Heck yeah to new sword cards, I'm just the slightest bit saddened that there's not a new Blue Sword attack. I know we got a set up fairly recently, but it's pretty genuinely not worth the deck space in I'd say just about any deck, and the deck just really needs a plain attack card to drop from hand without the set-up.

On the topic of Blue though, I god damn love that new Setup. Utterly useless if your opponent isn't countering your allies, BUT WHEN ISN'T YOUR OPPONENT BURNING YOUR ALLIES.

Probably a really good time for people (me) to actually go back and make Red Sword Trunks. I tried it a few times before, and didn't really like how it played, but maybe with Red Amplifying preserving my A. Sword Drill, I'll actually be able to get behind it a bit more. I just know I'll probably spend most of my time with the deck missing my Blue variant.
... or I could make Red Sword Dabura. Probably going to make Red Dabura.
... F*ck it, I'm also going to make Red Sword Trunks. An MPPV Sword Trunks might be fun to actually play.

Hello to Black Judgement Rush. That one MAKES me want to play more Black Physical beats pretty much on it's own, though is anyone else getting a bit jumpy with how many "stays in play" attacks we got running around?

I don't know how good that Nail is. Can someone tell me? xD

The Saiyan drill feels lackluster to me. Someone will almost definitely prove me wrong in feeling that, and I look forward to it, but I just don't care about it right now. Saiyan masteries are designed to hyper-level, especially with Trunks, so it comes across as though you'd be putting down a Drill for maybe a single combat, get 1 "alright" Sword swing to repeat over, and would probably be leveling again almost immediately after, removing your own drill. So while I can see the potential for it, and how it could probably decide some match-ups after a few turns of use, Saiyan (with it's current Masteries) just doesn't feel like the right home for it.

My initial impressions: Starting from the first reveal and working down.

Nail level 1  
- Dude is cool. I'll be curious to see what people do with it. If his trigger power was constant, then I think he would be a lot better, but still being able to force a Defensive Burst upon your opponent or any other such nasty hit effects could be fun. He's really close to good (I feel) but I honestly do think he is missing enough to make it a big splash (Like most of the one off levels). We'll see, but right now it seems Black is the only stand out to make use of that power.

Red Shining Sword Attack

- Great... more named Sword cards. I know how this card came to be, and my utter dislike for Future Trunks creates some biased against this card. it's overall a decent card for sword decks and I know I'll be playing it in my Red SworDura (Sword Dabura) deck. We'll see if the whole swords want to deal stages but this does life thing becomes a problem or not (I don't imagine so since red has ways of making both sword and named card damage unpreventable)

Guru ally 
- Potentially cool. Not great for Nail, we'll see once Dende gets his stack if he becomes worth playing.

Raditz Ally
- Only thing that comes to my mind is Blue Resourceful Ginyu. Maybe it could be a thing? Doubt it. I feel like I'm missing something with this card. Feels okay but not great.

Namekian Planetary Countdown 
- This thing had me lose my mind when I first read it. Then I realized it was shuffle not rejuvinate and I calmed myself. It's a cute card but ultimately I am not sure how much I like it when it gets compared to Namekian Growth. (Growth doesn't have the requirement to only work when you lose, allowing you to work around opponents removal. Growth Rejuvinates instead of shuffling, which for ball decks means you get to top deck your balls when close to death. Growth has other uses if you are in a position where rejuvinating isn't a concern). Overall this card is cool, but I don't think it's as big as people make it out to be.  

Blue Stylish Pose
- OMG YES FINALLY GINYU BABY YOU'RE BACK. *cough* So I enjoyed playing Blue Ginyu. What I didn't like is playing Tag because my playgroup loved banishing my allies. I might rebuild the deck with this card. Feels really strong. Already talking with someone in our play group about a deck that might be able to abuse this for some fun shenanigans. Will see how that goes.

Saiyan Swift Sword Drill
- I don't know how I feel about this. It's another trunks card, which I already dislike and in the hands of trunks we can now make Trunks Knee bash stay in play to be used twice? It's a fun card that has some strength behind it but it helps everything I dislike about Trunks and this makes me sad. 

Black Judgement Rush
- Cool art, cool endurance, more "considered named" card and it's black with anti anger. I have yet to come up with a deck that wants to play this in my head outside of Mischievous Broly/SworDura but I'm sure someone will find a way to put this neat card to use. 

Orange Luxury
- This card is a trap. You have been warned. Don't do it. Resist the urge. 

All in all, feels like Trunks came out of this the best with the Red and Saiyan card literally being designed for his stack, which frustrates me the most about this mini set. Only thing I'm truly excited for is that new Blue card. TONS of potential in that setup. The rest are pretty mediocre but neat additions to the game. Now, to wait to lose to the new namekian setup. 

I’m not too impressed with the set myself. I like Nail, Guru, Raditz, and Black Judgement Rush.

I’m undecided on Namekian Planetary Countdown. The flavor is cool but I don’t play namekian and don’t see it played as much in my local.

Red Shining Sword Attack is more spammable ammo for Dabura OTK. Has a cool interaction with Trunks’ Sword Slash. I don’t hate this one.

I just wish they had made the drill a Trunks named card. That’s what it is. No other MP is ever going to make use of it unless they make a Gohan Z Sword level or something.

the Blue card is my least favorite and that’s all just personal preference torwards Resolute, Resourceful, and Protective.

Black Judgement Rush can find a home in a couple different deck archetypes which is why I’m most excited for it.

No comment on the orange card. I don’t think I would play it.

Black Judgment Rush is by far my favorite.  If only it raised anger. xD

Nail can be fun but I just don't see him holding up to aggro, even with the potential defensive burst harassment.  What the heck is he gonna do if he gets stage locked?

I also agree that the orange card is a trap.  It would also occupy valuable deck slots.

The Namekian card annoys me but it should be fine.

The Blue card is very good.

Raditz can be fun in Black Ginyu.  Enter, power, give raditz control, say bye bye to two of your opponent's cards.  Take that, unleashed decks!

35 minutes ago, Thearbiter20x6 said:

Nail can be fun but I just don't see him holding up to aggro, even with the potential defensive burst harassment.  What the heck is he gonna do if he gets stage locked?

I agree with your observation. There’s no real escalation of this specific power. Nail’s stack is all over the place. He’s got a very powerful 1,3, and 4 at the very least. so if somebody can find a way to weave them into a really cool control deck good on them! 

It almost feels like Kami at this point where his list will be kind of insane with cool tech options. Interacting with Hit effects, Dragon Balls, Named Omni Block, and on Demand crits kind of make him a niche tool box.

If Orange Luxury allowed you to avoid discarding a card from your hand if you placed adrill from your hand into play then it would have been playable. My guess is this is how the card was originally worded actually:

”Draw 2 cards. Discard a card. If that card was a styled drill, place it into play instead” 

seeing as orange doesn’t need any favors I guess they busted it.

I think it's great for a mini set. I'm glad we're getting some missed opportunity cards and winner cards. Ther cards range from mediocre to great. With maybe the exception of the orange card, but even that isn't completely terrible.

Nail level 1  
- I really like this. Definitely wants to be a camp deck. Makes me want to change my black deck from mischievous cell to perceptive nail. That said defense could be a problem and stage gain is probably a must. Other decks I could see working are ruthless, resourceful, and adept. Hell combative too, but you'll have to watch your stages very carefully. 

Red Shining Sword Attack

- I'm a little turned off that it does life cards, but it oozes flavor and the life cards fit that. Ironically this is probably most useful for frieza, but it's decent for trunks and dabura. I like that you can search it with sword drill if you already have trunks sword slash in hand. 18 may like this too since being named means it has Android in the name. Maybe paired with the other new red sword card that does life in amplified?

Guru ally 
- ironically not a great fit for namekians right now. Level hopping in general has kind of gone out of style. May actually be better for earthlings that don't care about drills. Or dende some day. I'm a little bummed it levels you back down considering it's already restricted to once per game and only 2 traits. Doesn't seem overly powerful to let you keep the level with those kind of restrictions. Especially compared to unleashed.  

Raditz Ally
- Ginyu is whast comes to my mind as well. Seems like a powerful ally. I'm just not sure it has the right MP right now.

Namekian Planetary Countdown 
- Love the flavor and call back to the old game. Seems good for ball decks. Probably not worth it for anything else.

Blue Stylish Pose
- really strong set up. Ally decks aren't really my thing, but I could definitely see this card seeing lots of play.

Saiyan Swift Sword Drill
- Honestly one of the strongest cards of the set to me. Yes it's pigeon holed to trunks, but it's strong enough that it probably should be. I could see sword getting pretty oppressive  ;)

Black Judgement Rush
- First of all I cannot get over how cringe worthy this name is. That aside it's great to see a solid black physical with decent endurance. It's a niche black needs filled. I don't think it's enough to make black physical a thing again on it's own, but a couple more decent attacks and we could be in business. Until then it has some solid, if niche, uses.

Orange Luxury
- Here was my post from retro: Yeah, the more I think about this card the more I think it's not very good. Since it has to be played from hand it's just replacing itself with a random draw. Which you could have potentially just drawn into instead of this card if it wasn't in your deck. So that part is effectively null. So basically it's a basic draw 1 then discard. This is a solid effect on a personality because it's reliable. However, for this card to be effective you have to draw it when you have something bad in your hand (and draw a better card on your random draw). You don't gain an action.  Then if you still have a drill in hand you can place it. Which would actually give you net minus 1 action. And it's BAU and has no endurance. It would be a lot better if it said "if the discarded card was a drill you may place it into play" instead.

Nail is fine. I don't think it's top tier amazing or anything, but at least 1/2 feel a bit more consistent now, which is workable. The HIT effect part is probably the most interesting for a new direction. You do need to be smart, it's TRIG isn't optional.

Raditz is kinda meh, like Goku to be honest.

Guru is also uninspiring.  Shame. Maybe just a +1 Anger with Namekian Knowledge? Eh.

Saiyan Swift Sword Drill isn't bad. A +1, on hit or not, is a +1.

Red Shinning Sword Attack is really easy to set up, is decent. Red Sword is coming along. Red Sword Frieza would be interesting.... BRB

Orange Luxury is only bad because it didn't say 'if you discarded a drill'. If it did, it would have been amazing hand filtering. As is? Is trash.

Namekian Planetary Countdown is cute and probably annoying if it works, but eh.

Blue Stylish Pose is nice. But I don't think it'll make Allies that much more playable.

Black Judgement Rush is nice. I like it. A lot. Would run.

Not great, but at least 4/9 are worth using in some capacity.

I must retract my previous statement. Stylish Pose is ridiculous and the best card in the set. The auto crit seals the deal. Mixed ally beats has never been better.

10 hours ago, Antispor said:

I must retract my previous statement. Stylish Pose is ridiculous and the best card in the set. The auto crit seals the deal. Mixed ally beats has never been better.

This card is absolutely perfect in my Resolute Gohan toolbox. Never, EVER a dead card and gives me like 4 options in one card. LOVE it.

7 minutes ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

This card is absolutely perfect in my Resolute Gohan toolbox. Never, EVER a dead card and gives me like 4 options in one card. LOVE it.

Yep. Blue in general loves this card. All those allies that are specific to the Mp you love? Try them out in a Blue deck with this card. My Resolute Cooler is pretty destructive in it’s current state.