Artificial Human

Namekian Restored & Saiyan Empowered are Frozen

https://fanztcg.wordpress.com/rulebook-crd/

While I digged playing Restored, at this point people are just tired of these two dominating. With these freezings and the Future Gohan change, it'll be interesting to see what does well though I would've liked to see the results of such changes this year with all the stagnant meta complaints. With the new set, people who simply played the meta this year will have to try new things.

20 minutes ago, ChangelingBard said:

No legacy bonus for some stupid reason.  I mean they already had the rule that you can't use fanz cards if you use a legacy mp, why get rid of it entirely? 

Just because it was confusing and nobody used it anyway.

9 hours ago, Mysterious Youth said:

So this will be the CRD discussion thread then?

They didn't change Dr Brief to include Kid Trunks. Hoping that's an oversight because he really should.

I think it is an oversight. Joey did say using the same name was originally always the plan.

Edit: Nope. Dr Brief does not work with Kid Trunks.

On 11/18/2017 at 4:36 AM, Mysterious Youth said:

So this will be the CRD discussion thread then?

They didn't change Dr Brief to include Kid Trunks. Hoping that's an oversight because he really should.

While I agree with you thematically, Dr. Brief plus Kid Trunks' Quickness Drill would be a little much...

On another note, I'm glad I won't have to deal with 10 Saiyan Empowered Broly / Namekian Restored Gohan each tournament.  The next Fan Z tournaments should be interesting!

5 hours ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

I am glad they got rid of them, it is going to force players to experiment and there is so much good stuff to experiment with in this set.

Soooo.... can we talk about how nuts Saiyan Oppressive Trunks is tho?

I keep hearing about this Oppressive Trunks.  Is it an MPPV build?  It seems weird to me that it would be more effective than Ascension unless the action skipping just makes it that much easier (action skipping is more powerful than many people think).

33 minutes ago, Thearbiter20x6 said:

I keep hearing about this Oppressive Trunks.  Is it an MPPV build?  It seems weird to me that it would be more effective than Ascension unless the action skipping just makes it that much easier (action skipping is more powerful than many people think).

It is CRAZY. Saw a match against Ruthless Videl where Trunks went form 1 to 3 and the Videl only made ONE attack...

11 minutes ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

It is CRAZY. Saw a match against Ruthless Videl where Trunks went form 1 to 3 and the Videl only made ONE attack...

Well, shit!  I need to look in to this.  I mean I get the instant jumping from 1-2, but that had to have been near ideal conditions.  Anybody have a deck list handy?  Google doesn't give me anything directly and I don't want to have to dig.

On paper it seems weird to me.  I must be missing something.  So heroic dashing punch is obviously the powerhouse card yielding 2 anger, but apart from that, you have saiyan gut kick and...um....what else?  Sure that first attack each combat auto skips but saiyan doesn't have a lot of inherent anger raising on their cards (some exceptions like face strike).

So basically trunks plays the game first and you have to hope that you can end him quickly after he unloads? 

On another note, I tried Black Conflict with the new Piccolo stack because of the obvious discard synergy.  I put it up against the ol' Orange Adept Gohan figuring piccolo would have so much stage gain that he could thwart physical beatdown.

...then I remembered why I love my Adept Gohan and watched as it refused to care about Piccolo's stupid garbage trash and proceeded to mop the floor with him.  My Black Conflict Piccolo was trying to be beatdown and control at the same time and doing neither particularly well.  Adept Gohan is focused on the single purpose of BEATING FACE.

I am going to try again with Blue Resourceful because I like the Piccolo stack and want to make it work.  Two issues:

1. I won't have any actual set 10 cards for a while and this build will require a lot of imagination and actual placeholder proxying

2. Blue physical beats STILL suffers anger issues. How will I level up?  I suppose I can be a tool and toss in an unleashed engine since blue rebuke is awesome.  Hm.  That would free up some space I suppose...would no longer need to use blue fear or other anger cards.  Yeah.  I'ma tool it up. But this leave the very real possibility of being stuck on 1 for a while and that is NOT okay.

Grrr I wish I could get proxies faster.  My gohan deck will be even more crazy once I get Orange Bottle Drill and Devilish Sword Strike!

Edit: DOH.  I meant the post this in the set 10 decks thread.  Feel free to delete as I am going to copy/paste it to that thread.

On 11/18/2017 at 4:07 PM, ChangelingBard said:

No legacy bonus for some stupid reason.  I mean they already had the rule that you can't use fanz cards if you use a legacy mp, why get rid of it entirely? 

I think the Legacy thing should have been expanded. I don't think Empowered is that much of a problem outside of Broly and maybe Raditz. I don't think Restored is that much of a problem outside of Gohan.

X MP cannot use Y Mastery would have just patched problems and opened up design as long as they lock off certain combinations. I'm not saying designing with this in mind is a positive thing, but it's not terribly different to the old 'If you declared X Toku Waza, do xyz.' and I don't have a problem with those types of cards.

4 hours ago, Artificial Human said:

I think the Legacy thing should have been expanded. I don't think Empowered is that much of a problem outside of Broly and maybe Raditz. I don't think Restored is that much of a problem outside of Gohan.

X MP cannot use Y Mastery would have just patched problems and opened up design as long as they lock off certain combinations. I'm not saying designing with this in mind is a positive thing, but it's not terribly different to the old 'If you declared X Toku Waza, do xyz.' and I don't have a problem with those types of cards.

They're only frozen. They'll likely be back in a set or so like when the set 1 masteries were frozen. The point is to spur innovation. 

1 minute ago, v3rse said:

They're only frozen. They'll likely be back in a set or so like when the set 1 masteries were frozen. The point is to spur innovation. 

Disagree. The Frozen List is nothing more than Konami's Banlist, where things go on but rarely come off. The point is to banhammer things that over centralize the meta around them, which Saiyan Empowered Broly and Namekian Restored Gohan were doing. What just took place is nothing like the blanket ban of Premier's Masteries, it was a pin point ban like Fan Z did to Red Enraged and Black Devious. Namekian Enlightened being an edited Namekian Restored kinda points in that direction.

16 minutes ago, Artificial Human said:

Disagree. The Frozen List is nothing more than Konami's Banlist, where things go on but rarely come off. The point is to banhammer things that over centralize the meta around them, which Saiyan Empowered Broly and Namekian Restored Gohan were doing. What just took place is nothing like the blanket ban of Premier's Masteries, it was a pin point ban like Fan Z did to Red Enraged and Black Devious. Namekian Enlightened being an edited Namekian Restored kinda points in that direction.

Time will tell.

4 hours ago, Edison Carasio said:

They killed my greatest pan z creation, Restored Gohan :(

Not only did they kill it, they neutered it first (separating the stacks) and then put it down (freezing the mastery). Then they pissed on its grave (created a similar but not the same mastery).

On 11/20/2017 at 0:49 PM, Thearbiter20x6 said:

Well, shit!  I need to look in to this.  I mean I get the instant jumping from 1-2, but that had to have been near ideal conditions.  Anybody have a deck list handy?  Google doesn't give me anything directly and I don't want to have to dig.

On paper it seems weird to me.  I must be missing something.  So heroic dashing punch is obviously the powerhouse card yielding 2 anger, but apart from that, you have saiyan gut kick and...um....what else?  Sure that first attack each combat auto skips but saiyan doesn't have a lot of inherent anger raising on their cards (some exceptions like face strike).

So basically trunks plays the game first and you have to hope that you can end him quickly after he unloads? 

Saiyan Sword Skill is the card you seem to be missing. 

So level 1, obviously shoots to 2. From there you have the mastery effect for skip, gut kicks, and then the new cards that force skips, Dashing punch, and Sword skill (turning all attacks that hit into a skip). On top of skip effects, you also run Blinding Energy Move, Trunks Slam, Earth Ball 7, and the new card that can all end combat, which level 3 can loop until it gets into a position where it can push for game.

So run the skip cards, combat enders, trunks Slam/Trunks Knee Bash included and anger cards. 

Also, Saiyan Inspection Drill is a 3 of.

1 hour ago, Amanax said:

So level 1, obviously shoots to 2. From there you have the mastery effect for skip, gut kicks, and then the new cards that force skips, Dashing punch, and Sword skill (turning all attacks that hit into a skip). On top of skip effects, you also run Blinding Energy Move, Trunks Slam, Earth Ball 7, and the new card that can all end combat, which level 3 can loop until it gets into a position where it can push for game.

Weirdly, I feel like it's finally safe to say that maybe there's an actual use for cards that counter combat enders. At long, long last xD

17 hours ago, Mysterious Youth said:

But then you have to waste room on those instead of fun cards... Granted, that's only competitively but still. Nobody likes putting Wall Breaker-like silver bullets in their deck. It's simply an unfortunate and necessary evil.

We need cards that open up possibilities for having those silver bullet cards in your deck, even if you don't need the silver bullet itself.