cytorak

FanZ Set 10 - "Revelation"

Oh man I really like that Krillin stack. Blue seems like a great fit but yeah I can totally see him working in Orange too.

I wonder if his effects are a hint towards the new blue masteries power. looks like Setup shenanigans might be what it's about which I'm down for.

5 hours ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

Oh man I really like that Krillin stack. Blue seems like a great fit but yeah I can totally see him working in Orange too.

I wonder if his effects are a hint towards the new blue masteries power. looks like Setup shenanigans might be what it's about which I'm down for.

Red has great setups and drills as well and he easily becomes the new Red Roshi on Paper.

Oh crap I didn't even see that Vegeta ally!  FINALLY, some more universal ally hate.  I am sick and tired of Namekian Restored Gohan being a consistent winner (no personal beef...only had a couple run-ins with it  myself).

Like the Yamcha twist. 

Overhead Sword Strike
Physical Combat
Endurance 1
Physical Attack
Lower your opponent's Anger 2 levels.
MAJIN: You may discard a card from your hand to draw a card. If you discarded a card with 'Sword' in the title, your opponent's MP loses 4 Stages.
Damage: 5 Stages

Dabura as sword MP confirmed?

You're kidding, right? While the Majin-only skill is solid, that's flat-stage damage on a searchable attack that isn't stupidly costed like a lot of the other Sword attacks. Trunks is ready and waiting to abuse something like that, especially in defensive builds that are aiming to recycle the hell out of sword attacks.

Keep 'em coming imo |:

Dabura's the last character I would've expected to become a Sword MP when they would've been better off with Gohan due to the amount of Sword support he got in Retro Z in regard to his Z Sword training during the Buu arc. Tapion from Wrath of the Dragon would've also been a better choice over both since he also fits within the same time frame of the current Pan/FanZ set releases.

On 10/23/2017 at 5:25 AM, Mysterious Youth said:

I like Frieza a lot, but unless you Unleashed to 4 which is not a game plan, Golden doesn't cut it against the "meta". Haven't used him in Ascension so maybe I'm missing something.

Not that I've played with it much but Conflict is still a pretty bad Mastery.

Red Ascension is where I feel Frieza has the most synergy since you can utilize the crits he generates with Level 2 Golden to gain stages with the Mastery to perform more energies. Not to mention the ability to gain anger at the end of each combat inching you closer to Level 4 without Unleashed though it does help speed up the deck a ton If you're able to draw into it early enough when declaring combat.

Black Conflict Piccolo tends to be the easiest matchup (obviously) while I've also managed to win against Orange Retribution Bardock because of Chilled Ally and came close to barely winning against Namekian Restored Kami. Black Devious Hercule gave me the most trouble when my opponent kept spamming one Dynamite Kick after another though.

For clarity's sake, we all do realize that we're yet to actually see that Dabura IS a sword MP, right? Unless Dabura got revealed and I didn't see?

I know there's the connection with the new Sword card with Majin-specific effects, but this game isn't always so good about making up promises or early allusions.
Also, again for clarity, you know that Dabura actually uses a sword in combat? xD Gohan trained with one, and Gohan + swords is 100% my dig (favorite character + favorite archtype), but his training with the Z-Sword was limited and based entirely on intuition and the swordplay he learned when he was a kid with Piccolo. Dabura 100% makes more sense as a sword MP when compared to Gohan.

And that being said, it's not even saying that Gohan won't get a sword-based stack, and we 100% know that when Tapion shows up, he's going swords too. It just means we get Dabura as an extra Sword MP IF he is a sword MP. Chances are he'll have an odd level, maybe Level 1, with an effect that CAN support Swords, but more realistically supports cards with the Majin trait.This would mean the new sword card, as well as any other Majin-traited ones, would be supported by him while he remains a general Majin MP.

I do remember Dabura using a sword while fighting against Gohan on Babidi's spaceship though I don't recall him using his sword against Majin Buu before getting turned into a cookie unless I missed something. It's been a long while since I last watched the Buu arc in Dragon Ball Z as I've mainly been keeping up with Dragon Ball Super nowadays despite being nothing but style over substance compared to Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and Dragon Ball GT.

Dabura conjures a scimitar which he can control with a bit of telekinesis(?) and throws a conjured spear against Buu, but the sword gets more attention. Dabura's spit should take up a named slot, and if he only gets two I think a powerful sword attack would be good as well. He does a lot more than swords however so I think it would be a bit awkward to focus on his weapon summoning schtick for the stack. It wouldn't be the end of the world if they did, but giving him some support through Majin Tags seems like a better idea.

Dabura is also the only Majin to wield a Sword. We also don't even have a dedicated Sword MP, Trunks only has two levels that involve them.

Vegeta, Babidi, Bibidi, Yakon, Spopovich, Yamu, PuiPui and any form of Majin Boo do not wield swords.

The closest you get is Janemba, and considering him a Majin only because his design is based on Boo is a stretch.

I'm a little puzzled as to why it's Majin only. Unless we get another "M" card that turns people into Majins, why should all Majins get the benefit unless they REALLY didn't want Trunks, Gohan, Yajirobe, etc. to have access should they become sword MPs. They clearly made it because of Dabura, but couldn't find a way to make it Dabura only and not a named card so now all Majins get it.

Perhaps sword wielders should've had a trait to simplify things even if it's not a race or whatnot. Even then, there won't be sword cards every set so I don't know if it's worth it.

tbh, that kind of begs the argument of what things really needed traits, and what didn't. For example, there's a very real, and reasonable, argument that we should've gotten traits based on fighting styles AND species. For example, Kamehameha is an attack used by Turtle-School Students, and Dodon Ray is Crane School. Should Turtle School and Crane School been traits, to help denote the similarities in how their students fight?

The only huge flaw in this logic is the need to keep track of the large number of traits going down, but on a personal level, I don't see that argument really. At the end of the day, all you're doing with traits is matching the icon on the attack with the icon on the MP, so you can have as many as needed so long as the developers can keep track.

0jexK5R.jpg

Some nice applications with Black 17, but apparently it works with the new Black Mastery.

GL2NtRJ.jpg

The android effect interests me, wanted it for a while, kinda bummed it's not in Red or Saiyan natively. It comes from Kid Buu Saga Dabura iirc.

Default effect is, eh. Probably best out of Orange.

Wonder if we'll see Drill Android 20 again at all with that new Efficiency Drill. Hrm.

And it seems like we're going to see a bit more correlation between Sword and Majin then, huh.

So, the drill makes all your energies that do 1+ do 5?

If so, that helps villain 18 but only if paired with a Mastery that buffs or you already have Android Attack Drill. The second effect greatly benefits villain 18 by keeping her stages up and self mill effects in general or if you're stage locked which is huge.

Here's hoping there's a new and good android energy attack she can grab with Toss.

9 hours ago, Mysterious Youth said:

So, the drill makes all your energies that do 1+ do 5?

If so, that helps villain 18 but only if paired with a Mastery that buffs or you already have Android Attack Drill. The second effect greatly benefits villain 18 by keeping her stages up and self mill effects in general or if you're stage locked which is huge.

Here's hoping there's a new and good android energy attack she can grab with Toss.

After you applied modifiers if the attack does less than 5 it does 5. Joey already confirmed it boosts 18's 0 damage energy attack to 5. An attack doing 0 life cards of damage is still doing life card damage.