FutureTrunks

Total Newbie Here, Need Advice

Hey Top Tier forum members! I'm primarily a Pokémon TCG player, but I've heard and seen the hype for the Dragon Ball Super Card Game and wanted to try it out. I've been watching some instructional videos online but I'm still confused. There's a pretty decent sized DBS league where I live so I figured I'd just go there soon and some of the players can teach me, but I wanted to know what's the best way to go about put a deck together. Would you recommend buying one of the starter decks, and if so, which one? Are there any particular YouTube channels to check out? I'm just trying to figure out the best way to start! Thank you for your time.

I would recommend looking at decks that did well at regionals (https://www.dragonballsuper-regionals.com/orlando-fl-meta-game-page.html) That page should be updated soon with info from the Vegas regionals and I HIGHLY recommend subscribing to "Kitchen Table Meta" on YouTube. Dusty is a cool guy that is always pumping out content, whether it be archives of streamed matches, deck profiles, state of the game videos, etc. That is probably the best place to start.

Hope this helped!

One box of Set 2 should net you 90% of a decent Android 17/18 deck, as realistically you don't need a single Rare or Super rare for them. The promo 17 is good but for a start you'll be fine. I also find them pretty fun. 

There is a SSB Vegeta leader in set 1 that can work in most decks. He would be a good center starting point.  

If you watch YouTube players, don't watch SuphaPlayerz. They do good editing, with sounds effects, but they break so many rules. It's a real shame. 

I don't use Cell and the one tournement I was able to run jt it beat Cell's, Ginyu, and Black Goku. Only lost to a Babadi that dropped  jiren who in one turn wrecked me. 

Sure Cell helps, but for a starter Cell isn't a must. Especially when Cell himself is like a 15 dollar card. Eitherir this isn't the place for that decks talk, lets help new guy here find a deck once he says what he has. 

That is true, I just don't want to recommend something he's gonna get blown up using lol

If you are really looking to be cost effective, Draft Frieza and Vegeta are super cheap decks to make. Specifically Peter Cattani's and Eddie St. Hilaire's Vegas builds, respectively.