrestrial that isn't Saiyan or Namekian then Babidi and Dabura are oddly lacking the traits. I really thought Cell would be an Alien, and I'm actually wondering if it's a mistake that he wasn't included because if Cell wasn't an alien why did Tortuous Volley cap its effect to having 2 or less traits when none of the listed aliens even have second traits? The only reasonable explanation was that it was a cap for Jr. and more specifically Cell; there are enough typos or similar errors in these previews for me to think them leaving Cell out by mistake is more likely than him not being an Alien and Tortuous Volley having an arbitrary restriction no one will ever break.

Glad Wheelo and Tao were properly listed as Androids though. I guess he never obtained it at any point in the series but it's too bad that Garlic has no real interaction with the God trait since Earthling/God would be a unique combination. Even another Garlic named card with some God hate would be cool, like a parenthesis option to play it to stop a card along with its immediate effects if the God trait is in the text box. And I wonder if rules on declaring Saiyan/Namekian will be changed with this traits update, and what that will mean for Ginyu. I figured his 3 would get Saiyan, but didn't think about SSG Goku getting God or Ginyu's 4 getting Namekian. I kinda wish Black would get some God synergy for the sake of the Perceptive Godku gimmick now. Also never thought about it and there's probably not much to this, but Supreme Kai can search out Beerus for Black discard shenanigans.

3 hours ago, Fastest In The Universe said:

Also never thought about it and there's probably not much to this, but Supreme Kai can search out Beerus for Black discard shenanigans.

I thought this as well but this would hurt you too. Beerus makes you banish whenever you discard so his named card essentially banishes both players hands. Not many options would be left for your shuffling effects.

Also on the Alien trait, Pikkon does have the Alien Trait along with Cell Jr and Cell. Cell JR and Cell are an oversight and those cards only reference set 1-7 MPs. This was explained on Retro. I wish they had put up a blog post to clarify as well.

11 hours ago, Fastest In The Universe said:

I think Alien is a confusing name for the trait since it's actually coming off as a 'Frieza' trait.

I like it as a name, but it's kind of underutilized...maybe if we get a lost villains sort of set with other Ginyu Force members getting full stacks.  Toriyama has a general tendency to draw one-off or near-one-off races, or draw so many visual variants to the same alien race that it's hard to tell.  Alien was what they called the catch-all create-a-character race in Fusions (3ds rpg), and that's actually the race I ran.

1 hour ago, AlexM said:

Somebody should let the developers know that Cell should also have the alien trait. He does have Freiza and King Cold DNA in him doesn't he? Cell has access to ALL the traits except for God, dang.

They know and said it was an oversight.