ImDoneItsOver

The Caster Chronicles TCG

A guy I know was hyped for this. Then they skipped a release in English and he doesn't talk about anymore.

He is also one of those guys. It creeps me out a bit. Kinda weird, he hated Bermuda in Vanguard, mostly because he got his ass handed to him, repetitively.

4 hours ago, Artificial Human said:

A guy I know was hyped for this. Then they skipped a release in English and he doesn't talk about anymore.

He is also one of those guys. It creeps me out a bit. Kinda weird, he hated Bermuda in Vanguard, mostly because he got his ass handed to him, repetitively.

The reason I'm not following this game and the reason I left Force of Will.

1 hour ago, ImDoneItsOver said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9doT...ature=youtu.be

Im not one of THOSE types, The wife enjoys the art style and I enjoy the gameplay (its just a re-skin of Duel Masters/Kaijudo to be honest lol)

Oh we know. The problem is, no matter how many not THOSE types of guys you have playing this game, the filth will come... in droves... and will eventually creep out most gaming scenes playing this or drive into perpetual toxicity. 

32 minutes ago, Artificial Human said:

So a third Duel Masters reskin? The world sure needed that. >_>

I don't mean to be a dick about it, just tired of everything being DM except DM.

I wish Kaijudo had been successful. I still have my Set 1 competitive deck but I saw it dying and didn't bother buying product after Set 1. 

6 hours ago, Artificial Human said:

If Kaijudo left America, I wouldn't have played Vanguard.

Duel Masters was incredibly enjoyable.

I fucking LOVED Duel Masters man. That was one of my fave games back in my high school days. Didn't hurt that I was pretty good at it either lol

Hmm... Now that I think about it, I was good at that game, and I am also pretty good at DBS (better than I was at PanZ anyway). I never put 2 and 2 together, but maybe I have an affinity for that style of game? interesting...

Duel Masters was the first TCG/Anime my wife and I watched/played together so the system has a special place in our hearts. The Kaijudo reskin... show sucked.. WOTC rushed the hell out of it then killed it (as if we did not know that was the plan all along WOTC...) Not to mention this was the version we could have got our daughter into... She had yet to be born (though already conceived) when we started DM AND it also carries her name in part. Now with FOWco in charge and lets be honest these guys are the new age reskin gurus MTG reskined as FOW and Now DM reskined as magic girls Heck there next title Architects looks like a reskin of the old VS system  This Caster Chronicles is the game we all can enjoy! It brings back fond memories, Is creating new ones, The art style is decent not Too over the top with the Casters (at least not yet) and the servants all look funny/creepy/weird so theres a bit of everything. It is worth a try, Familiar yet different in its subtleties.

I looked through it after this thread, properly. The whole 'Caster/Will aka Mana' mechanic is frankly, confusing, initially. The cards for them aren't self explanatory. It also changes the game significantly from DM imo. I am also not a fan of having 7 Civs over 5, I found there to be a lot of similarity between Civs and lastly, the lack of Summoning Sickness irks me. The game actually has reverse Haste that gives Summoning Sickness. That's weird.

Also, my friend was saying one of the Civs has a way to bypass Shields and go straight for the player. What's that about? It raised my eyebrow. Terra something?

yeah those are in my video there Tackless Butterfly and yes its hard to kill it has 2 skills. The first is it cant be attacked while in rest.. meaning if you play it in attack and why wouldn't you your opp has to wait for a destruction effect. Its CLOSE to broken but this game has ALOT of removal so prepare for it and then kill it with said effects if a break does not kill it first ;) And yes unlike DM you do need at least 1 Caster (mana) of a color to summon so not everything can summon everything, mult of a color caster to play mult cards.