Vile

Android 17/18 alpha build

Working on an alpha deck for A17 leader. 

Terrible creator A20 x4
Expanding energy A17 x4
Exterminating energy A18 x4
Iron hammer of justice A16 x3
Twin brother  17 x4
Twin sister A18 x4
Encroaching terror A19 x3
Furious yell Vegeta x3
Krillin destined deed x4
Aura of rage Supersayian Trunks x2
Son Goten Family of justice x2
Trunks protector of childrenx4
Krillin human shield x4

Enraged Gohan awakening  x2
Father son kamahame x2
King vegeta suprise attack x1

I plan to playtest to decide what extra cards and combo cards to keep in the deck. Then I'll sidedeck as needed. Eventually I'll get some 17 promos. 

Thoughts and comments?

Got 2 Promo 17's today. Dropping Enraged Gohan extra cardfor them. 

In my mild playtesting Father-Son Kamahame doesn't hit as often as I'd like. It has situational uses though so I may sidedeck it and put in Family kamahame

My A17/18 deck works best when it can get the 3-cost A17/18 putting my 5-cost A17/18 back into active mode to attack and use their ability again.  This combo is devastating and cost-efficient with the A17/18 leader. 

I am changing my deck to make this combo more attainable by adding blue for energy ramp; my initial list looked alot like yours, but included the new Piccolo and Gohan that pulls Piccolo, but those cards have been underperforming in this deck.  One problem I had with my alpha build is lack of turn 1 plays; other than Krillin Blocker your build seems to have the same problem.  I also prefer the new Tien over Furious Vegeta, simply because it is cheaper to play.

Another underperformer was A19.  Sure, a card draw is nice, but the deck has plenty of turn 2 plays in A17/18/20, and in my build, Tien.

One question: what is the benefit of running Rage Trunks over two more Goten?  Goten has the same effect but can target things other than blockers.  The only benefit I see to Trunks is he gets +5000 more combo power than Goten.  Personally, I see the freedom to target more cards than blockers to be worth the 5000 combo power.

Enraged Gohan awakening has been an MVP in my deck so far, dont sell that card short.  I also prefer Full Power Energy over the Krillin Blocker, but I suppose that comes down to personal preference.

Enraged Gohan is underrated as all hell. I wish I had kept it in my main board. Both of my two losses at locals last weekend would have been wins if I had kept that card in. I lost to a God Charge Vegeta both times, the deck needs ways to not just stop attacks, but blow the attacker up. I think this card is a mandatory 2 of because last turn it will literally win you the game.

My main problem I keep running into with my A17/18 deck is Zamasu decks that never attack and wait to get their big guys out. If I can't get to my Tien, its GG

1 hour ago, RPENERGY said:

My main problem I keep running into with my A17/18 deck is Zamasu decks that never attack and wait to get their big guys out. If I can't get to my Tien, its GG

If that's the case then you should be slamming into them with Twin 17/18 with 4 attacks per turn and/or the 5 drop 17/18 to make them discard and refill your hand.

Also you should be using Cell to empty their hand as well. If they aren't initiating an offense then you should be starting yours. 17/18 is a beat down deck after all.

1 hour ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

If that's the case then you should be slamming into them with Twin 17/18 with 4 attacks per turn and/or the 5 drop 17/18 to make them discard and refill your hand.

Also you should be using Cell to empty their hand as well. If they aren't initiating an offense then you should be starting yours. 17/18 is a beat down deck after all.

The twins require you to discard a card per their effect to re activate, without being able to draw cards from my leader I didn't have the hand to be able to slam them with the little ones. By the time I could play the big ones they already had the 6 drop zamasu out and the first player was playing blue/yellow zamasu and really didn't like when I played the big androids so they got crusher balled. >.< I've fixed my deck up and have 2 of the cell promo from set 1 and from set 2 now in the deck so I can self damage a bit easier so that doesn't happen in the future. I also have one awakened rage son goku in the deck more as a trump card if they are at 3 life since it isn't hard to get your free drop krillin blocker in the drop zone. It usually just ends up as energy since cell and the twins get most of the work done, but it is fun when the opp. doesn't have many resources from cell dropping and I can finish them at 3.

I appricate the input! I'll try and answer each question here. 

The reason for Trunkswas the fact he could hit a 3 cost blocker, like Jeice or 16. It's just something i wanted to test out to see if it was betterin practice than on paper. If you've had little luck with it, I can swap it out. 

Tien i feel is overall bad.  After you combo with him he just sits there, and you're only getting 1 card out of the 2 damage you take. He's just seemed kinda bad but perhaps he's better in practice than I can forsee. 

A19 was just for card draw, but I do agree there are alot of 2 drop options. He's the first cut in the deck. 

My issue withthe gohan extra was it costs 2. I already struggle with getting things on the board. Perhaps because the only deck I've played with opponets is Ginyu I'm just use to have 3~4 things out in like turn 2. Also most games end by turn 4, 6 at the latest, so I kinda have only that to go off of for game data.  This weekend I'll be at the inly venue whonhas events, 2 hours away, and will get some plays in with this deck. Is the energy ramp, which I'm assuming is just through objection, useful? With already have trouble getting enough things out is the 1-2 turns of just ramping that much liable? 

What mods I may do

-4 A19

-3 Vegeta

-2 trunks 

+4 objection 

+3 Sebzu Bean

+2 Tien

I'll do some ordering as well to grt some Full Power Energy and a couple more king geta's. Say what you will I love that card.  

28 minutes ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

Yeah in testing (and practice) I found Tien useless in 17/18. I would much rather use the Dash pack Cell.

I sadly don't have any of those, I pulled 3 and they all became Ginyu Squads lol. 

I'm going to push this deck as hard as I can. 17 is my fav, and 18 is a waifu, so I have to make them decimate. #lifegoal

I have decided to run this deck and max it out. I was able to trade for the 2 Dash Cells. I just need two TP1 Cell and 2 TP2 17 promos to finish my deck.

Also considering cosplaying 17 at regionals, minus a wig. Would be fun.

8 minutes ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

I have decided to run this deck and max it out. I was able to trade for the 2 Dash Cells. I just need two TP1 Cell and 2 TP2 17 promos to finish my deck.

Also considering cosplaying 17 at regionals, minus a wig. Would be fun.

I just traded for 2 TP1 Cell's and got 1 TP2 17. What ratio do you run your cells?

17 hours ago, RPENERGY said:

I just traded for 2 TP1 Cell's and got 1 TP2 17. What ratio do you run your cells?

4 level 1 and 4 level 2 for sure. Right now I have Perfect at 4 and Dash at 2 since I dropped Tien. Ratio isn't final though.

Here is the list so far. 

Leader: A17

Terrible creator A20 x3
Expanding energy A17 x4
Exterminating energy A18 x4
Iron hammer of justice A16 x2
Twin brother  17 x4
Twin sister A18 x4
Krillin destined deed x4
Son Goten Family of justice x2
Trunks protector of childrenx4
Krillin human shield x4

Tien x2

Chilling Terror A17 x2

Enraged Gohan awakening  x2
Father son kamahame x2
King vegeta suprise attack x1

Senzu Bean x3

Objection x4

For some reason using my phone to post is making the post box format weird. Sorry for the odd spaces.