Nothing At All

What's everyone looking forward to in gaming?

Well good news! Bith Legecy collections are coming to switch. I don't have a need for them, as the Anniversary Collection does all I need it to, but you might like em. 

No goo, mm7 was awesome.  I loved the sprites and innovative ideas like the shop and the secret boss and armor.

So since no one else has stated it, Ballad of Champions dropped last night!  Another of Nintendo's "we will now announce the release date for the DLC pack.  The release will be 5...................4...3...2..".

After watching the trailer, anyone who griped about the content for price on DLC can go suck it.  New missions, new outfits, new weapons, new Horse equipment and A FRICKIN' GUARDIAN MOTORCYCLE.  Between the new baby, work and a get-together tonight I haven't been able to dive in yet T_T

1 hour ago, Majin Goo said:

Am I the only one that loved MM7? 

MM7 was actually pretty good.  It had a few differences that I did not necessarily like, but I enjoyed it even though it didn't make my list.  It definitely beats 6,4, and 8 for me (though if I were to exclude yellow devil 7 is better than 1).

9 minutes ago, Stryyder said:

So since no one else has stated it, Ballad of Champions dropped last night!  Another of Nintendo's "we will now announce the release date for the DLC pack.  The release will be 5...................4...3...2..".

After watching the trailer, anyone who griped about the content for price on DLC can go suck it.  New missions, new outfits, new weapons, new Horse equipment and A FRICKIN' GUARDIAN MOTORCYCLE.  Between the new baby, work and a get-together tonight I haven't been able to dive in yet T_T

Oh that's right!  I think I'll play that tonight.  Or maybe Xenoblade Chronicles 2...TOO MUCH AWESOME I CAN'T HANDLE IT.

5 hours ago, Artificial Human said:

Beyonetta 3 has nearly got me on the Nintendo Train again. Just want to see the Switch be closer to 250 than 450.

I know some people live in different regions. Is it not $299 where you live?

If you could find a way to buy it from somewhere else I believe the Switch is region-free. 450 AUD comes to about 340 USD rounded to the nearest 10 spot but I'm not sure how the difference is affected by Australian wages so the difference could be substantial for all I know. 

6 hours ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

Street Fighter 30th anniversary collection baby! 12 Arcade perfect versions with Super Turbo, Alpha 3, AND THIRD STRIKE ALL ONLINE BABY! WOOOO!! On PS4, XBone, and Switch! 3S ON THE GOOOO!!!

HYPE BABY HYPE!!

enhanced-buzz-8016-1426277582-24.jpg

Yes. Hype. Much hype.

My first opportunity to play SF3 :)

14 hours ago, Majin Goo said:

Alpha 3 was probably my favorite. 

Alpha 3 is 2nd on my list, it is such a fantastic game.

12 hours ago, Artificial Human said:

I grew up with Street Fighter II' Special Championship Edition.

It is my favorite. Though I thought 4 was alright.

CE is ok, Super Turbo is the best version of 2 tho. Vanilla 4 was pretty good, Super SF4 was my favorite of the 4 series though. I dropped out of 4 by the time Ultra dropped (I was balls deep in MvC3 by then) but it is an extremely good version. If I had kept playing 4 it'd probably be my favorite of the 4 series.

59 minutes ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

CE is ok, Super Turbo is the best version of 2 tho. Vanilla 4 was pretty good, Super SF4 was my favorite of the 4 series though. I dropped out of 4 by the time Ultra dropped (I was balls deep in MvC3 by then) but it is an extremely good version. If I had kept playing 4 it'd probably be my favorite of the 4 series.

I really clocked a few thousand hours into Alpha 3 back when I didn't have to adult. I liked Ultra 4. If SC VI captures the magic of 2-4 I will probably not touch any other fighting games. I might touch on KI just because but that would be it. 

Maybe it is just me... but I am a little concerned about DBFZ... Like we keep seeing these 30 second trailers that show us NOTHING, we still haven't had OFFICIAL footage/confirmation of the Dragon Ball system and what it does and the game comes out in a MONTH.

I am really concerned we are going to have a reverse MvCI situation. MvCI has bad presentation but great gameplay, and I am worried that DBFZ will have great presentation and shallow gameplay. Every time I see the game I am like... There FEELS like there should be more here...

Like I said, we are a month away and still don't know about a CORE mechanic.

I am not saying the sky is falling yet, but I brought my umbrella with me...

1 hour ago, Majin Goo said:

If SC VI captures the magic of 2-4 I will probably not touch any other fighting games. I might touch on KI just because but that would be it. 

I am so god damn hype for more info on SC6. The reverse clash mechanic already sounds fantastic.

The Beta plays I watched on YouTube for the game looks solid. The gameplay is really smooth. Also the dragonballs effectfrom what I could tell is a timed moment where your attack raises and you begin to regain HP. 

2 minutes ago, Vile said:

The Beta plays I watched on YouTube for the game looks solid. The gameplay is really smooth. Also the dragonballs effectfrom what I could tell is a timed moment where your attack raises and you begin to regain HP. 

The gameplay does look solid but it also looks very shallow. Every time I see it I think to myself "that can't be it". And those stupid 30 second trailers aren't helping. We can't get hype for the characters when we can't see them. I was so underwhelmed with the Adult Gohan trailer because I wanted to see what his install super was like, instead we get the Teen Gohan multi kick, a generic ki blast, and what appears to be the startup of the install super. Like.... we need MORE dammit! lol

And the DB system has been unofficially confirmed via a Japanese Bandai/Namco stream where the guy playing accidentally activated it. It appears that every combo of 10 increment hits gets you that star Dragon Ball (10 hits = 1 star ball, 20 hits = 2 star ball, etc.) that is what we are guessing though, nothing has been officially confirmed. When you summon Shenron an option wheel comes up with different options available. the options appear to include; attack up, health up, revive dead partner, and something to do with your burst gauge. (maybe get your burst back? it is unclear). we also don't know if you just auto summon Shenron once you get the 7 and how that stops gameplay or anything like that. We really need official confirmation on that soon.

Like I am hype, but I need more reasons to STAY hype. They have been quiet for far too long.

So I'm about 2/3 through the new content for LoZ.  Here's a quick rundown for those who are curious: (spoilers, beware)

Objective 1: Great Plateau challenge - Return to the Shrine of resurrection.  You will be given a new weapon, it looks kind of like a 4 prong tuning fork, the end of each prong has a symbol representing one of the 4 champions.  Your health will reduce to a quarter heart while wielding the weapon, however the weapon deals a killing blow to whatever you hit. (after 2 swings it will dim and deal no damage, but will recharge within a few seconds, so don't wade into a crowd of Bokoblins or anything)  there are 4 enemy camps that you have to clear out with this weapon, with each one summoning a new Shrine to conquer.  these shrines are slightly more difficult that the ones from the main game.  once you complete this, the weapon will shatter, raising 4 small platforms, one in each champion's region.

Objective 2-5: Complete the memory songs.  As you travel to each platform, you will meet the Rito minstrel that has been a fixture in your adventure.  he is trying to complete old songs about the 4 champions.  He will give you 3 tasks to complete to help him.  The platform that was raised has 3 small pillars that will show maps with the approximate area of those challenges.  As with the Plateau challenge, completing a task will raise a new shrine.  Once you have completed all 3 shrines in an area you can go back to the divine beast and once again battle the Blight from that dungeon, however you will be severely limited in your equipment, with only a single bow, a couple weapons native to that region and a handful of arrows.  After you defeat the Blight you will be treated to a new cutscene, depicting Zelda approaching each champion to recruit them.

Misc objective: New items.  There are some new gear pieces to find, including single pieces Ravio's Hood (LBW), Zant's helmet (TP), the Lobster Tunic (WW) and 2 new full armor sets, Phantom Ganon's armor (OoT) and the Soldier's Uniform (BotW old guards).  In addition you can find a new Guardian themed gear set for your horses.

The final piece, which you don't get until you beat all 5 of the objectives above, is the Guardian Cycle.  A motorcycle mount.

14 hours ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

I never played Super Turbo back in the day, only the Revival X on the GBA.

I have SSF4Arcade Editon. I just never really venture out of the SSF2 characters much. Cammy, Sagat, Vega/Claw are the characters I typically stick to. Probably enjoy Cammy's speed the most.