Set 3 official preliminary info commercial

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=D3udvmraQXQ

themed for each color

Red - GT Baby saga

Blue - Buu saga

Green - Android 13

Yellow - Dragonball

Black - Xenoverse 2

also some DBS mixed in including Ultra Instinct.

set focuses on Overrealm and evolve.

at least 2 new ways to evolve:

EX Evolve - pay an energy cost, discard cards and your evolution target must be a certain cost or above.

Xeno Evolve - send your evolve target to warp

More new info from website, 2 new abilities:

Barrier - this card can't be chosen for your opponent's effects. (Essentially hexproof)

super combo - you may only have 4 cards with "super combo" in your deck.  (All 4 0+0 combo cards from set 1 have been erratad to have this and there is a new Black Towa 0+0 with this on it in set 3)

3 hours ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

I am really hype for this set. I didn't expect SO MUCH info right off the bat. The game is gonna get NUTS and i love it. The best way to balance a game is to make EVERYTHING broken lol

I disagree. EDH is a prime example of why. 

I've seen a lot of games where new sets sort of add to the meta, maybe kick a deck or two out, but most stay good and are bolstered by some new cards.  This set has so much to add that it is going to COMPLETELY alter the meta.  Some leaders will still be good from old sets, but archetypes are going to switch around a LOT.

Bandai mentions on the DBS website that “a black deck cannot be constructed solely of black cards...players will always need to add a second color.” Now, it would be too easy to just make a rule saying a deck cannot be all black cards, as someone would just run 1 copy of a card of another color.

So, pure speculation here, but I think bandai is going to announce before set 3 releases that black cards cannot be played as energy.

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

So, pure speculation here, but I think bandai is going to announce before set 3 releases that black cards cannot be played as energy.

That would be a nice balancing mechanic. I've been kinda worried that the Black cards might end up with a Promo that's a staple in everything and creates a similar staple issue to what Naruto had.

44 minutes ago, Artificial Human said:

That would be a nice balancing mechanic. I've been kinda worried that the Black cards might end up with a Promo that's a staple in everything and creates a similar staple issue to what Naruto had.

I totally agree that it would be a nice balancing mechanic, which is why I think it’s a real possibility. A black promo staple would be horrible, same goes for a black SPR staple.

I’m not familiar with Naruto, could you explain more specifically what happened? 

Honestly I think that would suck, considering I am interested in making a mono black deck. I can understand WHY they would do it, but it would just seem lame to introduce a new color and then handicap it right off the bat.

Plus everyone on FB keeps telling me how much mono black would suck so what's the big deal? :P

1 hour ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

I mean if you just cut off half of what I say, sure.

You're right, I was being a bit unfair.  But I dont think banning it as energy would really be handicapping as much as balancing it.  To me, it just seems that a color that is viable for so many deck types needs to have some big disadvantage to encourage a diverse meta.

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

You're right, I was being a bit unfair.  But I dont think banning it as energy would really be handicapping as much as balancing it.  To me, it just seems that a color that is viable for so many deck types needs to have some big disadvantage to encourage a diverse meta.

I completely agree, I will just be a little disappointed.

10 minutes ago, Vile said:

Imma run 1 Cabba's Rage or whatever the 0 cost cars from set 1 was. Rest black. 

That's another reason I think there won't be an official deck construction rule. Because you would just do exactly that. What else would they do? A certain amount has to be non black? What percentage would that be? It just feels so arbitrary.

The energy thing may happen. But honestly, thinking about it more, Black cards should just give "black energy". They can't pay for anything except colorless costs. That way it wouldn't make anything unfair. Running too many black cards would actually be a hindrance to people running multiple colors.

44 minutes ago, Vile said:

Does black currently count for everycolor? 

It's a black energy, but nothing introduced so far has specific black energy costs.  As Shoryu pointed out, they're only good now for paying colorless costs.

what I believe I read before:

1) black is colorless, it can count toward a cards color requirement on there cost to play them

2) I believe somewhere on the site there a sentence that read you can not play a mono black deck YET, yet being the keyword. you can assume that means that black decks will be able to play mono if they want to

3 hours ago, soviet prince said:

what I believe I read before:

1) black is colorless, it can count toward a cards color requirement on there cost to play them

2) I believe somewhere on the site there a sentence that read you can not play a mono black deck YET, yet being the keyword. you can assume that means that black decks will be able to play mono if they want to

trump-wrong.png

However, a black deck cannot be constructed solely of black cards… players will always need to add a second color.

Under SS3 Bardock

Why do people still keep saying black is colorless?  IT IS BLACK.  BLACK IS A COLOR.  (in the art world technically a shade, but in card games a color)  "Black is colorless" is a false statement any way you look at it.  There just aren't any cards currently that require black energy.

There is no rule yet saying you CAN'T build a straight black deck and the statement they made is ambiguous.  We'll have to wait for the new rule updates at the end of the month.