sh0ryu_repp4

Draft Box Leaders

All the info on the Draft Boxes is up.

Leaders: http://www.dbs-cardgame.com/cardlist/?search=true&category=428901&free=P-025 P-026 P-027 P-028

General Info: http://www.dbs-cardgame.com/product/dbs-box01.php#howToPlay01

Releases December 8th for $100. Comes with 12 Set 1 packs, 12 Set 2 packs, 4 of the same random Draft Leader (4 Gokus, 4 Vegetas, etc.) and one TP1 back.

Frieza is easily the best of the bunch, and these will be legal in time for the December 16th Regional (which I am attending) so that should be interesting.

Personally I am going to buy 1 Box and get the other leaders as singles.

What do you all think? Discuss!

One or two players in my scene referred to the leaders in the new draft box as "mediocre", but I don't know that I agree. I think they could all be dangerous. I agree with Shoryu though that Freiza is likely the best of the four.

Frieza opens up free play of a good number of powerful staple Extra cards, but the at the cost of a life card can hamper him toward the endgame, particularly against heavy agro decks like blue vegeta.

Gotenks is a nice replacement for Broly in green; very aggressive.  I quite like it.

Played against 3 Draft Frieza decks last night at locals; beat all 3 with tricolor Ginyu.  Two were Vegito builds that searched out the 5 cost with Potara, but CBL and Crusher Ball had my back on that front.  My first opponent played two Objections on turn 1 but taking the life worked in my favor as I could keep tempo with Ginyu.  One of the builds was a more aggressive mostly red build (I dont think he ran Vegito) that used Ghostenks and Babidi; again, CBL was clutch.  [Side note: FD Champa put in a lot of work, I suppose because when awakened Ginyu doesnt give himself double strike people dont expect you to Champa.]  Draft Frieza is awesome and has alot of surprises, but it is probably one of the toughest decks to build and play well; until someone finds a more consistent game plan and gets a lot of testing in I think it will be tier 2.  I'm hoping people aren't able to break it before the Orlando regional this weekend.

Ha, so it appears people were able to figure out Frieza rather quickly to make it incredibly effective.  Draft Frieza took 12 of the Top 32 spots; the most represented leader by far with Cell at 6 and both Blue Vegeta and Starter Goku with 4.  I dropped after 5 rounds and only played 1; I played against alot of red though.

Yeah, the red Gotenks/Babidi engine is huge right now, along with Cell/Androids.  This is one reason why Mecha Frieza worked so well.  The time it takes to grab Cell or Babidi gives yellow ample time to find a CBL and hold on to it.  I'd be surprised if we didn't see a spike in Blue Vegeta decks returning for Vegas.  Aggro cards for a quick beatdown rather than setup decks that hinge around 1 or 2 cards getting their when played effects.  That or people will double down on yellow and max out bad ring.  if yellow had some battle cards that were really strong on their own a blue/yellow hybrid vegeta might be fun, but there are just so many vanillas or just cards that have to be run with a yellow leader to shine.

3 hours ago, Stryyder said:

Yeah, the red Gotenks/Babidi engine is huge right now, along with Cell/Androids.  This is one reason why Mecha Frieza worked so well.  The time it takes to grab Cell or Babidi gives yellow ample time to find a CBL and hold on to it.  I'd be surprised if we didn't see a spike in Blue Vegeta decks returning for Vegas.  Aggro cards for a quick beatdown rather than setup decks that hinge around 1 or 2 cards getting their when played effects.  That or people will double down on yellow and max out bad ring.  if yellow had some battle cards that were really strong on their own a blue/yellow hybrid vegeta might be fun, but there are just so many vanillas or just cards that have to be run with a yellow leader to shine.

Yellow likely won't get a huge power card. It's theme seems to be swarm. Ginyu bring out the force, freiza killing used people to play another, other freiza switching characters to active to keep them from blowing up, Cooler grabs from the discard  (both versions), amd chilled has token abuse. 

The closest you get to a power card in yellow is 7 drop freezer or 8 drop cooler. Mecha freiza might count, but overall the theme is power in numbers, not in one.