Stryyder

Upcoming DBS products - December 2017 through May 2018

A list of upcoming products for the DBS card game:

Draft Box 1 - 12/8/17
Contents: 12 packs of set 1, 12 packs of set 2, 4 new leader cards (4 copies of 1 leader in each box), 1 pack of TP1 as a prize

Deck Box sets (Hero set and Villain set) - 1/26/18
Contents: 1 Deck Box, 14 cards (7 different cards, 1 foil and 1 non-foil copy of each)  Villain set includes new color "black".  Has no specified costs so can be used in any deck.
Introduces new "Warp" and "Over Realm" mechanics.

Series 3 - March 2018
Series Packing: 2 starter decks (One "Red", one "Black(new color)"), 1 special pack, booster boxes
First of 2 sets making up the "Over Realm" Block, focusing on the new Warp, Over Realm mechanics and new black cards introduced in the Deck Box set
NOTE: This set will introduce a new fifth color to the game, as well as Foil copies of all cards in the set, not just R and higher

Draft Box 2 - April 2018
Contents: 12 packs of set 2, 12 packs of set 3, 4 new leader cards (4 copies of 1 leader in each box), 1 pack of TP3 as a prize

Themed Boosters 01 - May 2018
Details: Special smaller set (101 cards) packaged in boosters with "Themed" contents.  Has a "Different mix of cards" than standard packs, meaning could be smaller boosters with only commons and rares or something similar.  The sets theme is the tournament of power and will feature different teams in each color as well as Universe 7 characters (normal DB characters) in all colors.
Red: Universe 6
Blue: Universe 9
Green: Universe 2
Yellow: Universe 11

I'm excited to play a draft box with some close friends this saturday!

I actually did not know that the next set will have foils for every card.  Even though I dont really care for foils over non-foils, that is pretty neat.

Draft box 2 is going to come with TP3 and not TP2? Weird.

How is 176 new cards a "smaller set?"  Themed packs are a neat idea but I cant help but think some themes will be in higher demand than others.

TP2 will be going all through regionals, so there will be plenty out there, I think that's why DB2 has TP3.

As for the themed set, I fell for their weird math, it's actually only 101 cards (they say 176, because they count the foil AND non-foil C/UC as 2 separate cards).  The set is smaller than even set 1 which was 119, counting the 5 SD cards.

Still waiting on how the themed packs will be structured, but people are speculating we may see some reprints here.  It could be each booster is a specific color, or specific storyline (android, buu, etc).  We'll probably get more details in February or so.

Speaking of regionals, due to the I think one that happened promos have significantly dropped. I've been eyeing the Blue Vegeito for a friend and it went from 18 usd to 8. Set 1 stuff seems to have dropped about 10 bucks, coolers are now 24 over the 34 they were. 

yeah, now that promos are going out at regionals prices will drop.  Even the winners cards are low, IMO, around $10-15 a piece for the winner stamped 0+0 cards.  There is one more regional before the end of the year and then Vegas at the beginning of January, so prices will likely continue to drop.

Yeah, there was a lot of hype for Bl Goku, Zamasu and Beerus God decks and it fell flat.  Cell plowed everyone over.  Gonna be interesting to see how the draft leaders will affect Orlando this weekend, we may see similar rises and falls depending on what tops.

15 minutes ago, Vile said:

Holy crap yeah they did. Any reason as to why that Gohan rose? He seems okay but not like OMFG good. 

Everyone running Green seems to want it, and green is pretty prevalent. That's what I can see anyway.

54 minutes ago, Vile said:

Holy crap yeah they did. Any reason as to why that Gohan rose? He seems okay but not like OMFG good. 

He was run in the Cell, A17, and Ginyu decks that topped in Hartford, so that alone is enough to boost the price given that every card game has its share of people who would rather use someone else’s reliable creation than come up with their own.

Why did the top decks run it? It works really well with the Cell evolutions that drop your opponent’s hand to 3 cards. Critical is amazing at that point as your opponent has limited options in hand to avoid any damage and taking damage will not add to their hand. Plus it has board removal, giving the Cell leader even more potential to keep the opponent’s board clear.

Ginyu likes it too, since it keeps his green ratio up and offers board control they used to rely on Energy Boost Beerus for but without the requirement of having 5 energy.  Plus crit, because crit is just that good. 

I'm kind of meh on that, but that's mainly because I don't care about foils.  For me, it just seems like a way to get a more rounded secondary market for the game.  Promos are the only real cards worth investing in.  Even SCRs will dwindle unless they become more of a staple.