Sooo, I'm not going to lie, this deck kind of came up by accident while I was looking into Saiyan Oppressive Cell.
And I'm also going to throw out there that this deck is not at all optimal, and really kind of half-arsed. I recently moved continent, so most of my cards are missing. As a result, I just went ahead and started building on OCTGN, and since I have no one to test against, I mostly threw it together to show off the concept.

Saiyan Dynamic Cell

While my original idea for Oppressive was to just go for Ally Cell and to use the mechanic to level and mill the opponent between skips, I noticed that Cell's original stack held some potential as well. Notably, his level 2 has a free tutor at the start of every combat, which seems INSANELY helpful in Oppressive.
And it also got me thinking; "Man, that is one personality power I'd love to open a game with."
And voila, the idea for Dynamic Cell was born. I'm sure someone has tried this before, but here's my scratch at an old Mastery/Personality.

Main Personalities:

Cell - Prepared

Cell - Semi-Perfect

Cell - Perfect

Cell - Unstoppable

Allies:

Cell Jr. - Trapped
King Vegeta - Ruler
Nappa - Space Traveler
Turles - Shadowy
Vegeta - Content

Honestly, I'm thinking this might be too many allies for the deck idea I'm going for. Especially since I'm moving away from the Cell Jr. engine. But honestly, I like the ability to tutor Saiyan Overhead Kick to my hand with Semi-Perfect, and then tutoring out one of my allies depending on the match-up.

Setup:
Saiyan Enraged x 2

Events:
Cell's Style x 2
Saiyan Outrage x 3
Time is a Warrior's Tool
Villainous Empowerment

Drills:
Saiyan Overpowering Aura Drill x 2
Saiyan Transformation Drill x 1
Saiyan Protection Drill x 1

Physical Combats:
Cell's Draining Attack x 2
Saiyan Body Blow x 2
Saiyan Dive x 2
Saiyan Elbow Drop x 2
Saiyan Foot Stomp x 3
Saiyan Legendary  Strike x 2
Saiyan Overhead Kick x 2
Saiyan Spin Kick x 2
Saiyan Turning Kick x 3

Saiyan Reverse Catch x 3
Saiyan Parry x 3

I went for a lot of x 2. In part because of the ability to tutor what I need, but also because it was a bit weird. I've also worked in a Saiyan Tracking Blast to work with Saiyan Body Blow, annulling the primary weakness of Dynamic by giving myself protection against level dropping.

Energy Combats:
Saiyan Aerial Attack x 2
Saiyan Destructive Blast x 2
Saiyan Tracking Blast x 2

Saiyan Energy Release x 3
Saiyan Crouch x 3

I just really love attach cards in Saiyan, guys xD

But this is how the deck looks right now. I can say without any testing, or experimenting, that this is a very different deck to what I'd normally work with. I mostly tend to trend towards having a lot more attacks than this, and I'm not huge on Saiyan Drills. I'm also trying out things like Villainous Empowerment, which I've never used before, as a way to tutor a drill to my field and slow down my opponent's drills.

One thing I've realized in just building it is that the deck has a lot of innate control, and I think with some careful testing and trial and error, you could probably come up with a pretty competent deck that can respond to any number of control decks. Some very obvious changes if you wanted to take this into a competitive environment though would be to drop Saiyan Enraged (which I've included mostly because I like the card) and Villainous Empowerment in favor of Unleashed.
You could also probably mess around with the drill line-up to make it a bit more diverse and relevant. For the most part, I'm really inexperienced with Saiyan drills and what is and is not relevant. One thing I really love about this deck though is Cell's ability to jump to 4 as soon as you get off 2 meaning that you're honestly mostly just working with his level 2 and 4. Especially given the ability to counter delevelling effects.

So we should start a revolution on Retro about reversing the Cell level 4 nerf, right?

I was honestly considering building a dynamic Cell deck myself. I don't know how I feel about some of the particular card choices (Like Saiyan Destruction Blast). I'll probably put together a version of it if I get time before my games Thursday and let you know how it goes.

6 minutes ago, Amanax said:

So we should start a revolution on Retro about reversing the Cell level 4 nerf, right?

I was honestly considering building a dynamic Cell deck myself. I don't know how I feel about some of the particular card choices (Like Saiyan Destruction Blast). I'll probably put together a version of it if I get time before my games Thursday and let you know how it goes.

Removing the level 4 nerf would be insane <> Do it.

I will say in regards to my card choices that I made the deck at 2 am after getting fed up trying to find my real life cards xD But a lot of the cards I put in there as just techs to be searched for by Cell to counter specific match-ups. I didn't really take into account the current meta, or cost/value though. Since going back, I've changed it around a bit and put in "I'll Dig Your Grave" as well as a couple of other combat disrupting cards. Still not had a chance to test it though.
If you do build your own, DEFINITELY let me know how it goes. I'm kind of loving it from the test hands I've done since you can very quickly auto-jump to 3, and from 3 to 4 (and back again if you feel like it). It's kind of amazing, and his level 4 has a better tutor xD

Alright, I built my variant. I did make some changes, for better or worse but I would like your feedback.

Allies aren't too big in my area, mostly just one off allies here and there. So I removed the anti-ally tech. I also removed the ally engine completely in favor of doubling down on attached cards/drill. I added a few more saiyan control cards that I felt would be useful overall to control the overall pace of the game. If you get a chance, let me know what you think - my games are tonight so I can always adjust between now and then if needed.

Same mastery and levels except since I have 0 allies I switched level 1 for the old level 1

Events

1x TiaWT

3x Saiyan Outrage

2x Villainous Empowerment

3x Unleashed

1x Saiyan Rescue

1x Saiyan Strength Test

Physical attacks

2x Cell's Draining Attack

2x Saiyan Body Blow

2x Saiyan Elbow Drop

3x Saiyan Grab

2x Saiyan Legendary Strike

3x Saiyan Severing Punch

3x Saiyan Turning Kick

2x Saiyan Backbreaker

Physical Blocks

3x Saiyan Parry

3x Saiyan Reverse Catch

Energy Attacks

2x Saiyan Aerial Attack

2x Saiyan Tracking Blast

2x Saiyan Domination

2x Saiyan Ki Burst

3x Saiyan Burst

2x Saiyan Tantrum

Energy Blocks

3x Saiyan Energy Release

2x Saiyan Crouch

1x Saiyan Hand Swipe

Drills

1x Saiyan Transformation Drill

1x Saiyan Protection Drill

2x Saiyan Overpowering Aura Drill

1x Saiyan Showdown Drill

@Amanax It is definitely a much cleaner build than what I put together originally. One area where you and I have diverged though is that I actually decided to grab 3 Saiyan Gut Kick in place of my allies, as well as I'll Dig Your Grave instead of Unleasheds (I also dropped Saiyan Destructive Blast and other techs to 1 to give it more viability and options in a wider range of match-ups).
In regards to the former, I mostly did it to work with Elbow Drop and Cell's Draining Attack since I didn't want my opponent interfering with my first level-up (and it's a pretty good card to tutor after you hit 4), but it's really not hugely necessary. Same goes for Dig. I mostly made the change to give myself a more viable card in the late game than Unleashed, but with so many attached, this isn't too big a difference.

The only huge threat to you that I can see is if you get Dragon Ball'd down to 1. A part of me wonders if A17 is a big threat to this deck, as well as Future Gohan, but since Cell goes off when entering combat, F. Gohan can't quite negate and A17 only kills draws, not tutors. You might have an issue once you hit Level 3 with some decks, but if you're fast about getting off 2, 4 is pretty much guaranteed. All around, you're pretty well equipped for any big decks that come to mind but I also feel like you don't have a particularly strong match-up given the toolboxey nature of the deck. Here's hoping no glaring weakness >  overwhelmingly strong in a single category.

Yeah, it definitely has a Swiss army knife feel to it. I did forget that you had switched some things around from your first build. Digs certainly would be nice, if gut kick had endurance it would for sure have made it in. I did one test game with it so far and first combat felt super smooth. In the end it turned into a giant grind match that could easily have gone either way. 

Tonight the real test begins though

See how you go tonight, and if things prove a bit too difficult with the current built, it might be worth reconsidering how we do damage with the deck. Right now, I find the majority of my damage comes from straight life card damage. And while I respect that Saiyan isn't the greatest for straight life damage, I do wonder how it would go complimenting the techs instead of the stage damage cards we've both got in our builds.

Keep me posted. Kind of excited to know how it goes, and work on edits with someone xD

Oh! @Amanax! An idea if you've got the cards for it, but this might be something to test out in future builds if what you currently has doesn't work. If nothing else, I'm going to be trying it out myself, but try playing around with the level jumping ability of Cell.

I mean, using things like Vicious Strike and Saiyan Overpowering Blast to drop from Level 4 back to 3 and gain access to his Level 3 attack again. Keep in things like Unleashed/Dig and Cell's Draining Attack to help you jump from 2 to 3, and then keep abusing your 3 and 4 to move back and forth between them with a constant onslaught of life card damage and lowering your opponent's MP a level. Keep Tracking Blast attached as long as possible to stop your opponent being able to lower you back to 2/1, and just abuse the personality powers to net extra advantage going in (with his level 4 entering combat), and then his level 3 to hit for straight life card damage/banish EVERYTHING.

EDIT:
OKAY, so, in line with the above idea, I actually decided to go back, change the deck around on OCTGN, and verse a heap of my old friends to see how it went. And honestly, after the change, it is absurdly more aggressive but also a lot less versatile. It loses the toolbox, so if you find the other build is working for you, probably don't bother with the change.

But, seeing as I've already built the thread, and not wanting to make too many, I'm just going to include my new decklist here with some changes. I've also removed all the drills to make room for more level manipulation, BECAUSE IT'S FUN.

Main Personalities:
Cell - Imperfect (dropped allies AND drills, so he's taken over as the preferred level 1)
Same otherwise

Allies:
None.

Setups:
None.

Drills:
None.

Starting to feel a bit barren of field presence suddenly.

Events:
Cell's Style x 3
Saiyan Outrage x 3
Saiyan Power Up x 3
Time is a Warrior's Tool
Unleashed x 3

Physical Combat:
Cell's Draining Attack x 2
Saiyan Body Blow x 2
Saiyan Dive x 2
Saiyan Lifting Kick x 3
Vicious Strike x 3

Physical Blocks:
Saiyan Reverse Catch x 3
Saiyan Escape x 3
Saiyan Flip x 3

Energy Combat:
Saiyan Destructive Blast x 1
Saiyan Energy Outburst x 1 (seriously consider increasing the number of outbursts)
Saiyan Ki Burst x 2
Saiyan Ki Web x 3
Saiyan Overpowering Blast x 3
Saiyan Rapid Fire x 3
Saiyan Tantrum x 3
Saiyan Tracking Blast x 2

Energy Blocks:
Saiyan Hand Swipe x 3
Saiyan Energy Release x 3
Saiyan Crouch x 2

With this final edit, the deck has started to notably lean towards a Ki Beats deck and that is very much deliberate. Right from the offset, you're swinging in hard and hoping to hit Unleashed, Cell's Draining Attack or I'll Dig Your Grave to advance to 3. I've included all 3 because this is actually really vital in the first two combats, and if you can't swing it, it's not going to happen naturally. Your opening turn is still grabbing a Body Blow to attach a Tracking Blast to stop your opponent's Unleashed/Deleveling cards. In a case where you naturally draw into Tracking Blast, however, you can still grab Body Blow to instead attach Flip and guarantee 7 stages of damage if it hits. Otherwise, you can grab Energy Outburst if you're confronting an A17 deck, or other deck that can make you discard, or Ki Burst to shut off Non-Styleds for the turn you're aiming to level jump. I will note that even in a case where you naturally draw Unleashed for the first combat, HOLD IT until your opponent and you have skirmished a bit and use it with the Body Blow you add to your hand to attach both Tracking and something useful like Saiyan Rescue.
Also remember: thanks to Dynamic, you are guaranteed to be at a higher MP level in those first few turns so long as you don't run into another of your own ilk, in which case, hope they don't have Tracking?
But I relent.

Once your level 3, you're mostly just tanking/warring as much damage as you reasonably can without shutting off your own Energy Beats. Don't be scared to throw away your Energy Beats here, just trying to force as much damage to your opponent's discard as possible before the turn ends. Also don't be scared to throw away Physical Attacks even if you know they'll be stopped, since you want to open the way as much as possible for Cell's big level 3 unpreventable 7 cards of damage. If the hands go right, and you get lucky, this is BIG damage as early as turn 3 and at the end of combat, you'll have jumped to 4.

From there, focus on either adding Saiyan Overpowering Blast to your hand every combat, or other cards that you know are useful based on your opponent's hand tells. A bit of leeway exists here, at least early on, thanks to Cell's own delevelling power, Unleashed and Vicious Strike. If you see that in your organic hand, focus on adding something that really messes up the opponent or consider grabbing a Saiyan Power Up so that you can gain 6 stages and go to town on your opponent after they've exhausted your hand on other matters. Also, do your best to make sure you never forget Saiyan Rescue once it's attached. Quite a few cards in this deck don't have Endurance, and that's by design, since these cards can be useful if you rejuvenate them back to deck to grab them back on subsequent turns. An obvious warning exists here when balancing Vicious Strike and Rescue, so just make sure you pay attention to the order of how you play things. Also a big point here is that you should not be scared to use Unleashed's effect to delevel and attach some other useful card to yourself.

As  I said, this deck gives up a lot in the way of the toolbox I was originally aiming for with Dynamic Cell, but holy damn does it make up for it in providing just a constant, non-stop assault of Energy Beats and Personality Powers. The one big weakness of this deck, as a result of that, is Future Gohan. Suddenly there is a glaring weakness, and when confronted with him, consider just going for a level 4 camp and returning to the original toolboxing with what techs you've elected to include.

So to report, I got extremely lucky.

In all the games I played, opening combat all started with a cell's draining attack or unleashed.  The most notable game was against the new piccolo stack using the new mastery (namekian). I got to 4, and kept tutoring out Saiyan domination all game. I knew he was an unleashed build, it's namekian so hybrid defense is a thing, shutting down time, confrontation, and other shenanigans as well. Royally bent him over. He got off level 1 once... only for me to crit ball 2 away and drop him back to 1 in the following action. 

I think if we merge your new beats build with my more toolbox oriented deck we might actually have quite a beast on our hands. I didn't get to play against any future gohans, but I honestly think I am the only person in my play group that has a deck built up for him right now but I could see him being a problem now as well if it's a variant that gets to level 2/3 before I get to 4. 

I did forget to mention it earlier. While building this cell, another build came to mind. One focused on stage locking the opponent. It's kind of a mix of my former Raditz deck and a Cell Jr deck I built when oppressive was first announced. Same concept as now, you want to push off of 2 as fast as possible, though with this deck you want to get to 4 asap. Once at 4, you focus on rejuvination while stage locking. Run the drill that forces your opponents first attack to cost +1 stage, the new Saiyan Drill to make everyones PUR 1, Saiyan Emergence (Your preferred fetch card when entering combat at level 4) and the Saiyan card that reduces all opposing personalities 3 stages, gives an anger and then shuffles back into the deck. Plus running triple menace, triple Ki Blast, triple tantrum, rescue, the newer saiyan card that on hit rejuvinates a styled card etc and then Saiyan Overpowering Aura drill for consistent anger control while you are rejuvinating. If these other builds fail, I may have to look back into this one, unless someone is looking for obscure cell ideas and wants to give it a go.

4 hours ago, Amanax said:

I did forget to mention it earlier. While building this cell, another build came to mind. One focused on stage locking the opponent. It's kind of a mix of my former Raditz deck and a Cell Jr deck I built when oppressive was first announced. Same concept as now, you want to push off of 2 as fast as possible, though with this deck you want to get to 4 asap. Once at 4, you focus on rejuvination while stage locking. Run the drill that forces your opponents first attack to cost +1 stage, the new Saiyan Drill to make everyones PUR 1, Saiyan Emergence (Your preferred fetch card when entering combat at level 4) and the Saiyan card that reduces all opposing personalities 3 stages, gives an anger and then shuffles back into the deck. Plus running triple menace, triple Ki Blast, triple tantrum, rescue, the newer saiyan card that on hit rejuvinates a styled card etc and then Saiyan Overpowering Aura drill for consistent anger control while you are rejuvinating. If these other builds fail, I may have to look back into this one, unless someone is looking for obscure cell ideas and wants to give it a go.

My only worry with that variant is how much set-up needs to be put into place, and how many drills you need to drop only after hitting 4 for fear of losing the lock. That kind of build, while definitely viable, would probably do better in either a dedicated level 2 camp or with a Saiyan Personality designed to call out drills (like the classic Drillku if you can accelerate to 4 fast enough).

This said, there's definitely something noteworthy sitting here if we can find the more important techs and double down on them. For my part, I'm quite stubborn about having at least 1 Destructive Blast since Namekian Gohan was STILL a big deck back where I was for the ability to pull 3-4 allies to the board and shut down the opponent's attacks. A single Destructive Blast getting through says no to that, and rightfully damn so |:

Saiyan Domination is definitely an important card. Shutting down Events is huge, and while I went for Ki Burst for the endurance, the deck rejuvenates enough innately to probably tank without it. Ki Web and Energy Outburst can both probably be dropped by 1 (removing Outburst entirely, but i think I'm just over worried about A17 where this deck doesn't have huge issues with him anyway). This would give you 2 Domination, so the aim would be to constantly rejuvenate it. Alternatively, and what I'm personally going to do, you can just straight up drop Saiyan Lifting Kick from my build and replace it with Domination. Saiyan Power Up is another one from my build that you can easily sub out, so if you have any other big cards that should be considered for the tech spot, then between it and Lifting we'd have room for 2 Domination and 2 of whatever other tech we bring out.

I'm not going to lie though, just playing the level shifting Cell is... Empowering? Admittedly, the mechanic is taking up a lot of deck space (9 cards), but the constant ability to drop a 7 life card unpreventable and then banish all the cards your opponent would rejuvenate is a Oppressive move xD Especially when combined with the tech lock-off cards and the level lowering of Vicious Strike and Cell's Level 4. Most of my test games with the mechanic have not been kind to the opponent about dropping them back to level 1 even after Dig.

I actually do like the idea of keeping outburst. 17 is pretty common here. One of our players who wasn't there last night even favors an Adept 17 as his deck of choice. So having the tech is certainly something I would like to add .

So after putting together your build and comparing it to the one I used last night. Here is what I came up with (using your latest build as base)

-3 Cells Style (I like it, but I want something more consistent)

-2 Hand Swipe (I feel the blocks are a little heavy at the moment, cutting back a bit to make room for more aggressive plays)

-3 Rapid Fire (It's a decent hitter, but that's all it does. I am dropping it in favor of some more utility)

-2 Saiyan Flip (Again, blocks feel a little heavy, so dropped them. I considered dropping all 3, I am not sure how I feel about giving my opponent free attack table buffs)

-3 Lifting Kick (Again, putting in more utility with the same endurance. We are losing out on the AT life cards but I think the utility should more than make up for it)

~~~

+1 Energy Outburst (Possibly +2 depending on if you drop flip completely or not. Free 6 life cards and will stop hand manipulation. I like it)

+1 Strength Test (Replacing an attach card, this card is secretly nice to have on hand against decks with discard recursion )

+1 Rescue (This card makes all my decks, especially this one so I can cherry pick what I want back in my deck for next combats search)

+3 Saiyan Burst (Anger control, decent damage, rejuvination, high endurance. Consider this my replacement for Rapid Fire)

+3 Severing Punch (I suppose this would be what I would consider the replacement for Lifting kick. Yes, you lose the lifecard vs stage damage and endurance goes down by 1. However, controlling anger and if it hits will also control Unleashed / dig / any other level hopping effects for possibly up to 3 combats is just too strong)

+2 Legendary Strike (Again, Anger control with endurance. Plus, when you search it you get a crit if you need it (Ball decks, spot check allies, anger throttle when entering combat, etc) and you can always play it for prevention if needed. Overall, fantastic card)

+2 Domination (Yes, I am running both this and Ki Burst. Domination excels against black and Namekian that both play events that aren't styled, while Ki Burst could potentially shut down decks like Awakening Vegeta / Android 13, etc) 

Overall, a 13 card change. Brings some of my utility over while keeping your level hopping and other utility cards. What do you think?

Hrm... I definitely like some of the changes, since I wasn't too hot on some of the cards. tbh, with Outburst, I think that one is entirely dependent on the play group you're going into, but as general practice, I'd say to retain it since you won't always know what you're going up against. That said, while I like the damage, I don't know if 2 is necessary... Hrm. I'm going to try it out myself since the damage is still really good, and just see if I ever actually come up against someone playing discard. I'm honestly shocked I've not rammed into a Dabura/A17 myself yet, on that note.

I think I'm going to keep Rapid Fire for the Unpreventable damage since it helps to accumulate cards in the opponent's discard and it can be a really good way to hit through Endurance/Modifiers when you REALLY need to. I definitely see your points on it, but I kind of wanted it for the purpose of just hard damage. I'm cutting it down to 2 though.
I'm definitely joining you with dropping Cell's Style. I really love the mechanic of the card, but I've never really found it all that effective unless you're going up against a Vegeta (or someone with equivalently relevant named cards). Maybe one day this card will find it's home in one of the metas, but until then, I'm just going to keep putting it in all my early Cell builds to find it under-performing.

I'm debating Strength Test. It can be handy in some match-ups, but I feel like it might also play too much of a risk since almost every attack in the deck is raising your anger whether it's meant to or not (Dynamic), and it can easily get in the way of Cell's Level 3 banish when you take into consideration the high number of Banish After Use cards in the format and the sheer amount of Endurance in the format. While it may be optional, I definitely don't want to open up more avenues for me to misplay myself out of comboes. So I'm good on that one.

+1 Rescue is definitely worthwhile, since I kind of agree that Rescue makes this deck go from alright to INSANELY CONSISTENT.

I'm also pretty fond of Saiyan Burst/Legendary Strike in my other Saiyan decks, and I didn't actually know that Cell's adding it to your hand counted as it being revealed in your hand (since I was always told it counted as it being revealed from your deck and then added to your hand). That makes Legendary SO MUCH BETTER.

I'm personally not big on Severing Punch either, since I tend to find it a little bit redundant against most MPPV decks outside of Saiyan (most of whom tend to only go for 1 anger gain at a time anyway). That one might be more of a meta choice, but I've also dropped Lifting Kick to make room for some of the other cards you brought up.

I also actually changed my build to have 2 Domination AND Ki Burst when you reminded me of Domination xD I had completely forgotten about the card in it's entirety, so the second I saw it, I was thinking "YES |: PUNISH THEM."

Can I get your thoughts on Saiyan Power Up, on a side note? On one hand, I see the potential for insane comboes, but I'm also very aware that the card feels a little lacking. Personally, I really like the free 6 stages since that can be important if your opponent is trying to rush you to 0, and the card from the bottom of your discard could easily turn out to be something that just extends your plays for days. But I can't help wondering if something else would do better...

One thing I like about this most recent edit is that the deck doesn't feel as dependent on jumping to 4, since you can still very easily keep your opponent shut down and defending from your level 2 search. This said, still keeping all 9 of my level advancing cards xD
It's also probably a worthwhile point while we're discussing this that we need to remember that Cell's Level 3 to advance doesn't actually need to hit to go off; You just need the cards in your opponent's discard. I've caught off quite a few people with that as most of my friends assume it to be a HIT, and block it to stop my leveling. Which, it just won't xD

For me last night, getting their discard pile full wasn't a problem, so Strength test was always doing something, but I also didn't have near the level jumping that the new build has. You have a good point with it. I'll keep it in my build for now, but it'll be a possible future cut.

Severing punch for me has been a pretty consistent card. So like you said, it might be a meta call. For me, it shuts down black anger decks and orange anger decks (Which mostly use +2 anger cards), while slowing down Red anger decks to some degree plus the hit effect makes it a "must block" card against level jumping decks. This might be to you what Saiyan Destructive Blast is to me. At the very least, I would run a 1 of.

Originally I was going to cut Saiyan Power Up from your build as well, however with the switch over to more energy focus I'm worried how we will hold up to an aggressive stage deck. Will the level hopping stages be enough to keep up pressure? Right now I'm not sure, so I left it in. If it turns out that it's not needed, then I will certainly be cutting it (Probably for Rapid fire, or something similar). the card is certainly on the list of possible future cuts alongside strength test. Will require more testing to know for sure though.

I LOVE that Cell level 3 doesn't need to hit. I mean, you want to block it anyways just for the 7 life unpreventable. But yeah, it's fantastic that we can almost always get the banish/level effect off.

As for the reveal when teching the card. I am like 80% sure it was ruled that the reveal when searching counted. I will double check though, I don't want you to get screwed over on a ruling because I remembered something incorrectly.

Found the ruling. Number 17 

17) If Cell level 4 searches for Saiyan Tantrum, is the card "revealed" to prove that it is a Styled card (triggering Saiyan Tantrum's critical damage effect stipulation)? Our previous Overwhelming Power vs. Roshi's Back Strike rulings states "you may reveal [Overwhelming Power] in order to use its placed into hand effect" - is this technically "revealing" or is it simply "show it to your opponent?"

** Searching for a card and revealing it to your opponent is considered “revealing” and would trigger Saiyan Tantrum in this scenario.

That, is absolutely fantastic xD That makes SO MANY MORE COMBOS viable in so many decks. Thanks for sharing the ruling.

I think I will tech in Severing Punch at 2 tbh. I'll take it down to 1 if I find I don't need it too much with some testing, but working with the same rule as with Outburst, better to not need it, and have it, then need it and not have it. Plus, the ability to shutdown competing Dig/Unleashed decks isn't a bad thing by any means. With that, I think I'm actually going to take out Rapid Fire for now. Hopefully I don't come to regret it come Broly time xD

At this point, I think we might have changed the deck as much as we can without some more extensive testing. I will comment that I've really enjoyed working on this, and am definitely eager to hear about how it goes on your end (and will try to keep you updated as and if I make any changes from here on out).

Same. It's been a ton of fun and I think the deck has some good potential. I know I'll be playing it again next week and probably for awhile until I find some glaring weakness with it. For now, like I said, my biggest worry is a hyper aggressive physical beats deck like Broly. 

So a few more game sessions later with this deck. Even had a buddy play test it and I have to say it is a blast.

I did tweak my version by two cards, removing 1 Saiyan Power Up and 1 body blow to make room for 1 overwhelming power and a 3rd Saiyan Ki Burst. The only two physical beats decks I have gotten a chance to play against have proven a non-factor thanks to tutoring out Saiyan Parry when needed and simply using the level hopping to generate more stages. Even after taking a bad combat against one of the decks, it wasn't anything that cell couldn't stabilize and recover from.

Last night, the deck met it's first big loss against a Resolute Pikkon. He managed to kill two unleashes early on (Not that I could use them while he was on level 1 anyways) and I chose the wrong course of action. He was doing small chip damage to me, so I was tutoring out the rejuvination cards like Tantrum, not worrying about his anger. He eventually hit level 2, which I originally was hoping I could luck draw into the third unleash after he did but I never saw it. All the while his rejuvination and damage prevention started out pacing mine since I was stuck on level 2. If I were to face the deck again, I would focus more on dropping his anger and chipping away at his deck faster than he can chip away at mine. However, it was annoying that Pikkon level 1 power level is high enough to stop my use of Domination. While there are only a handful of characters that can do that, and no other character in the game has the bracket retention that Pikkon has it's something to be noted. I also didn't draw Cell's draining attack all game. If I had and gotten to 3, I do believe the game would have become easy at that point. 

Any progress on your side? Any tweaks you have made?

45 minutes ago, Amanax said:

Any progress on your side? Any tweaks you have made?

I've played the deck quite a lot in a few mock-up tournaments between me and my mates on OCTGN, but I'm still trying to find a locals in real life that either plays the game, or is willing to experiment with it a little so that I can finally dust it off in real life. To that end, I've not really made any huge changes to the deck. I ended up dropping the 2 Saiyan Overpowering Auras in favor of the Rapid Fires I originally ran, but this was mostly to ensure I could do some real damage against specific friends of mine and I'd probably change it back if any of my friends really mained Black, 17 or even Bardock.

That Pikkon match-up sounds really interesting, and I love the idea of finally having something that can make full use of Overwhelming Power. That's one tech I might actually steal xD

As for versing physical beats, I've run the deck a few times against one of my friends Oppressive Nappa and another friend's Red Future Gohan. Luckily, I was able to control the game pretty well (especially early on), and by the time that they had hit the real danger Levels, I had enough of a lead that it didn't matter. That said, I 100% agree, this deck is incredibly satisfying to play, and one of my favorite decks in any Dragon Ball game i play. It kind of feels like what Awakening Vegeta was aimed to be with jumping up and down levels, but more consistent and with more freedom in deck design.

New threat encountered...
Was up against Mischevious 13. Man that deck went straight beast mode. I did get unlucky and never drew into a way to get off of level 2 until it was waaay too late. The deck generates a lot of anger and packs a decent punch. I want to get a few more games in against it, Severing punch feels like it could be an MVP against the deck since most anger is +2 in the deck.

Any suggestions?

To be honest, without playing the match-up, I don't really know the key cards that are making 13 a threat. In my own experience, the ally control the deck DOES have was okay at keeping him at bay with his level skip, but if they're not relying on that, you might have a bit more trouble.

Part of me wonders if you just got really unlucky to not be able to get off of level 2. I'd need to play the match-up a few times myself and actually see what makes it so hard before I can comment in full what I think would help.
What kind of cards did he play?

He plays a ton of the 2-anger cards like Dash, combo, knee catch etc. Runs dev blows and shoulder slams for anger control, small ally package that included sobering hammers that if it hits shuts down unleashed, the allies themselves weren't really a problem. Obviously runs Android 13's impenetrable defense and android insubordination for random anger gains. He also runs the hand sniping cards such as Black interrogation and stare down combined with michevious mastery; which I swear he sacrificed some kind of animal to get the accuracy he has to hit key cards  out of my hand.  Seriously, dude straight up rolls a dice to see what card will get hit and last night for example out of all the games I tested against him with different decks he only had one turn where he didn't rip the cards he wanted. Truly frustrating. Which is why I originally went with pulling outburst to stop the hand discards, but the more I play against it the more I think I just need to severing punch his anger combos away.

I'm going to one of the kai tournaments here in the next few weeks  and honestly I would love to take this Cell deck. But facing this deck really makes me gun shy and leaning towards another of my projects that is much more forgiving towards mistakes.

Honestly, I do think the deck can hold up to a Kai Event. Once the deck gets going, it's really hard to stop, and it's more consistent then not in getting started. The biggest issue is adapting to different decks you've not seen before (since your current variant definitely has the counters available to it). Also, how you described that really makes it seem like you were consistently losing to a person's luck, especially if he was swinging it around other decks o-O Not saying he wasn't playing well, but it seems like the perfect storm of bad draws, good luck on his part, and good plays on his part.

In a situation like that, I definitely think Severing Punch is more important, but I still can't help but get a little caught up in how the match-up goes if you can swing to Level 3.
This is actually one of those situations where it really sucks that this game doesn't feature a side deck/board, since Saiyan definitely has cards to help with this.

I'm a bit curious, besides the one guy so far, do you expect this to be a common threat at the Kai event? Also, what are the other decks you're considering?

Yeah, it's true I might be getting too caught up on the luck aspect of the one player too much. The other two decks I have been testing did just as poorly against him (Both are orange, played a total of 3-4 games with those two decks against him. Both decks run triple meditation. In total I played meditation once against him just because I never drew into it).

As far as what is at the events, this is one of the other reasons I am hesitant about bringing my variant of Cell is because the decks have been so random. The meta seems to be the most open it has ever been and not knowing what a particular deck is going to do seems like it can cost you big time with Cell unless you can get off of 2 early on. Both of the other two decks have their own weaknesses but they are far more forgiving. Which leads me to your next question, I'm considering a Retribution Cooler and then a unique deck I have been playing around with of Orange Combative Future Gohan. But at this point who knows, I could show up to the event and throw caution to the win and put all chips on my Black Mischevious Hercule lol. 

Overall I like Cell and Future Gohan the most because they aren't common and they can really mess with someones head. But cooler is a real threat in both MPPV and survival where the other two are only survival decks. I think I'm going to give Cell more work. I've been focusing a ton on FG because Cell was a joint effort and FG has been my concept from the ground up. Cell has some stronger tools against other outliers like ball and ally decks. I just need to heavily change up my game plan for fast MPPV decks and adjust to counter their particular MPPV strategy. 

Amanax, I know this has nothing to do with anything we're talking over, but I just want to say that I love how apt your profile pic seems with the current developments in the anime. Shit's going to be awesome tomorrow xD Or a few hours from now. Idk, I'm still adjusting to the timezone shift after my move.

In regards to everything else, the best I can offer you is to test against you on OCTGN in preparation for the tournament (provided we can find times that suit us both). Beyond that though, I think there are some really strong and generic opening moves you have available to you like cancelling your opponent's Freestyle cards/events early on. The other option I was thinking of is the removal of certain cards that are dead draws early on, but I'm not sure how many of those your current build actually has.