Sign in to follow this  
Stryyder

Lemme smash

So for those who DIDN'T see the info from the direct today, SMASH BROS SWITCH IN QUARTER TWO 2018!!!

Not much to go on yet.  Inklings are in.  Link is BOTW form.  Let's do this thing!

God I hope BOTW is a whole new character, with various weapons that break, and his other colors being costumes from the game  (zora, gerudo, ancient armor) 

Adding in BOTW Link would be a great time to introduce costume upgrades to the franchise.  Barbarian Armor would be cool, and of course Vai Link.

5 hours ago, Denithan said:

Blue? No.

Blue and Yellow? No.

Inklings?

Blue and yellow? Boi this isn't DBS decks!

13 hours ago, Artificial Human said:

Controversial Opinion:

The only good Smash was the first one.

Non-Controversial Opinion:

Brawl was the worst Smash.

I don't play competitive, so I don't really care about version.  And being that I play a lot of solo at home, SSE was probably one of the most fun experiences I've had with SSB.

34 minutes ago, Stryyder said:

I don't play competitive, so I don't really care about version.  And being that I play a lot of solo at home, SSE was probably one of the most fun experiences I've had with SSB.

I'm much the same, I only played 2p+ sparingly on the original Smash and with WiiU.

I found Sub Space Emissary to be tedious and too long. D:

Get that Inkling a stick.  Inklings love sticks.

But seriously.  I am VERY excited for Smash.  I did not play the Wii U one much because my friends had very little time to play games (when we did play it was usually monter hunter) and because the online was ASS.  My Smash skills declined greatly as a result.  I am looking forward to reclaiming my awesomeness by fighting strong opponents online!

I am going to guess that the Switch Smash will be a port of the Wii U one with some minor upgrades and additions akin to MK8 Deluxe/Splatoon 2 or something.  I am not expecting a brand new game.  Nintendo wants to cash in on the Wii U games that got virtually no attention because of the super poor console sales. 

...which I'm fine with.  I'll sell my Wii U copy. It amounts to losing out on $40 from the Wii U one, but even with not playing it much, I definitely got $40 worth of enjoyment out of it.

If the freakin' online doesn't suck, it's an auto-buy for me.

Also, these games probably wouldn't take so long to make if they just stopped trying to add extra fluff.  Does anybody really care about adventure mode?  Smash Tour?  We just want to fight.  Get rid of all that extra crap I never use and just focus on the good stuff (unless people actually prefer Smash Tour and stuff like Subspace Emissary to Smash mode...do they actually exist?).

3 hours ago, Stryyder said:

Guess I should have read each reply!  SSE wasn't bad or anything, but I found it extremely dragged out and repetitive.  I have always played smash for the versus (doesn't have to be OMG COMPETITIVE RAAAAWWWWR but at the very least I just want to be able to smash with some buddies.

...but I'll get competitive playing online!

7 hours ago, Thearbiter20x6 said:

Also, these games probably wouldn't take so long to make if they just stopped trying to add extra fluff.  Does anybody really care about adventure mode?  Smash Tour?  We just want to fight.  Get rid of all that extra crap I never use and just focus on the good stuff (unless people actually prefer Smash Tour and stuff like Subspace Emissary to Smash mode...do they actually exist?).

... I prefer those modes to Smash mode? xD But I'm a lonely dweeb with no real-world friends who enjoy these games, so I pretty much play alone. And if I dare go online,  I get WRECKED to the point of not enjoying myself.

So those kind of modes create a nice, casual, single-player experience for me that kind of give me goals and shit to do. Don't have to take it too seriously/be too good at it, still get something out of it, still enjoy the gameplay. But that's my lonely ass.

On 3/10/2018 at 3:38 AM, Denithan said:

... I prefer those modes to Smash mode? xD But I'm a lonely dweeb with no real-world friends who enjoy these games, so I pretty much play alone. And if I dare go online,  I get WRECKED to the point of not enjoying myself.

So those kind of modes create a nice, casual, single-player experience for me that kind of give me goals and shit to do. Don't have to take it too seriously/be too good at it, still get something out of it, still enjoy the gameplay. But that's my lonely ass.

Shows what I know...I can't complain if there are people who do enjoy those modes. I don't want the game to be less fun for those people.

I can't WAIT to get wrecked online because that's what makes me improve the quickest.  I'll seek out stronger opponents knowing I will probably lose, but I learn from them and come back to destroy them shortly after. =P

I mean, that's a completely fair way of going about it. I just don't tend to enjoy a Smash Bros enough to really spend the time needed to improve in that kind of way, so I'm okay not being able to compete xD If I can beat max level AI, I'm good.