sh0ryu_repp4

Bo1 vs. Bo3

So not sure if anyone here was keeping up with the debate of DBS being either Bo1 or Bo3 but ARG (which are the game's regionals) confirmed the ENTIRE event is going to be Bo3, meaning the event will be two days. What is everyone's take on this? I thought it was pretty obvious that Bo1 Swiss and Bo3 for Top Cut was the way to go for this game, but apparently not.

Also I don't trust ARG to make the prizing for a 2 day event worth it, and that isn't even accounting how many people will actually come. Basically the entire Top 8 at the last ARG for DBS (New Jersey if i remember correctly...) agreed that Bo3 wasn't a good idea, but then they went and did it.

Wondering what everyone's thoughts are on this here, because it is better than talking in the DBS FB page, which is basically Retro at this point (ugh).

I'm not against BO3 for large tournaments like ARG that are supposed to function as the regional event, more so if the event is planned for 2 days. 

However, it comes down to attendance, IMO.  If too many people show up (7 rounds or more) then BO1 is the best way to go for swiss.  If too few people show up (4 or 5 rounds) then BO3 is a better option for swiss. 

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

I'm not against BO3 for large tournaments like ARG that are supposed to function as the regional event, more so if the event is planned for 2 days. 

However, it comes down to attendance, IMO.  If too many people show up (7 rounds or more) then BO1 is the best way to go for swiss.  If too few people show up (4 or 5 rounds) then BO3 is a better option for swiss. 

I agree, but then using that example, either way a one day event sounds better doesn't it?

I personally like BO3 as well as the inclusion of sideboards.  I think for local weekday events that start at 7pm or whatever kinda need to be BO1 so that people can be done at a reasonable time but if it's a Saturday tournament then I would definitly rather BO3 60 minute rounds

44 minutes ago, Anthaney said:

I like Bo3 because I rather not get balled out by blue tag team goku in 15 minutes like the last dbz game. It was top 16 too.

That comparison isn't really applicable for DBS tho

4 hours ago, Anthaney said:

only sad reacts for drawing awful in Bo1 :(

That's what I mean though. The game has a very forgiving Mulligan system and late game you draw OODLES of cards, so it is REALLY hard to "draw bad" in this game as compared to others.