Sign in to follow this  
Artificial Human

Red Energetic Krillin

I've never touched Red Energy or Krillin before, so this is new territory for me. The deck is mostly built on Synergy. Krillin fetches your Setups, Red Burning Rage shuts down Endurance and gives you a buff for the turn, making Critical Hits easy. Same with Red Flourish, which give Red Shoulder Grab's floating to Energy Attacks. This, along with Red Blaze, into Red Intimidation Drill, gives you a draw a turn as a basic given, on top of what Krillin does and shutting down Endurance and Critical Damage Effects. Since Red Blaze and Red Burning Rage are not BAU, Red Controlled Anger and Red Hurl can push them back into the deck for Krillin to get. Red Right Blast gives a draw if used before this Rejuvenation, and Red Blaze, so that's a +1. So is Red Left Bolt for a +6 over the game, on top of Krillin's +s himself. It's bogged down with some 18 Non-Combats, so I though Marron for some filtering, and stage gaining, was worth the use. Plus No18 is just for an extra omni block a turn.

Seems like it needs some more eyes on it, but I like where it's going.

FORMAT
Fan Z

HOUSE RULES
No Ultra Rares

MASTERY
Red Energetic Mastery

MAIN PERSONALITY
Krillin - Settled Down
Krillin - In Training
Krillin - Z Warrior
Krillin - Victorious

ALLIES - 2
1 Android 18 - Wife
1 Marron - Popular

DRILLS - 5
1 Red Despair Drill
2 Red Intimidation Drill
2 Red Controlled Anger Drill

SETUP - 11
3 Red Relaxation
3 Red Burning Rage
3 Red Blaze
2 Red Flourish

EVENT - 7
1 Time is a Warrior's Tool
3 Confrontation
3 Red Stop

PHYSICAL COMBAT - 3
3 Red Blocking Hand
3 Red Duck

ENERGY COMBAT - 29
3 Krillin's Destructo Disk
2 Krillin's Solar Flare
3 Overpowering Attack
3 Red Left Bolt
3 Red Energy Blast
3 Red Static Shot
3 Red Freezing Beam
3 Red Right Blast
3 Red Hurl

3 Red Retreat (Revelations)

So A18 is the omni block over Forward stance drill... interesting. Since Burning Rage and Blaze can be fetched and subsequently rejuv'd, why not just run 2 copies each instead?

Energetic Krillin has a lot of cool options you can't go wrong with. I like your card advantage theme except for two things. I don't like the allies, and I don't like the 18 dead draws. If you can reduce dead draws to like 13-14ish I think you will be good. Consider energy toss since it's amazing and you are relying solely on critical damage for anti anger. 

I've yet to try this out due to the time of year it is, but I'm glad to get some comments on it.

Forward Stance Drill was a case of I don't like giving up my Anger for it. 18 is just a lot more reliable and less costly as I do want to level.

I know where you're coming from with the Non-Combats, it's a concern. I'll do what you said and reduce each of the Setups bar Red Relaxation by 1 each and add 3 Energy Toss.

I like the allies, they can obviously do a lot for this deck if you get them, but I am concerned they don't have enough support. 

I think you are missing resources that can get you anger quicker, and drills quicker and then sealing the deal with harder attacks like Red Tandem Blast  or Red Heel kick.  It like the Tactical / Forward stance / embarasssing combo where your heel kicks tutor any card you feel like. 

On 12/30/2017 at 5:31 PM, Jaith1 said:

I like the allies, they can obviously do a lot for this deck if you get them, but I am concerned they don't have enough support. 

I think you are missing resources that can get you anger quicker, and drills quicker and then sealing the deal with harder attacks like Red Tandem Blast  or Red Heel kick.  It like the Tactical / Forward stance / embarasssing combo where your heel kicks tutor any card you feel like. 

Red tactical drill says your OPPONENT's effects can't lower your anger, and embarrassing drill is once per combat. 

Have you considered red announcement from set 10? Gain 3 stages, scry 5 for an energy attack. Currently working on a silimar build with 18 and have yet to try it but in theory it seems strong and seems like it can really improve consistency.

On 1/4/2018 at 0:33 AM, v3rse said:

Red tactical drill says your OPPONENT's effects can't lower your anger, and embarrassing drill is once per combat. 

You’re correct. My statement should still stand despite your clarification. I like tactical drill a little better over embarrassing since it can be used for two functions: ensuring a level up or guaranteeing you can spend your anger on your effects.

1 hour ago, Littlebig said:

Have you considered red announcement from set 10? Gain 3 stages, scry 5 for an energy attack. Currently working on a silimar build with 18 and have yet to try it but in theory it seems strong and seems like it can really improve consistency.

Red announcement is clearly a better choice over Red Heel Kick, I like it a lot. Red Combined Blast and Red Tandem Blast are both relevant cards that need support anyways though.

8 hours ago, Jaith1 said:

Red announcement is clearly a better choice over Red Heel Kick, I like it a lot. Red Combined Blast and Red Tandem Blast are both relevant cards that need support anyways though.

I wouldn't even worry about those right now. If you're still testing, experiment until you find what the core of the deck is then start adding tech.