Sign in to follow this  
James Milligan

Looking to Buy Complete CUR's, Starters & UR's of PanZ Sets 1-7

Lo and behold, the moment I get the itch to return to the game, I learn it's been dead for nearly a year.

Shame.

Still, perhaps this is a great opportunity for me to collect all the cards and have a "Complete" set of Panini's Dragon Ball Z TCG?

Eh?

If the price is right, I'm looking to purchase the following:

Complete CUR Sets of every release on the PanZ TCG. I'm afraid only complete CUR's will do. I'd rather not have to hunt down 1-2 copies of things such as Sinister Choke, Crushing Beam or Named Cards.

Complete Starter Decks/MP sets of every personality in the game. This includes the Starter cards and Masteries from Premier, Evolution & Awakening. Again, I'd rather purchase all of the MP's from each Set. If you only have the ones from Premier or Awakening or what have you, that's fine. But I'm talking like, I don't want to have to purchase all the Vengeance personalities sans Broly, if you know what I'm saying.

For everything that falls outside the scope of Starter Decks & CUR Sets, I am also willing to purchase UR's and Promos on a case by case basis, depending on price. This includes Golden Frieza, SSG Goku, "Better" Krillin etc. But I will say with fair warning I'm not paying $100 for Heroic/Villainous Energy Spheres, Heroic Dashing Punches & I'll Dig Your Graves. I'd rather my funds go towards completing CUR's and MP Sets than spending a small fortune on a dead card games rare cards. So if you're looking to make your money back on your UR's and Promos, I'm probably not the guy to sell to. 

Not to sound blunt, but I don't care about nor do I put any increased value in Foils. So you can keep them if they won't be priced accordingly with the non-foil versions. 

I understand this is all looking a little vague, so I'll try to post what I "want" to pay for each item and we can haggle from there.

I'm looking to pay $5 per Starter Deck that comes with the cards, MP's & Mastery. So that's $30 per complete set of Premier, Evolution or Awakening Starters. I'll pay $100 if you have all three.

I can't find anything for reference online as to how much CUR's should be priced at, as the only Ebay links I see are both for Awakening with one guy selling for $80 and one for $30. I'm gonna go with the $30 per CUR as a baseline.

UR's and Promos I will buy on a case by case basis and won't even attempt to put a price on it. Because if I haven't rustled your Jimmies already I dare not risk telling you what I think a Sphere is worth to buy for a dead card game, no matter how useful it is. lol. 

Actually, you're being quite reasonable with the ultras.  I've seen them going for pretty cheap.  I'd say sphere's are currently worth no more than $30 (I think they are actually considerably cheaper even).  I want to say I saw digs going for $15-20 recently.  I don't care what anybody says.  Spheres are overrated, unless you're a control deck spammer.  Pft.

The $30 for a CUR playset will probably vary.  That sounds like a good price for an Awakening set since there are no freestyle rares save named cards (or CU for that matter apart from MPs and allies).  For sets with powerful freestyle rares (chokes, beams, etc.) you might have to shell out a little more.

Do you actually want all the starter cards other than MPs?  Every non-MP starter card in Evolution and Awakening is simply a reprint of a past card.  Some of them have updated MRP text, but no new cards. So, if you simply bought all the new MP stacks and masteries, you'd have all the new starter-exclusive cards, and those sets typically go pretty cheap on ebay nowadays.

But yeah.  Licensing BS caused the game to be killed suddenly and unexpectedly.  Awakening was setting up for some brand new strats and balancing.  There were a few questionable UR designs but the game was heading in a great place when they had to cut the cord.  I'm still bitter and sad about it to this day.  Haven't filled that hobby void yet.  I still keep up with Fan Z but events are so sparse and spread out.

FanZ seems interesting. But I don't have anywhere within a country mile of me where I can print the digital cards. And it kind of makes me cringe to see personalities like King Kai being made all the into the World Tournament Saga when there is so much more design space for so many other characters that we really don't need to revisit the brokenness that was the "Kai's" in ScoreZ. 

4 hours ago, James Milligan said:

FanZ seems interesting. But I don't have anywhere within a country mile of me where I can print the digital cards. And it kind of makes me cringe to see personalities like King Kai being made all the into the World Tournament Saga when there is so much more design space for so many other characters that we really don't need to revisit the brokenness that was the "Kai's" in ScoreZ. 

I'm in the Awesomesauce Proxy group on facebook so I can get all  my proxies that way. 

Fortunately they are not repeating the West Kai fiasco in Fan Z.  King Kai is just another normal MP that happens to like allies this time around.  I have yet to see anybody use him, though.  I feel like with Namekian Restored Gohan being such a thing, people would be ready to handle a King Kai deck.