sh0ryu_repp4

Super Dash Promos Revealed

They all seem useful is some way.  Vegito seems like most red decks will want it, it's efficient and it combos for zero cost.  Cell seems real good in a Broly deck and probably a cell deck.  Goku is the one I'm least excited for but yeah the evolve for 3 is the saving grace.  Ginyu Force will obviously be great in a Ginyu deck and probably good in a Freiza deck.  The overall card pool increase from this set is going to be really nice for deck building,  let the hype train keep chuggin' along! 

2 minutes ago, Vile said:

That is exactly what the ginyu force needed. 

I will say, I am not a fan of thr nimbet of exclusive cards in this game. I really don't want staples to be limited run promos. 

I agree, but I think with these Super Dash promos, since they are supposed to be for everyone who buys 12 packs, I can only imagine that there will be LOTS more available than the Tournament Packs.

35 minutes ago, Vile said:

That is exactly what the ginyu force needed. 

I will say, I am not a fan of thr nimbet of exclusive cards in this game. I really don't want staples to be limited run promos. 

It's definitely becoming the biggest negative this game has. The game is really starting to hit the point where there are too many promos.  A large concern I have with the upcoming "deck box packs" is that each appears to come with 7 promos.

19 minutes ago, The Bear said:

It's definitely becoming the biggest negative this game has. The game is really starting to hit the point where there are too many promos.  A large concern I have with the upcoming "deck box packs" is that each appears to come with 7 promos.

It can never be as bad as Power Rangers. That shit was insanity.

And, again, at least with those deck box packs, they are available for normal purchase in stores. so they should be as hard to get as the One Hit Vegetas were, i.e. not at all.

They better be printed to oblivion because people will definitely buy extra product just for these promos. Otherwise I hope stores have a limit to keep it fair. The game doesn't need scalpers making this harder than Bandai already did.

I don't know how far ahead they planned the copious amounts of promos and increased R/SR count when they underprinted set 1. It surprises me that there was enough time for them to activate multiple copies of Pot of Greed while they twirl their moustaches. I don't know any other card game that had this many promos and extra products announced before its second set.

I think what bothers me about the deck box packs is that assuming you need playsets (because god forbid EVEN ONE of these promos are leaders or alt arts, the only one that is was free), you need to buy two hero ones and two villain ones. That's around $65, the average price of a box you could be buying instead. And you WILL need boxes this set.

So if these promos stay at costs of around 25-30 a pop, I cannot forsee myself staying in this game.  Making staples damn near inaccessible is bad game design. I am not paying 100 bucks for 4 cards for a deck in an area where the nearest shop to me can't get peopleto show up for. (Because apperently no promo packs means no one wants to play, dispite getting store credit as prizes)

I play pickup games here or there, but to me that alone isn't worth deck tuning. 

All the promos definitely aren't staples. certain decks definitely function better with them but i dont feel they are necessary. For example, the best deck in the game atm (Vegeta) doesnt need any of the blue promos and even in Blue/Green Vegeta Bardock is probably the best one to add to it and that is one of the least expensive promos.

I feel like most of the set 1 tournament promos are nice additions to decks but the only one that is perhaps above the curve is the super saiyan 3 Goku but it has to be in a mono red deck to get the full use.  In set 2 I think most are in the same brand of "good additions but not needed".  I will agree that the secondary market is not where I would like to get the promos.

I've spoken with some that got their shipments already and received their dash packs, but I've also heard some that are getting shorted on all shipments, just because the demand is so high.  Time will tell.

Oh boy look at that, they are continuing to make promo's scarce which means the nearest shop to me won't ever have events because I'm the only one to show up when the prize is store cred. Way to go bandai.  First P-Bandai Gundams and now this. >_>

The problem is both. If they weren't unique and scarce,  it'd more acceptable though still disappointing. BECAUSE they're unique, it's a pain that they're not available. It doesn't matter if you have to have them. Why do they have to inherently cheat consumers from having them? Why is it good business that every set their customers have to worry if they'll get the new tournament promos or "dash" packs. If you don't dash to your store release day before they run out, tough luck. If your store didn't get any, tough luck.

These stupid things should've been box toppers. Yeah, you have to buy a box for two over the option of twelve packs for one, but at least you're guaranteed them inside the box. Why is it a good idea to leave it up to distributors to short whatever store they want or insert x other reason stores won't get any?

Panini seemed to understand the concept of (almost) no exclusive promos and box toppers to their benefit. It's not like box toppers are a foreign concept for Japanese card games either so what's the problem?

Well this blows. My nearest shop isn't giving out the dash packs with boxes. They are using them as prize support only. So now, being as I can only make it every other saturday, i can only play in 1 every 3 events. So I won't be getting the stuff I need :/

15 hours ago, Vile said:

Well this blows. My nearest shop isn't giving out the dash packs with boxes. They are using them as prize support only. So now, being as I can only make it every other saturday, i can only play in 1 every 3 events. So I won't be getting the stuff I need :/

Wouldn't that be against the rules or something as far as Bandai goes with giving them product? I only ask because I know when I was a judge for Konami when product was mishandled like that, they would go nuts and shops could lose their status for things like that.

48 minutes ago, RPENERGY said:

Wouldn't that be against the rules or something as far as Bandai goes with giving them product? I only ask because I know when I was a judge for Konami when product was mishandled like that, they would go nuts and shops could lose their status for things like that.

Apperently they are given a "suggested use" sheet. They are going against it. 

4 hours ago, Vile said:

Apperently they are given a "suggested use" sheet. They are going against it. 

That is very disappointing. I would be rather upset with my shop for that, but good luck in getting stuff you need. You never know what you might be able to pull or trade for.

12 minutes ago, RPENERGY said:

That is very disappointing. I would be rather upset with my shop for that, but good luck in getting stuff you need. You never know what you might be able to pull or trade for.

There's an ARG 30 mins from my girlfriends. Boxes there have dash packs and if I feel like playing in the ARG I will. (As in if we get entry promos I will :p)

Pretty much that shop just lost a 140ish dollar sale from me for doing it. I'm sure I won't be the only one.