Sign in to follow this  
Denithan

What would sell you on Xenoverse 3?

So, I know that there's another DLC pack yet to come for Xenoverse 2 which is hinting towards UI Goku and Jiren. And I know we just got a DLC pack that most people seem to be pretty pleased with thanks to Data Input and Tapion. But I've been watching a few different XenoTubers talk about things they'd LIKE in Xenoverse 3 and what would make the game better for them. I've heard things from refining game modes, fixing the net code, the introduction of Time Breakers VS Time Patrollers (from Heroes) and quite a few other things.

Figured I'd throw the same basic concept up on here, see if anyone has any hugely interesting ideas laying around in their heads. Curious what everyone's thoughts are.

On a personal level, the one thing that could really sell me on it is more focus on fighting styles. While I know we already have racial fighting styles and combos, I'd like it to expand a bit more on race-specific things to really differentiate the playstyles and REALLY drive home how different the races are. The sheer number of people I've seen all spamming Pressure Sign/Sudden Death Beam and Reverse Makublah (I cannot be bothered looking up how to spell it) regardless of race kind of shows that, at current, it's pretty samey outside of transformations and melee comboes.
Stepping forward from that, I'd also like us to be able to change fighting style within the races. Maybe not make any of these unique to each race, but for example, being able to make your CAC be a sword fighter, and then making things like Burning/Shining Slash and Brave Sword Attack/etc all be restricted to sword-fighting characters.

Anyone else have any things they would LOVE to see in Xenoverse 3?

Actual new plot.

The second one had a great idea using the villains from the films. I swear the trailer for 2 had a scene where Turles and Slug did to Goku what Goku and Piccolo did to Raditz and that wasn't in the game. Unfortunately, the game became more of the same once Turles and Slug were done with and the very game itself seemed annoyed, having much faster pacing to the end than the first game.

It was disappointing.

@Artificial Human I wasn't originally going to reply to your point, but it just hit me that they make it worse by waving more interesting plotlines in your face xD This was more so in Xenoverse 1, but if you talk to the other time patrollers as you progress through the story, you get to hear about their adventures. Including one where Demon King Piccolo absorbed Kami, killed Goku, and Gero made the androids to deal with him while Frieza's Armada was invading.

AND WHILE HE GETS TO GO ON THAT EPIC CLUSTERF*CK OF A STORY, we get "Raditz has been made stronger suddenly! Quickly! Stop him!"

Being able to use the same attack animations as other people in the game. If I want to use the Vegito attack animations on my CaC I should be able to.

New story. Xenoverse 2 was literally Xenoverse 1 storywise. Maybe take a break from timebreakers? How about a what if story based in a universe where everything is different? Like what if the Saiyans never went extinct? What if Baby or Dr. Gero with Android 17 from GT acquired a time machine and traveled into the Super time line? Or what if Buu absorbed Janemba, which would have made it to where Vegito gets Killed by Buu. What if Goku fused with Vegeta to fight Beerus instead of turning Super Saiyan God? That would allow for an interesting story. I am tired of nearly the same story every time.

I'd like better combat. give me Raging Blast combat with beam collisions!!!!!!!! I don't care if the game must be 1v1 to allow this. This would be a major selling point.

Custom auras and custom ki blast colors. I have no clue why this isn't a thing already.

Heck, if they improved the combat and had a story similar to the one I listed, I wouldn't care if they even gave CaC. The CaC was never the selling point, the fact that it is Dragon Ball was, but that reason has worn too thin for Xenoverse 3 unless they dramatically improve the story and combat.

Oh yeah, and how about multiple accessory slots? Why can't I wear a Halo while using something else?? Why??