kholmes1987

Warp and black cards

Has anyone figure any new strategies with the new warp area and black cards? What decks do you think are gonna make a comeback with the new expansions and set 3?

Aggressive strategies seem to benefit the most from the new overrealm cards.  TP Trunks seems to be almost universally-applicable and many aggressive decks are going to want to run Mira, From the Darkness for access to a 20k/crit beater.  Masked Saiyan is just crazy good.

Between Saiyan Cabba, the red Combo Vegeta, and overrealm cards, Champa should have an easier time activating his unawakened power and Mira is a great target for his awakened power.  Other red leaders get the added aggression from black cards at the potential cost of Vegitgo HTSTD, one of it's heaviest most cost-efficient hitters.

Cooler gets easy access to overrealm cards but at the cost of getting the added effect from the Cooler promo.  But being able to consistently play black cards will probably outweigh that anyway.

Blue crit Vegeta gets access to a 20k/crit battle card, allowing him to maintain hand advantage against opponents even more.

Cell's awakened ability helps him cast black cards (albeit slowly) and he is already very consistent, I could see some black cards working with him.

Any deck running the Vegito that mills yourself 10 cards can play with fire when it comes to black cards.

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 11:55 AM, The Bear said:

Aggressive strategies seem to benefit the most from the new overrealm cards.  TP Trunks seems to be almost universally-applicable and many aggressive decks are going to want to run Mira, From the Darkness for access to a 20k/crit beater.  Masked Saiyan is just crazy good.

Between Saiyan Cabba, the red Combo Vegeta, and overrealm cards, Champa should have an easier time activating his unawakened power and Mira is a great target for his awakened power.  Other red leaders get the added aggression from black cards at the potential cost of Vegitgo HTSTD, one of it's heaviest most cost-efficient hitters.

Cooler gets easy access to overrealm cards but at the cost of getting the added effect from the Cooler promo.  But being able to consistently play black cards will probably outweigh that anyway.

Blue crit Vegeta gets access to a 20k/crit battle card, allowing him to maintain hand advantage against opponents even more.

Cell's awakened ability helps him cast black cards (albeit slowly) and he is already very consistent, I could see some black cards working with him.

Any deck running the Vegito that mills yourself 10 cards can play with fire when it comes to black cards.

Just remember that using OverRealm warps your ENTIRE Drop Zone and it can only be activated once per turn. It helps a lot of decks, but if you play a deck looking for things in Drop, it won't benefit much from OverRealm.

Xeno Trunks tends to feed back into OR himself.  Just play him with OR, then attack with leader and combo Trunks to be 1/3 of the way toward playing another in a future turn.  Gotenks as well, since you send the cards needed for Fusion to the drop area.  Tien feeds the drop area and is used by many decks to awaken.  Mecha Frieza seems to be the best best, since he plays a ton of extra cards so drop area is often heavy, plus scrying helps the deck be more consistent.

On 1/31/2018 at 9:13 AM, RPENERGY said:

Just remember that using OverRealm warps your ENTIRE Drop Zone and it can only be activated once per turn. It helps a lot of decks, but if you play a deck looking for things in Drop, it won't benefit much from OverRealm.

Yeah, that's why I pointed that out with Vegito HTSTD and the Cooler leader.  Outside of a handful of cards there isn't much interaction with the drop area though.  However, I have been testing a B/R deck with black cards and have found that summoning Vegito HTSTD takes a little planning but isn't really that hard to do, even when using OR every turn.

I've played a few games using the new black cards and they're on the edge of being broken.  4x TP Trunks is going to be a staple unless more drop area interactions are added to the game.

Honestly I think the new Vegito takes the place of HTSTD in anything other than a Babidi summon.  Dual attack, crit and on his second attack double strike.  Too good.  Plus the new Trunks can search him out, but he can't search HTSTD.

19 hours ago, Stryyder said:

Honestly I think the new Vegito takes the place of HTSTD in anything other than a Babidi summon.  Dual attack, crit and on his second attack double strike.  Too good.  Plus the new Trunks can search him out, but he can't search HTSTD.

No way. Vegito HTSTD stands out from all the other Vegitos in that it doesn’t use potara fusion. I don’t think I’ve used HTSTD in a deck that was focused on the potara mechanic, as I’m running too many Goku and Vegeta to also throw in Gohan, Goten, And Trunks.

As an example: the BR Vegeta I posted the other day runs Vegito HTSTD due the fact I’m already running the cards needed to fulfill its play condition and it offers a lot of aggro. I wouldn’t even consider running the new Vegito because I don’t run enough Goku, Vegeta, or blue energy. 

It’s just too different from the other Vegito to be lumped in with them; you’re comparing two different bundle of Gokus.