cytorak

FanZ Set 10 - "Revelation"

Shenron is a very cool card. The flavor is well done and it looks like a major theme for Gods will be tutoring, which is a good in-game equivalent for the degree of omnipotence they have. Blue Tag Team King Kai probably best makes use of all parts of the card, but if he stays long enough to repeatedly revive Allies I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of non-Gods like Gohan, Broku, or Ginyu want to run him too.

None of the MPs Gohan supports have been revealed so he's kind of just there, even if the effect is powerful. If Videl has enough of an Ally spin then she could run him as an additional combat ender for Allied Blitz. Gohan is Namekian, Earthling, and Saiyan; I wonder if they'll extend Namekian PanZ logic to Goten and Kid Trunks(?). Piccolo trains them, which was the justification for Gohan, and while Piccolo, Dende, Gohan, and maybe Buu might be enough more Namekians wouldn't hurt. 

I guess I have some questions too. Would Stomach Crusher prevent Gohan from using his attack? And when an Ally attacks do the Trait tags use the Ally as reference or the MP?  If they use the Traits of the Ally that might be kind of crazy.

This Gohan's surname is "The Great Saiyaman". You'd think they'd save such a definitive surname for a Gohan MP level over an ally unless Saiyaman gets his own stack.

Score knew to use "the Great Saiyaman" for his World Games level 1. It'd be a missed opportunity for a new Gohan stack or even a single level to not utilize Saiyaman in some way but they already lost the perfect surname. You might say a new Gohan stack here should just be "Gohan" so it matches this ally. Well, it makes sense why there isn't a Great Saiyaman ally as it'd be silly that you can run him alongside the original Gohan ally. Future Gohan destroys this argument but we can always hope that they'll change for the better.

I imagine the gohan MP stack will just use some saiyaman images and use generic subtitles. They did confirm a gohan MP yes?

Attacks performed by allies reference the ally's traits unless it says MP.

Shenron seems potentially ridiculous for DB builds. Lookin' at you Kami.

Krillin seems promising and fun. I've been wanting a set up focused MP for a long time now.

Still holding my breath for the new masteries though. Hoping this set will help reinvigorate the scene.

cTYXvAR.jpg

qhcuMSe.jpg

Yamcha is so similar to the old one, it's a great argument for a Side Deck. He's also one of the one-off MP levels.

We also know that Set 11 will at the very least end with Vegeta killing himself. That is half way through the Boo Saga/EP237. I am wondering now if we're just going to have the next set cover up to 'I Kill No More' and have the next block open with Super Boo. That would mean that the set would be Majin Vegeta, Majin Boo, Goku and Gotenks.

EDIT: Also note this is 'Vegeta' and Hero/Villain, not Villain Majin Vegeta.

If they wouldn't do it for an alternate timeline Gohan they definitely won't do it for Majin Vegeta. Looks like they might do something like a Rogue Stack since the Ally is Hero/Villain. Would also be understandable if Levels 1 and 4 were Heroes and 2 and 3 were Villains. Is Vegeta an MP for the Set? I feel like they'll hold off on him and Buu for the next one.

I'm just saying that because of traits, Fan Z can get away with not calling him Majin Vegeta. Unless traits were going to be a thing under Panini, they would have to put (This character is considered to be a "Majin") on every villain Vegeta for that set while the rest can still be called Majin Dabura, Majin Babidi, etc. It's not a matter of Majin Vegeta being separate from Vegeta, it's that Fan Z doesn't have to call a Majin a Majin whereas Panini might've had to jump through some hoops with Vegeta.

I'm just hoping that Set 10 will do what the previous FanZ sets failed to achieve by shaking up the meta in a way where we're not seeing the exact same decks before PanZ died topping at events like GenCon 2017. I'm sick and tired of seeing the same old lists for Broly, Drawku, Tien, Namekian Gohan, and Saiyan Raditz without any effort put into the new virtual set releases.

Why aren't we seeing lists for Pikkon, Bardock, or even Frieza who got a significant upgrade in Red Ascension and Black Conflict decks? Is everyone too distracted from the Dragon Ball Super CCG to even care? I'm fully aware that a lot of players don't have access to ink jet printers to print out all these cards for their decks but still...throw us a freakin' bone here.

While I have my issues with certain choices/exclusions, I won't say that they aren't putting effort into these virtual releases.

The MPs they make have some flavor to them and are fun to mess with. However, without locals where you'd take your fun deck, of course the big events will see Awakening Goku, Broly, and Gohan because they're proven successes. Really, Future Gohan's the dumbest MP they've made and he mixes with Panini's Gohans...

Not that I'm advocating for either but without set rotation or just banning these guys, expect to keep seeing them unless new MPs are more broken OR the new Masteries breathe life into old and new MPs.

You can also blame the playerbase for not moving away from the old. While it's annoying to keep facing these decks, I understand that with so few events a year you'll most likely only attend one and you want to do well there so you play the meta.

I like Frieza a lot, but unless you Unleashed to 4 which is not a game plan, Golden doesn't cut it against the "meta". Haven't used him in Ascension so maybe I'm missing something.

Not that I've played with it much but Conflict is still a pretty bad Mastery.

3 hours ago, Card Slinger J said:

Why aren't we seeing lists for Pikkon, Bardock, or even Frieza who got a significant upgrade in Red Ascension and Black Conflict decks? Is everyone too distracted from the Dragon Ball Super CCG to even care? I'm fully aware that a lot of players don't have access to ink jet printers to print out all these cards for their decks but still...throw us a freakin' bone here.

Pikkon almost topped Bardocktoberfest over the weekend. The list is on retro. Came in second place. 15 players and 11 different MP's being represented. Gohan's been smashing because with FanZ he became just THAT good. Tournament goers are tired of bringing him themselves though and are coming out of their comfort zones. 

If non-Saiyan Drill Goku wasn't obsolete before...

This is another Fan Z MP that seems good at face value.

Not sure how I feel about Krillin being able to do both drills and setups, but we'll see how that plays out. His level 4 is gross. Might be better than Awakening Goku's.