Sign in to follow this  
KidShadow

Buu/Red Deck Style

Hey all!

New to the site and new to the game of DBS but a local shop is really into and its infectious. Played a couple rounds last night with some of their premade decks and immediataly bought a promo pack to see where I could start.

Ended up pulling a Grand Evil Absorption Majin Buu and because its a decent card (who am I kidding!? Its shiny and I want to use it), I was seeing if anybody had deck ideas for buu and buu archtypes. Been working on a couple ideas but wanted to see what other directions there were. 

Mono red Babadi decks are the starting point for most, here's a link from the Bandai website about their take on the deck http://www.dbs-cardgame.com/strategy/union-force/decks_majin-buu.php.  It is a pretty fun deck and you can build it without the super rare Gohan as that card isn't too cheap.  

As far as being new to the game, welcome and definitely check out some deck profiles on youtube, there are lots.  And with all games be ready to lose some in the beginning and be patient and then the wins will start coming.

I did see the ones on bandai but i just assumed they were kind of like the basic starter deck ideas that most tcgs provide. I wanted to jump right into the meta and find out the hard way haha

The Bandai deck is a solid starting point for Babadi. From there I would make the following changes:

Ultimate Evil Dark Prince Vegeta cut to 2-of (-2)

Attendants Spopovich and Yamu cut to 2-of (-2)

Ability Unleashed Gohan cut to 0 (-2)

Add Evil Wizard Babadi to 4-of (to help seal the late game)

Add Double Shot Vegeta to 2-of (for early game pressure)

My reasoning being that you'll likely wake Majin Buu without having Vegeta and Spopovich at 4-of.  Ability Unleashed Gohan is good, but Babadi will help you get out your best cards if you cant get your Buu evolutions going.  Babadi can be hit and miss, but if you dont get your Buu evolutions going you're going to have to take the chance.  Babadi can also pull Dabura, a very necessary buffer in this deck.

Early game try to play Cabba to awaken if your opponent is stalling you.  Awakening early will help you damage your opponent during the mid to late game with your weaker battle cards.

The goal would be to play Majin Buu Revived with the Sealed Ball in the mid to late game.  You dont want to do this too early, as the 1-life hit from the skill gets better as the game progresses.  On the turn that you play Majin Buu Revived you want to have:

• at least 2 free Red energy
  • at least 1 Awakening Evil Buu to evolve into and out of
  • at least Ghost Attack Gotenks or Miraculous Gohan, while each has their own advantages either one is better than neither.  This is the main play of the deck, after all.
    • Gotenks into Prodigy Buu is preferred against decks with board removal through skills.
    • Gohan into Grand Evil Buu is a better play when the opponent is near death and/or plays many low cost battle cards that you can try and kill (f*ck up some Bulmas, Cabbas, and Energy Boost Buus).

Since your primary Buu evolution will only cost you 2 energy and takes a card from your hand, you should have the energy to pay for other things the turn you evolve.  This helps you possible play a miraculous Gohan from the hand to potentially seal the deal or keep energy free for your opponent's turn.

Anyways, thats my take on the deck given absolutely zero playtesting.

I hear you, but surprisingly the deck list is a decent one.  My buddy built a Babadi deck the first weekend and when the article came out he laughed about the fact that his deck was only 7 cards different from the Bandai deck.  He was playing Jiren, which I really like as well, and he wasn't playing x4 of the super rare Gohan because he only has x2.  I actually just built the deck on Tuesday but I have not played it yet.  I am eager to find out how it fairs against Cell.  Cell is pretty popular right now in my area (and most places I'm guessing) so hopefully it's not a too bad of a match-up

@The Bear That was an awesome breakdown! Im def gonna def and build this and try it out. 

@Trunks123 Yeah, When I was at the shop, I heard people talking about how Cell is super good. I know it just won out in Cali too at that tournament. Seems like at the moment that are only a couple top tier meta decks and the rest are just completely viable rogue decks.