So I have been using David Meckler's Ascension Trunks that took 2nd at the Dennis Bowl and holy crap this deck is fun.

Only change from the deck used in the Dennis Bowl and this one is that I added Red Controlled Anger Drill from Set 10. (Which is a change David said he would make, not my idea lol)

I haven't played in five-ever and this deck is great so I just thought I would share :D

It's pretty strong.  My Goku Surprise Attack build didn't stand a chance (I could only lower anger through crit and ruthless mastery hit effect...a weakness I was well aware of xD).

Now that I'm back from CA  I need to get OCTGN running and put all my decks up so I can do some serious playtesting.  I played a bit with my brother in CA and I feel like my Black Perceptive Tien deck is FINALLY, after many MANY attempts, tournament ready.

I want to see how Adept Gohan fares against the Ascension Trunks build. 

Red Ascension Mastery

Trunks - Dashing
Trunks - Frenzied
Trunks - Defiant (Post Change)
Trunks - Overwhelming

2 Heroic Dashing Punch
2 Blinding Energy Move
3 Trunks’ Slam
3 Trunks’ Knee Bash
3 Trunks’ Sword Slash
2 Red Energy Blast
2 Red Explosion
3 Red Freezing Beam
3 Red Sword Stab
3 Red Mule Kick
3 Red Right Cross

2 Red Resourceful Block
3 Red Disregard
3 Red Blocking Hand
3 Red Brace
3 Red Flee
2 Red Stop
1 Time is a Warrior’s Tool

1 Earth Dragon Ball 7
2 Red Retreat

2 Visiting the Past
3 Red Relaxation
3 Red Destiny
1 Red Controlled Anger Drill
2 Red Tactical Drill

Ah yes the deck is nothing new. I felt dirty playing this deck back in set 7. The whole avoidant/control mppv archetype loses its charm  for me. The reason I stopped playing with it was because a Tag Team Gohan deck was able to wreck it pretty consistently (i think it was Mr. Waffles?). 

I am surprised Ferrari Trunks made it as far as it did even after post lv3 nerf. 

18 minutes ago, Jaith1 said:

Ah yes the deck is nothing new. I felt dirty playing this deck back in set 7. The whole avoidant/control mppv archetype loses its charm  for me. The reason I stopped playing with it was because a Tag Team Gohan deck was able to wreck it pretty consistently (i think it was Mr. Waffles?). 

I am surprised Ferrari Trunks made it as far as it did even after post lv3 nerf. 

This isn't Ferrari Trunks though. The deck functions VERY differently. Ferrari had a weird emphasis on beats and this deck is STRICTLY focused on MPPV, skipping, and ending combat.