Nothing At All

What's everyone looking forward to in gaming?

Wasn't looking forward too it but I bought Player Unknown's Battlegrounds for Xbox One on a whim... I didn't know I had a thing for the "hunger games" genre but apparently I do. If you go into it casually looking to just tactically cause mayhem you actually do pretty well and have lots of fun. 

Thearbiter20x6: If you really want to get into building Gundams or other stuff, I suggest finding a design you like,  probably the high grade version and go from there.  Been a long time but I think I started with a HG Red Astray, had some mistakes but still kept it and I don't nor do I want to paint mine.  I admire those who do especially if it's well done.  If I do start painting, I think I will go with a HG Shining Gundam (probably 2 sets) and paint it gold then probably the MG version if I feel like I did a good job.

Vile: What's the red Gyan holding in it's right (I think it's the right one) hand? The joint problems was just a general statement.  My MG Strike Freedom has a floppy arm problem and one of the wings just wouldn't stay connected but it's fine since I don't display my collection.

The Bear: Been over a decade since I built anything but thanks for the tip.  From time to time I see a random gunpla video which makes me check some stuff out.  High five on the MMX collection, would've gone through it all if my Wii's disc reader still worked.  I think I was stuck on X2 with either the Gator or the Ostrich.

Stryyder: Are you also getting Slash? Not sure if it's part of Volcanicus.  I don't really like Hasbro Transformers but at least the current line has more details than the last from the videos I've seen.  Also, the current gimmick is weird.  Haven't collected toys for a long time but from a video, I'm interested in the recent Diaclone Big Powered GV.  It's expensive so I doubt I will get it.  How is DC Deckbuilding game? Heard it's theme is odd due to fighting against each other and how villains can join a team but setup is faster compared to Marvel Legendary.

sh0ryu_repp4: Last Soul Calibur game I played was the one for the Gamecube.  How is the series currently? My friend is going to get Bayo 3 so thanks for the heads up.  Does the SF 30th also include Pocket Fighter (doubt it) ? Since Arc System Works is behind it, I'm not too worried about FighterZ but I hope those concerns are addressed or have been already.  Personally I feel ASW games have a very samey feel after Guilty Gear but it's probably just me.

Majin Goo: I liked MM7 too, remembers fighting Bass and Treble with Rush armor.  Now, did anyone play the Battle Network line? I enjoyed 1, 2, and 3 Blue.  4 was meh to me, got 5 DS but didn't finish, and 6 was better than 4 (it was also the last one so that probably helped at that time).

Artificial Human: Had the SNES Super SF 2, remembers practicing until I could perform all the moves of all the characters since it was the first fighting game I got into as a kid.

5 hours ago, Nothing At All said:

Vile: What's the red Gyan holding in it's right (I think it's the right one) hand? The joint problems was just a general statement.  My MG Strike Freedom has a floppy arm problem and one of the wings just wouldn't stay connected but it's fine since I don't display my collection.

I put the head of a gundam on it. (Full armor gundam) as the story is that Johnny fought and defeated it. I was going to make a backdrop and have the body's debris floating but ran out of time. 

Sidenote: you should finish X2. Is my favorite of the X games. 

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 2:07 AM, Nothing At All said:

Stryyder: Are you also getting Slash? Not sure if it's part of Volcanicus.  I don't really like Hasbro Transformers but at least the current line has more details than the last from the videos I've seen.  Also, the current gimmick is weird.  Haven't collected toys for a long time but from a video, I'm interested in the recent Diaclone Big Powered GV.  It's expensive so I doubt I will get it.  How is DC Deckbuilding game? Heard it's theme is odd due to fighting against each other and how villains can join a team but setup is faster compared to Marvel Legendary.

On TFs - I picked up Slash on a whim because she was in the Walmart bargain bin (I don't think she was SUPPOSED to be).  I like the concept as the first* female dinobot, but the execution was a little wonky.  Her dino mode isn't the best, but for a legends size fig it's not bad.  And she doesn't do anything with Volcanicus.  As for the "power of the primes" gimmick, I agree, it's not that interesting.  The headmasters weren't bad, or the combiners.  I've heard Grimlock doesn't make the best torso though.

DC deckbuilding is definitely a cookie-cutter game engine, backed up by the fact they have tacked it on to multiple IPs from LotR to Street Fighter to Rick & Morty.  But the basic engine is quick to learn and fun to play.  It definitely has a leg up on Legendary in that it is MUCH easier to set up and tear down and much quicker to play.  But Legendary definitely works better thematically.  I eventually traded away my sets of Legendary, it was often too hard to get on the table and the Alien version seemed to be a more fun version, as a co-op game.

* (spoiler warning for the comics) technically the first female dinobot was Strafe, a female Camien from the comics who is corrupted on Cybertron and morphs into a "dinobot".  It's up for debate though, as her form is more "mutant 2 headed dragon" than earth dinosaur, though.

Vile: That's hilarious.  Might get a Gamecube or a recent version of the Collection (X or Classic) if there is one or going to be one.

Stryyder: Maybe it wasn't selling or was employee error.  Getting other PotP stuff? Saw a video of Rodimus Prime, it looked alright from the front but weird from other angles.  How about Starscream? Hasbro makes some strange design choices these days (in my eyes).  Also, someone attached Slash to Volcanicus and it was...um...let's not speak of it. Any expansions that you will recommend for DC Comics Deckbuilding Game? Might get it and an expansion for a friend (birthday gift).

Saw a Nendoroid of X with Full Armor so I might get that one day.

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 10:27 PM, Nothing At All said:

Stryyder: Maybe it wasn't selling or was employee error.  Getting other PotP stuff? Saw a video of Rodimus Prime, it looked alright from the front but weird from other angles.  How about Starscream? Hasbro makes some strange design choices these days (in my eyes).  Also, someone attached Slash to Volcanicus and it was...um...let's not speak of it. Any expansions that you will recommend for DC Comics Deckbuilding Game? Might get it and an expansion for a friend (birthday gift).

I'm not sold on the big figs for PotP.  I already have several Rodders, including the 3rd part Calidus.  I may get the wave 2 shattered glass version though and Primal will be an impulse buy if I feel like it.  On the smaller ones I'll definitely be getting the other 3 dinos and I'm interested in seeing the sculpts for the new female bots, Moonracer, Elita-1 and Novastar, though I'll likely only get Elita-1 and that's only if it's an interesting mold and not just a retool of Chromia or Arcee.  I'll also take a look at Tailgate and see if I like it better than the Thrilling 30 version for my Lost Light crew.

For DC, if your friend is new to the game I would suggest set 2, "Heroes Unite" (red box) and for expansions the Crisis pack 2 is fun for co-op games, or just grab a Crossover pack or two.  My personal favorites are Birds of Prey and watchmen, the latter of which is a bit advanced but adds one of the most unique play variants.

On 1/3/2018 at 0:50 AM, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

Everyone here should play the best game of 2017:

Doki Doki Literature Club.

No, I am not fucking kidding.

EHHHHH.

I liked it enough, but the twist with Monika was too telegraphed, same with Yuri. :/ Sayori's was the only one that felt legit shocking.

I only played DDLC and Sonic Mania from 2017 though, but I adored Sonic Mania. Big Sonic fan since the early 90s.

sh0ryu_repp4: Not into virtual novels but thanks for the info.  If someone I know who likes the genre and haven't already played, I might suggest it to him or her.  Only one I played was one of the Phoenix Wright games (the one with Godot, him and his coffee).  Thought it was amusing and hilarious with the animations and dialogue but there wasn't enough of a game for me to get into the genre (maybe if it had multiple paths, endings, viewpoints).

Stryyder: Thanks for the suggestions, Birds of Prey is the reason why I might get it for him in the first place.  Probably will get the base set with Birds of Prey.  Do the female Transformers combine in this line? In your experience, how pricey are third party figures? Heard some can reach 300 or 600 dollars, I think it was the combining ones that can get that high (at the time, maybe Feral Rex).

13 hours ago, Nothing At All said:

Stryyder: Thanks for the suggestions, Birds of Prey is the reason why I might get it for him in the first place.  Probably will get the base set with Birds of Prey.  Do the female Transformers combine in this line? In your experience, how pricey are third party figures? Heard some can reach 300 or 600 dollars, I think it was the combining ones that can get that high (at the time, maybe Feral Rex).

Calidus was actually the first 3rd party fig I bought, since he is a better mold of IDW Rodimus.  But yeah, they are pricey.  He was $80 and about the same size as a deluxe.  The construction is good for collectors but definitely not strong enough for constant play.

The only confirmed combiner pieces in PotP are the Dinobots and the Terrorcons to my knowledge.

Oops, meant visual novels, oh well...

Stryyder: Thanks for the info.  I think I'll just stick to collecting other things (mostly Monster Hunter Figure Builder stuff at the moment).  Really, I assume Hasbro will make 2 to 4 more combiners for this line but alright...guess we'll see what happens.  Saw a recent video of Hasbro's working power bank Optimus, I guess Hasbro I guess...

Tested out my YGO OCG cube draft with four players.  Friends enjoyed it while I was more concerned with balance.  I have to figure out the right amount of LP, deck size, and of course what cards should be in the cube.  Will adjust rules and whatnot when we try it again.  Went with 30 card deck and 5000 LP and one duel, whole thing lasted about 2 hours while drafting was 30 min, drafted 4 "packs" of 10, it was fun, also funny seeing random ass decks again (like the old days).  Best moments were two duels had a player getting Lily-ied twice, calling out level 8 and Blue Eyes got discarded from Reasoning,  and getting Yata-ed while cards were still on the field and in the player's hand (it's going to be taken out of the cube).  Didn't play it like a tournament exactly, just a duel against each different player, not going for a winner but just having fun.  Missing some cards and trying to get them now isn't worth their price (not paying about 6 bucks for a Japanese Millennium Shield, 1 for the card itself and 5 for shipping).

Oh, ok.  How is it as a power bank?  Charges fast, etc.  Those Lego hands.  Using the power to light up its eyes and sword is cool.  Is the robot form stable and does it seem it will hold up after a few years of use (transforming and or using it as a power bank)?

It's definitely solid, has good weight to it.  I only used it as a bank once, when the fires came through SoCal and our power went out.  Worked pretty well.  All in all, good quality product.

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:47 PM, Nothing At All said:

Stryyder: Do the female Transformers combine in this line?

I'll amend my prior answer on this.  Looks like Elita-1 is a retool of PotP wave 1 Starscream and WILL be a combiner torso.  As well, all the Deluxe bots will be able to be limbs, so it is possible to have 3/5 of a female combiner using her, Novastar and Moonracer. (technically you could also combine with any of the Torchbearers/Rust Renegades to create a full female combiner, but honestly there's going to be a good amount of color clash there).

Now that I've realized that Novastar is Firestar, I'm very interested to see the mold, considering her current look in IDW/G1 has a flame on top of her head.  Would have been great if they had made a combiner limb Chromia and Nautica too, to round out the current female hierarchy.

On 1/16/2018 at 6:46 PM, Vile said:

So Gundam Breaker 4 was announced. Guess i might as well invest in a PS4 for Doom and gundam. 

I saw and I am fucking HYPE

You should get a PS4 tho, there are LOTS of good reasons to own one.

1 hour ago, Vile said:

Bought it last night. Have a 600 dolla bonus on Fridays check so, f'k it. 

I already had Doom and now I also have Gundam Versus.

YAAAASSSS

I can tell you what the good shit is bruh. Doom is a fan-fucking-tastic place to start though.

I've played through doom, I used my roommates PS4 in 2016. I honestly prefer classic doom though. 

Gundam Versus is okay so far. I downloaded the beta's for Fighter Z and Dissidia NT so I'll try them this weekend.