Nothing At All

What's everyone looking forward to in gaming?

Until the end of this year and the next?

Video games: DQ11, 3DS version on 2D mode (in the game itself), haven't played a new modern game with 2D graphics in awhile.

Card games: Still slowly collecting cards for PanZ and trying to make decent decks for Blue, Saiyan, and Orange.  Will get certain staples for Black, Red, Namekian and some random free style cards.

Finishing research for Yugioh OCG cube draft.  Have a good chunk of the cards.  It will be for 4 players.  Afterwards, maybe a cube draft for other games (in English this time around) such as PanZ and Maplestory iTCG.

Board Games: Started collecting Arcadia Quest hero cards and figures.  Gonna get expansions for the games I already have.  Waiting for a KS game to be delivered next year.  New ones might be The Quest for El Dorado, Onitama, Biblios, and or King of New York.

Thanks for reading and or replying.

Hyped for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on Friday.  Monster Hunter World for PC and Metroid Prime 4 are happening at some point but it could be a while. :(

Apart from my very limited Fan Z options I have nothing going on in the card game department at the moment and nothing in the board game arena.  Those require people to play with. : /

Dragon Ball FighterZ

The next big DLC for Stellaris that is going to change how territory works.

Also some new grand strategy game that involves war, politics, and government management. There's no games that do this good.

Crackdown 3?

I'm also excited for the next generation of GPUs as I have a gtx960 2gb and am wanting to go ultrawide 1440p when I can get an affordable GPU to match.

I got Shadow of War and the new South Park game for my birthday last month, so I'm excited to play through those before moving on.  After that, I'm of course looking forward to the next set of DBS and have a RG Gundam Wing model I have to build.  I also just recently downloaded Chrono Trigger for my PS Vita and have yet to actually dig into Xenogears on the same platform.  All that should have me busy until at least April next year.

10 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I got Shadow of War and the new South Park game for my birthday last month, so I'm excited to play through those before moving on.  After that, I'm of course looking forward to the next set of DBS and have a RG Gundam Wing model I have to build.  I also just recently downloaded Chrono Trigger for my PS Vita and have yet to actually dig into Xenogears on the same platform.  All that should have me busy until at least April next year.

I really want to play South Park as well

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Which Wing? I haven't built a RG yet but the Ridden Zaku coming out is alrrady pre ordered, but I'm curious howthe RG line is. I know they make Wing Custom and Wing Ver Ka in RealGrade, so I'm curious XD 

As to what I'm looking forward to? Not much. No games are on the horizen for me. I've been playing every two weeks a tabletop wsr game using 144 scalegundam models, so I suppose I'm looking forward to the Zaku coming out I mentioned before and the Gyan Krieger coming out in February. 

I wish I could say Super but, my only venue never seems to have enough plauers for events, and the last one I went to the players played so fastthey never announced anything and didn't give me a second to counter  (say crusher ball) so I was off put by that. Only area in a 2 hour radius if me too. They also never have promos. So unless Set 3 has GT with Super A17, I don't see myself buying into it. 

2 hours ago, Vile said:

Which Wing? I haven't built a RG yet but the Ridden Zaku coming out is alrrady pre ordered, but I'm curious howthe RG line is. I know they make Wing Custom and Wing Ver Ka in RealGrade, so I'm curious XD

Its the RG Wing Gundam Zero EW (the one with angel-like wings).  I bought it earlier this year (at ThinkGeek where it was on sale for like $25) but still had to finish my PG Char's Zaku II; it took a while mostly because I did alot of inner-frame detailing, but also saved some time using the enamel/paint thinner method when doing the exterior panel lines.  Total time spent on that kit was about 30 hours.

I have opened up the RG kit and was very impressed with the amount of parts for a 1/144 model kit; people have said the RG are the size of a HG with the details of a PG and I didn't believe it until I opened up the box.  It also has ALOT of stickers.  Not doing any inner frame detailing on this one but unsure how long it will take to finish anyway; after stickers and panel lines I'll probably give it a satin coat (not sure flat would look good for a Gundam and gloss might be too much shiny).  There's alot of panel line potential on those wings....  I probably wont start construction on it until after the new year though.

Also, there's a new Zaku model coming out?

4 hours ago, The Bear said:

I'd like to play Xenogears but I do not have a platform to do so (not buying other systems).  That's the OG xeno-game and as a Xenoblade Chronicles supafan, I want to play the originals!

Just now, Thearbiter20x6 said:

I'd like to play Xenogears but I do not have a platform to do so (not buying other systems).  That's the OG xeno-game and as a Xenoblade Chronicles supafan, I want to play the originals!

I have Xenoblade Chronicles on 3DS and was really enjoying that game but for some reason I stopped playing it.  I'll definitely come back to it, as I want to know how the story ends!  I played maybe 5 minutes of Xenogears after downloading it, again mostly because something else caught my attention but its on the list!

Just now, The Bear said:

I have Xenoblade Chronicles on 3DS and was really enjoying that game but for some reason I stopped playing it.  I'll definitely come back to it, as I want to know how the story ends!  I played maybe 5 minutes of Xenogears after downloading it, again mostly because something else caught my attention but its on the list!

The story is NUTS.  You won't be disappointed.

4 hours ago, Vile said:

I wish I could say Super but, my only venue never seems to have enough plauers for events, and the last one I went to the players played so fastthey never announced anything and didn't give me a second to counter  (say crusher ball) so I was off put by that. Only area in a 2 hour radius if me too. They also never have promos. So unless Set 3 has GT with Super A17, I don't see myself buying into it. 

My year has been pretty shit financially and I hate all my locals now, so I don't have an opportunity to play Super either.

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Its the RG Wing Gundam Zero EW (the one with angel-like wings).  I bought it earlier this year (at ThinkGeek where it was on sale for like $25) but still had to finish my PG Char's Zaku II; it took a while mostly because I did alot of inner-frame detailing, but also saved some time using the enamel/paint thinner method when doing the exterior panel lines.  Total time spent on that kit was about 30 hours.

I have opened up the RG kit and was very impressed with the amount of parts for a 1/144 model kit; people have said the RG are the size of a HG with the details of a PG and I didn't believe it until I opened up the box.  It also has ALOT of stickers.  Not doing any inner frame detailing on this one but unsure how long it will take to finish anyway; after stickers and panel lines I'll probably give it a satin coat (not sure flat would look good for a Gundam and gloss might be too much shiny).  There's alot of panel line potential on those wings....  I probably wont start construction on it until after the new year though.

Also, there's a new Zaku model coming out?

I've never built a PG either, I do mostly MG anf HG. I was under impression that a RG was like a 144 scale MG, though I suppose older PG are close to newer MG. 

As for a finish, you might try Pledge FutureFloor Finish. I use it as a protective coat over all my kits. Like this onethat I won a contest in september.

https://imgur.com/KaGRfzR

But the new Zaku coming out is a RG MS-06-R2 Zaku High Mobility Type Johnny Ridden custom. If you can tell from my model above, Ridden is my favorite pilote :P

Trading Card Games / Collectible Card Games: Doing my best to support my local game store community in the hopes that Magic: The Gathering doesn't die from Wizards of the Coast / Hasbro's incompetence along with all the other Trading Card Games / Collectible Card Games I still currently play aside from Magic including Cardfight!! Vanguard, Dragon Ball Super, PanZ/FanZ, and Final Fantasy TCG.

Video Games: Still waiting to see If Nintendo / Game Freak will announce Pokémon Bank for Nintendo Switch once Gen 8 gets released after Ultra Sun and Moon on the 3DS though I'll probably end up getting it anyway just for the Move Tutors like I did with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Other than that I haven't really been gaming all that much except for watching Let's Plays on YouTube to pass the time here and there.

Board Games: Recently tried Boss Monster while coming to the conclusion that it's too luck based. Had fun playing Lords of Waterdeep and Monty Python Fluxx though.

Lords of Waterdeep is an amazing game. I also recommend the Doom 2016 Boardgame. It is loads of fun and feels like Doom. 

Card Games: I'm liking L5R reboot so far, though I am worried that 3 clans are getting better cards over the other 4 clans.  I still can't decide if I want to travel to play in a Star Wars Destiny regional on the 9th but I am looking forward to it for some strange reason.

Vidja Gaymes: Monster Hunter World for Xbox1 looks good, though I haven't been keeping up on oher big releases.

Most of the video games are getting released within a few months so that's cool.  Hope Dragon Quest 11 will get an official date for the localized version soon.

I wonder if UIs will be implemented in Fighter Z or DBS card game even though only a few characters can use it.

My Wii couldn't read discs anymore so I couldn't finish Xenoblade, maybe I will replace it or get the New 3DS version.  Was probably a third of the way through it.  Liked the exploration the most.

Did some quick research on Real Grade Gundams as a reminder for myself and read that some figures might be flimsy and also easily broken if one's not careful.  One of the Mk 2 model(s) is good, so I've read, while the Original Gundam, that I'm interested in, is problematic.  I prefer master grades while perfects are a bit much to build to my liking.  If I ever go back to collecting and building them, probably one of each of the other grades while most will be MGs.  Might get Deathscythe Hell, Wing Zero, Quanta (reminds me of Virtual On), and or something from Build Fighters Try.

Speaking of figures, got two Monster Hunter figure builder ones.  The sculpts look pretty good but one had a broken piece in its wing and the some of the paint on its back was bad even though it was still in its sealed baggy.  Despite that, might try once more, probably a Deviljho or the Savage version (makes me think of Akuma).

AlexM: How long does a 4X video game usually last? Only heard about that type of game from the board game community and it sounds likes it goes on for far too long for my taste but I am interested in the mechanics.

Vile: Is that a war game with only Gundam figures or one with its story, mechanics, etc?

Artificial Human: That sucks.  Um, why do you hate your locals if you don't mind me asking?

That post is too big for me to quote out what I need from it via phone. 

Here's the game.  It's mostly judt mechanics and how to build accurate mechs. Being as it's focused in MSG-ZZ I've been working on updating some things to make it function with other universes for our local play. 

There is a campaign setting, but no rral storywritten out. 

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

Vile, that kit looks amazing! Congrats on the win, it looks well-earned!

Thanks man. Gyan's are my favorites.  I'm doing a quick copper colored MG Gyam right now, then I'm going tonstsrt with some resin. I have a conversion kit for the Gundam Mudrock (uses an Impulse MG frame) and that's likely next om the list. This spring the anime store will have another contest, this one being a 30 day build. I have a MG Gyan High Mobility type conversion kit I'm saving for that. I'm pretty stoked to see how well these conversion kits are, and if resin is harder to work with. 

12 hours ago, Nothing At All said:

Artificial Human: That sucks.  Um, why do you hate your locals if you don't mind me asking?

I have 2 locals that play Super. For both, it's mostly the people. No one's lax, fun loving or chill, it's all arrogance and dick swinging. It's not the type of environment I like to play a game in.

My friend had an exchange where he was belittled for selling his Link Joker(Vanguard) collection for a PS4 and having actual bills. Yes. Belittled for having bills to pay and selling something he didn't use for something he wanted. That was the moment I stopped bothering.

19 minutes ago, Artificial Human said:

I have 2 locals that play Super. For both, it's mostly the people. No one's lax, fun loving or chill, it's all arrogance and dick swinging. It's not the type of environment I like to play a game in.

My friend had an exchange where he was belittled for selling his Link Joker(Vanguard) collection for a PS4 and having actual bills. Yes. Belittled for having bills to pay and selling something he didn't use for something he wanted. That was the moment I stopped bothering.

Sounds like my local comic shop owner. He did the same to me when I dropped heroclix after they changed design philosophy and redid the core rules.

1 hour ago, Artificial Human said:

Sounds like why I left the Destiny community down by me.

Vile: Are there campaign objectives such as first to build a mobile suit, defeat rival suit, defeat opposing organization, etc.? How do you choose factions? I'm very curious on how someone would make a real life Gundam war game and things like balance issues and gameplay.  Does it have attacks like Wing Zero's spin to win (even though you said it's based on ZZ)? Makes me think back of when I would occasionally pass by Games Workshop and seeing all the Warhammer 40K stuff.  Thought that was too much to get into but if it was themed differently, I might give it a chance.

Artificial Human: I see, that's understandable.  Similar to one of my reasons why I will not play in an official tournament scene for any game.  While it's different, used to go with a friend to a Pokémon TCG preview event, most of the playerbase I saw and played against were nice but there's an occasional jerk or someone who wanted to win very badly.  One time, someone had prior knowledge about an errata (based on the Japanese release) and was talking to his friends about drafting the card/multiple copies of it, but he didn't seem like he would actually ask a judge or wanted it to be public knowledge (discussed it within ear shot and he was loud enough to be heard).  Haven't been going for years, mostly due to loss of interest and my friend focusing on other games.

The general toxicity of the MTG scene is what made me stop going to FNM drafts and constructed tournaments.  One of the things I actually miss about the Panini-Z game is that the majority of the players were nice and would play characters they like and actually try new things.  Of course, you did have the players that would stick with the top meta decks because they would rather play the same shit over and over to win locals rather than try anything new, but they were not the majority.  With DBS being more popular than PanZ I do notice that many players from other games are latching onto DBS, playing the top known meta decks, and bringing the general toxicity of their communities with them, although it is not nearly as bad as the MTG scene a few years ago.  Generally, I like my local DBS community with the exception of a handful of people.