Sign in to follow this  
Artificial Human

Blue Resourceful No17

I actually got to play some decks yesterday. Adept 17 was.. eh. Not aggro enough imo. But I liked the Anger control aspect in both No17 Entertained and Orange Dressing Room. He was using Evolution Piccolo 1 with Namekian Knowledge, I wasn't wallbreakering, and he was still struggling to level past 1. So I decided to take advantage of the Anger control and make a Blue Resourceful deck with some Mill to speed things up. Still working out a build before I go anywhere with the deck, but this is the first draft. Won't get to try it for two weeks unless I get time for OCTGN or something.

FORMAT
Fan Z

HOUSE RULES
No Ultra Rares

MASTERY
Blue Resourceful Mastery

MAIN PERSONALITY
Android 17 – Entertained
Android 17 – Imposing
Android 17 – Battle Ready
Android 17 – In Action

ALLIES - 3
1 Android 14
1 Android 16
1 Android 20

DRILLS – 3
3 Blue Biting Drill

SETUP - 9
3 Blue Stretch Kick
3 Blue Off-Balanced Punch
3 Blue Sword Stance

EVENTS - 6
1 Time is a Warrior's Tool
3 Blue Shifting Maneuver
2 Blue Excitement

PHYSICAL COMBAT - 36
3 Sobering Hammer
3 Blue Betrayal
3 Blue Head Knock
3 Blue Lunge
3 Blue Slash
3 Blue Head Kick
3 Blue Challenging Strike
2 Blue Smug Punch
2 Blue Strike
3 Blue Easy Knee
3 Blue Tempo

2 Blue Wrist Block
3 Blue Deterrence

ENERGY COMBAT - 3
3 Blue Brace

I'd recommend a15 for drill control. As well as like 2 vans. This should allow you to drop wrist block for something better/ with endurance. Unless you're also playing it as a meta call. 

You can also drop a few attacks. I know that sounds counter intuitive but you're basically running 45 attacks right now. You can only draw so many a game. Don't think of your set up attacks as non combat cards in resourceful. They're attacks. Meaning you're only playing 6 non combat cards effectively right now. You have some leeway to add more.

Challenging strike is unnecessary, and I don't like easy knee personally, but if it's a meta call I guess that's up to your preference. I also think you should try to focus more on either life or stage damage attacks. If you try to do both your stage damage won't be effective enough to lock them down reliably. In which case you'd be better off just dealing life damage. However, since your MP and mastery are focused on stage damage and keeping your opponent from leveling I'd recommend stage damage.

Probably ditch slash too. Excitement is almost definitely a 3 of. Definitely want decap too.

Honestly I'm not terribly knowledgeable about Blue. I've never tried to self build, only netdecked Blue Dominance Piccolo and Blue Tag Team Goku, so any comments help.

On 12/13/2017 at 7:34 AM, v3rse said:

I'd recommend a15 for drill control. As well as like 2 vans. This should allow you to drop wrist block for something better/ with endurance. Unless you're also playing it as a meta call. 

You can also drop a few attacks. I know that sounds counter intuitive but you're basically running 45 attacks right now. You can only draw so many a game. Don't think of your set up attacks as non combat cards in resourceful. They're attacks. Meaning you're only playing 6 non combat cards effectively right now. You have some leeway to add more.

Challenging strike is unnecessary, and I don't like easy knee personally, but if it's a meta call I guess that's up to your preference. I also think you should try to focus more on either life or stage damage attacks. If you try to do both your stage damage won't be effective enough to lock them down reliably. In which case you'd be better off just dealing life damage. However, since your MP and mastery are focused on stage damage and keeping your opponent from leveling I'd recommend stage damage.

Probably ditch slash too. Excitement is almost definitely a 3 of. Definitely want decap too.

I don't really have much of a Drill problem or Ally problem, more Setups like Namekian Fusion and Black Power Up.

I do understand the push for more Stage Attacks. I didn't really realise 17 of my attacks have to Life Cards and can only do a maximum of 3 stages via mods. I was mostly looking at effects.

You're probably right I have too many attacks for something aiming at control. What would you suggest looking at?