Nothing At All

What's everyone looking forward to in gaming?

12 hours ago, Nothing At All said:

Vile: Are there campaign objectives such as first to build a mobile suit, defeat rival suit, defeat opposing organization, etc.? How do you choose factions? I'm very curious on how someone would make a real life Gundam war game and things like balance issues and gameplay.  Does it have attacks like Wing Zero's spin to win (even though you said it's based on ZZ)? Makes me think back of when I would occasionally pass by Games Workshop and seeing all the Warhammer 40K stuff.  Thought that was too much to get into but if it was themed differently, I might give it a chance.

I haven't been able to start campaign yet. The anime store is building the player base, right now doing alot of battle royals and junk and tweeking the mechanics. The creator is about to drop a 3.0 rule book this december, and after 2 years it looks like it'll be a nice update. 

For the campaign he has mapped out where bases are on earth and their value.  Same witg space but it's divided by like quadrics of space. There are rules for space and earth, as well as weather effects. 

Factions have EFSF, Zeon, Titans, and Neo Zeon. All it really does is show whos on whos team for the campaign.  When we run ours, we might limit players units by team but I think that the plan is to allow player to make up groups, like group A can be the Twilight Scorpians ans groupB is the sunshine nova's. 

As well, in the campaign there are pilot, who have stats that effect mobile suits in combat and have their own abilitys (like newtype!) And they gain experence per battle and level up and junk. 

4 hours ago, The Bear said:

The general toxicity of the MTG scene is what made me stop going to FNM drafts and constructed tournaments.  One of the things I actually miss about the Panini-Z game is that the majority of the players were nice and would play characters they like and actually try new things.  Of course, you did have the players that would stick with the top meta decks because they would rather play the same shit over and over to win locals rather than try anything new, but they were not the majority.  With DBS being more popular than PanZ I do notice that many players from other games are latching onto DBS, playing the top known meta decks, and bringing the general toxicity of their communities with them, although it is not nearly as bad as the MTG scene a few years ago.  Generally, I like my local DBS community with the exception of a handful of people.

I only hope this trend for Pan Z continues for The Dennis Games in New Jersey in Dec.  My Red Ruthless Goku deck (I promise this is not your cookie-cutter Goku deck and that I am actually trying something CRAZY) never got a chance to smack face because of a poor decision I made way back in November of last year. But I'm afraid that everybody will be running Oppressive Trunks, and if this happens I figured out how to make minor changes to my Adept Gohan that SHOULD make it a hard counter (more playtesting incomming) and I will use it if I have to!

But I used it last time and I wanna use my Goku deck waaaaaaaahhhh

11 hours ago, The Bear said:

The general toxicity of the MTG scene is what made me stop going to FNM drafts and constructed tournaments.

EDH/Commander is the only reason why I still continue to play MTG to this day. Luckily for me I have a healthy playgroup to enjoy the format with at my locals where players aren't racing to combo out first before their opponents but I've seen it happen before with Breya, Etherium Shaper and Arcum Dagsson.

I recently got O-Kagachi, Vengeful Kami close to being completely proxy free with the playtesting results improving bit by bit. Still need a way to get around Kozilek, the Great Distortion though since anything I cast gets countered. I'd also like to try to find room to fit in both Cavern of Souls and Boseiju, Who Shelters All though it won't be easy.

Lack of variety, an unfriendly community, and or too much focus on winning are mostly the reasons why I don't participate in tournaments.

Vile: Cool, sounds like it's going to be fun.  Hope it turns out well.  Oh yeah, does the store, creator bring the gunpla or is it a everyone who plays pitches in kind of thing?

Card Slinger J: Forgot to ask, how's FFTCG? When I found out about it, I couldn't get into it due to a number of things but am interested in its longevity.  The art itself looks good but seems like it was taken from their archives, artbooks, etc.  The backgrounds from what I remember were empty.  It was expensive for a booster box for the initial release and was low in quantity.  Friend bought it only to collect.  How's the gameplay these days? Decent amount of variety?

Back on topic, apparently there is going to be a Robotech (Macross) 2 player card game, Force of Arms.  Haven't heard that name in a long time so I'm fascinated by it.  Hope it's not a nostalgic cashgrab.  Not enough details and pics from what I've looked up.  By the way it sounds, it's not a TCG, maybe a LCG type of thing, not sure.

3 hours ago, Nothing At All said:

Vile: Cool, sounds like it's going to be fun.  Hope it turns out well.  Oh yeah, does the store, creator bring the gunpla or is it a everyone who plays pitches in kind of thing?

I don't quite know what you're asking here. There's a Unit Sheet where you put your gunpla's stats on. The book has a formula to determine units speeds and HP based on what the mobile suit was made with(for realism!). From there you pay a point cost per unit and a build a force around that cost similar to heroclix. 

2 hours ago, Nothing At All said:

Oh, um, who provides the actual models for the game? Is it from someone's personal collection, every player brings what they can, and or the store provides it?

Literally you bring a 1/144 scale model. Qe play so you have have to have the model that matches your sheet. (So mo dropping a Zaku and using a Sazabi stat sheet) 

I paint all my guys to have a matching color scheme. (Cept for the leader whos more metallic). You can see the Zgok, and two gyan in the background. All have a black/purple/gold coloring. 

PIfzPqb.jpg

9 hours ago, Nothing At All said:

Oh, ok, that's what I assumed.

Those look great.  How long does it usually take to paint the 1/144 on average? Do you paint before assembly or after?

Mid. Those above I half assed just to get a color pattern. I airbrish so it takes about 3 days because I have to let paint dry before I mask off spots. Also enamel paints take a week or so to cure. Airbrushing makes painting easy if all you want to do is a basic non -detailed recolor. When I paint my federation team I'll shade them so it'll take longer. 

The gyancelot, main one in the photo, I built for a 30 day challange and it took me about 20 days of work. The Red Gyan I posted was about 30ish hours of work. 

I don't paint mine so any decent looking paintjob is going to be pretty good to me.  After I build mine, usually I test out the joints and see if anything falls apart or stuff like that then it goes into its box and stored somewhere.

Do you have one that's considered your best work?

That red Gyan, the Johnny Ridden custom, I posted for Bear is imo my best.  I should judt make a Vile's Custom thread... I'm already working on a FB page so why the hell not?

On 12/3/2017 at 5:08 AM, Nothing At All said:

I don't paint mine so any decent looking paintjob is going to be pretty good to me.  After I build mine, usually I test out the joints and see if anything falls apart or stuff like that then it goes into its box and stored somewhere.

Do you have one that's considered your best work?

While I love doing custom paint jobs on my model kits it is not really necessary to get models looking great; I do not have airbrush so spray can is what I usually use when custom painting and it is time consuming when you live in an apartment with no dedicated workshop.  Panel line detailing followed by a flat coat is usually my go-to for alot of kits and really makes the kit pop without having to paint the kit.

If you ever have problems with loose joints my preferred method is to use a dab of superglue on the male end of any connection and allow it to dry outside of the joint, sand down a bit, and reinsert the joint; this usually does a great job making the joint more snug.  WARNING: You have to make sure the glue is fully cured before sanding and reinserting the joint, otherwise you may inadvertently superglue the joint together.  

@Vile:  I would totally follow that facebook page and a "Vile's Customs" thread would probably get all my likes on here.  Let me know when either is up!

Will do! I'll try to get it up tonight. 

I think the joint issues he's talking about are more like the frail kits that shatter with ease. Like say, RG Sinanju. With the exceptionof my purple/black grunts for the game I seamline my kits and the liquid cement holds it all together well. 

The worst kit I've seen with this issue is the R-Gyagya, and the arms are not secured well on the kit and I think are too heavy for it. The pop out all the time. 

Video Games: BotW DLC pack 2, FighterZ  probably something else I can't think of.  I downloaded UltraSun 2 weeks ago and haven't had time to play it

Card games: Draft boxes for DBS, hoping to judge at Vegas, unstable for MTG

Comics: Keeping up with the new volume of Runaways, seeing Rodders and the gang finally get the Lost Light back in the TF comics

Toys: need 3 more dinobots to finish Volcanicus, hoping SOME 3P creator makes a Rung, getting the Trunks Time Machine model kit

Board Games: Tanto Cuore 5, Betrayal Legacies, new DC deckbuiling stuff

Oh yeah, that game that was announced on monday. It's been a longtime for an obsessed fan like myself. Hell my username comes from the series. 

MMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEGGGGAAAAAA MAN 11!!!!!!!!!!! I am the hype

16 minutes ago, Vile said:

Oh yeah, that game that was announced on monday. It's been a longtime for an obsessed fan like myself. Hell my username comes from the series. 

I also heard all of the Megaman X series is coming to the new generation, which is great because I get tired of dusting off my GameCube when I get the itch to play through X3 and X4. 

47 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I also heard all of the Megaman X series is coming to the new generation, which is great because I get tired of dusting off my GameCube when I get the itch to play through X3 and X4. 

My PS2 is always plugged in so I have no need for the new X titles. If they put Xtreme 1&2 I'll likely pick them up because I don't have a GBA anymore. 

1 hour ago, Vile said:

Wait, I haven't checked out these "Game Awards" or whatever because I live under a rock, but MEGA MAN 11 IS HAPPENING?!  NINE (my faaaaaaave) AND TEN ROCKED!!

*heads to google*

14 minutes ago, Thearbiter20x6 said:

Wait, I haven't checked out these "Game Awards" or whatever because I live under a rock, but MEGA MAN 11 IS HAPPENING?!  NINE (my faaaaaaave) AND TEN ROCKED!!

*heads to google*

Truth. It lives. 

AND IT LOOKS BEAUTIFUL 

1 hour ago, Vile said:

Truth. It lives. 

AND IT LOOKS BEAUTIFUL 

SQUEEEEEEE

LOVE the art style! 

While I do not like all the MM games (imo 4 sucked, 6 was very "meh," 8 I barely even touched I disliked it so much, and 5 was fun but way too easy), Mega Man 9 is GOLD and 10, while not as good as 9, was still friggin GREAT.  I hope 11 will be just as good!

Mega Man 9 and the achievements made me a man.  The training gave me the strength to beat the Yellow Devil from MM 1 without the pause glitch. 

Late 2018 though...sad face.  Gonna be a while. 

EDIT: I have been meaning to mention how much I LOVE your new liftbro King Knight avatar.  Shovel Knight, King of Cards is actually a 2018 game I am super pumped for.

I thought King of Cards was set this month along with the amiibo 3-pack.  Bummer if it isn't.  

I'm a megaman junkie though. Like, i have soooooo much product from the series it's unhealthy. I loved mm9 as well, and it's likely my favorite of the classic series but I loved MM3 with all my heart, and 8 will always have a special place in my heart.  I personally loved the 32bit megaman. 

1 hour ago, Vile said:

I thought King of Cards was set this month along with the amiibo 3-pack.  Bummer if it isn't.  

I'm a megaman junkie though. Like, i have soooooo much product from the series it's unhealthy. I loved mm9 as well, and it's likely my favorite of the classic series but I loved MM3 with all my heart, and 8 will always have a special place in my heart.  I personally loved the 32bit megaman. 

Mega Man 3 is one of the best of the bunch so no disagreement there!  I think my top 5 would be:

1 MM9

2.MM10

3.MM2 (Hard Mode; regular is too easy)

4.MM3 (2 and 3 are veeeery close)

5.MM1 (ONLY because of the famous ball-busting Yellow Devil.  I like when video games occasionally give me a good nut-punch.)

I do feel like I should have given MM8 more of a chance, but I remember the levels being sooooo loooooong that when I died near the end I did not have the motivation to try again. That was on my Gamecube MM Anniversary collection disk.  Now I only have a Wii U and Switch so I have no way to play Gamecube games (gave my Wii to my parents, though I doubt they ever use it).