sh0ryu_repp4

Set 3 Secret Rare - SS4 Goku

https://ibb.co/iSUhJH

The card isn't super impressive but I am happy about that. Just like the Vegito SCR it fits very nicely into one type of deck (this being Mono Red Pan, that being the only Red deck that could get a hand big enough to take advantage of this effect) and is only a one of, so the cost should drop significantly after a few weeks. Unlike Set 2 Vegito tho, Pan looks like a good deck, so maybe the cost will stay higher. Time will tell. The art is GORGEOUS though regardless.

What say you Top Tier?

27 minutes ago, Vile said:

It doesn't seem as busted as SSB Vegito so that's good.

I didn't think Vegito was busted because it had to be played in Vegito lol

This may not be more "busted" but it is definitely more usable, which makes it better imo

2 hours ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

I didn't think Vegito was busted because it had to be played in Vegito lol

This may not be more "busted" but it is definitely more usable, which makes it better imo

The Vegito SCR isn't good in just Vegito though.  It also fits nicely into Beerus and Zamasu decks that ramp up energy and can hard cast it for game.  Sure, its not the most versatile card out there but it is definitely playable in more than just Vegito.

The best thing about the new SCR is that it is not universally good.  Bandai seems to know what they're doing when it comes to the "Ultimate" cards.  I disagree with your sentiment that the SS4 Goku is more usable than SCR Vegito; IMO, they're about the same.  For Vegito you either need ramp or fusion; for SS4 Goku you need either ramp or ex-evolve.  There is a diverse pool of Goku and Vegeta to fuse from but ex-evolve requires a specific Goku-GT card to evolve onto.

*joke were omitted from this post so it doesn't get deleted*

1 hour ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

I think we differ on this because I think Vegito is terrible lol

Why though?  I wont say it's a great card but it is certainly where I expect an "ultimate" 1-per deck card to be.  Triple strike and triple attack at 40k makes it well deserving (and worth) the 10 energy cost for hard casting.  Fusion for 5 red seems like a great balance mechanic, making it easier for Vegito to play it but also allowing other red-heavy decks some access. 

I'll agree that it is terrible in the "when am I going to play a 10-cost card?" category but not in the "is it worth the cost?" category.  To put it another way, it is terrible because it is a 10 cost card, not because the effect-to-cost ratio is poor. 

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

I'll agree that it is terrible in the "when am I going to play a 10-cost card?" category but not in the "is it worth the cost?" category.  To put it another way, it is terrible because it is a 10 cost card, not because the effect-to-cost ratio is poor. 

Not to be an outsider butting it, but I'm pretty sure you just had the full discussion on why the card would be considered good/poor on your own there.

12 hours ago, Artificial Human said:

I don't think it's favoritism. IMO, Red just becomes playable this set.

Pan is so much fun and works well.

Red was missing a really great leader until the introduction of Pan, I'm glad I have something other than Champa now.

15 hours ago, Denithan said:

Not to be an outsider butting it, but I'm pretty sure you just had the full discussion on why the card would be considered good/poor on your own there.

Yeah, but part of my point is that this is a forum for discussion.  Just stating your opinion on something without actually discussing WHY doesnt get much accomplished.

15 hours ago, Vile said:

Funny thing i notched that bear kinda pointed out - red has accesstp both secret rares.

Too bad you cant actually run both, although that would be hilarious.  I dont even think you can main one and side board the other.

17 hours ago, The Bear said:

Why though?  I wont say it's a great card but it is certainly where I expect an "ultimate" 1-per deck card to be.  Triple strike and triple attack at 40k makes it well deserving (and worth) the 10 energy cost for hard casting.  Fusion for 5 red seems like a great balance mechanic, making it easier for Vegito to play it but also allowing other red-heavy decks some access. 

Oh I don't mean the Vegito SCR, I mean the Vegito deck, the leader. The card works in a Vegito deck, but it still has to be in a Vegito deck.

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

Yeah, but part of my point is that this is a forum for discussion.  Just stating your opinion on something without actually discussing WHY doesnt get much accomplished.

Not to state the obvious, but in case it wasn't clear, I was trying to make a joke before xD