Sign in to follow this  
t.Winston

random questions that came up in gameplay today.

1:  can Black Left Burst banish Blue Stretch Kick?

2: can I play Blue Stretch Kick after Vegeta’s Final Flash?

3: can Gohan (awakening stack) search out a freestyle attack card on his level 2? 

Thanks!

1. Yes since Stretch Kick is both an attack and a setup.

2. You can USE a Stretch Kick already in play but you cannot play it from your hand as an action if you were somehow able to do that from another card effect (for instance, you could NOT use the Fan Z Blue Resourceful Mastery to discard it from your hand and place it into play).

3. Nope.  While still in the deck (and even in your hand) the non-styled cards themselves are still non-styled. The attack becomes styled when you play it from your hand, which is funny because that gets around effects from cards like Red Tandem Blast and Orange Sweeping Blast.

Your first question made me realize that Black Left Burst can actually be useful in certain matchups.  Red Double Strike and Wall Breaker are good things to banish but yeah blue setup attacks as well!

23 hours ago, Thearbiter20x6 said:

1. Yes since Stretch Kick is both an attack and a setup.

2. You can USE a Stretch Kick already in play but you cannot play it from your hand as an action if you were somehow able to do that from another card effect (for instance, you could NOT use the Fan Z Blue Resourceful Mastery to discard it from your hand and place it into play).

3. Nope.  While still in the deck (and even in your hand) the non-styled cards themselves are still non-styled. The attack becomes styled when you play it from your hand, which is funny because that gets around effects from cards like Red Tandem Blast and Orange Sweeping Blast.

Your first question made me realize that Black Left Burst can actually be useful in certain matchups.  Red Double Strike and Wall Breaker are good things to banish but yeah blue setup attacks as well!

One correction here. In your example for number 2 you actually can use blue resourceful mastery. It is considered an attack (precedent saiyan rampaging mastery) and placing the set up into play is an effect of the attack. This is different from red ruthless mastery which is not an attack itself but an effect that generates an attack. Final flash would stop red ruthless. 

11 hours ago, v3rse said:

One correction here. In your example for number 2 you actually can use blue resourceful mastery. It is considered an attack (precedent saiyan rampaging mastery) and placing the set up into play is an effect of the attack. This is different from red ruthless mastery which is not an attack itself but an effect that generates an attack. Final flash would stop red ruthless. 

I actually saw this on the Retro page yesterday and was pretty surprised.  I didn't even know about Rampaging (I treated them all like ruthless). 

So to make sure I understand it correctly: You use Resourceful to discard a Styled Setup that performs an attack and so it counts as an attack, but you then decide to place the setup into play instead of attacking/discarding, so even though an attack didn't actually go off during that action, you made an attack originally and so it was allowed.

Yeah?  I am working on a Resourceful deck so I want to make sure I'm interpreting it properly. 

13 hours ago, Thearbiter20x6 said:

I actually saw this on the Retro page yesterday and was pretty surprised.  I didn't even know about Rampaging (I treated them all like ruthless). 

So to make sure I understand it correctly: You use Resourceful to discard a Styled Setup that performs an attack and so it counts as an attack, but you then decide to place the setup into play instead of attacking/discarding, so even though an attack didn't actually go off during that action, you made an attack originally and so it was allowed.

Yeah?  I am working on a Resourceful deck so I want to make sure I'm interpreting it properly. 

Huh? You still attack with resourceful. The instead refers to instead of discarding. You perform the 3 stage attack regardless of whether a set up comes into play or not.

On 12/22/2017 at 11:42 PM, v3rse said:

Huh? You still attack with resourceful. The instead refers to instead of discarding. You perform the 3 stage attack regardless of whether a set up comes into play or not.

Wait, seriously?  That's ACTUALLY how it works? Shouldn't they have re-ordered the clauses for clarity. 

Why isn't this mastery flooding the game yet?!  It seems SUPER strong if this is the intended use!!!

3 hours ago, Thearbiter20x6 said:

Wait, seriously?  That's ACTUALLY how it works? Shouldn't they have re-ordered the clauses for clarity. 

Why isn't this mastery flooding the game yet?!  It seems SUPER strong if this is the intended use!!!

It is good. Broly seems to be the front runner, but I could see goten doing well too.