RPENERGY

Fu, Shrouded In Mystery

I've been seeing quite a few interesting decks at my locals since set 3 dropped. (Did a few over the past weekend). I didn't think too much about it, but I truly didn't realize just how terrifying Fu truly is. Prevents the opponent from activating skills except Leader skills until your next turn. That literally prevents EVERYTHING except for permanent effects from activating. You can't use any Blockers, or Activate skills. Can't use auto's. Honestly if you have a semi-decent board set up, this guy can murder your opponent since they can't really do anything but combo. Plus your opponent can't Super Combo because it is the Auto that gives it the +10k and whatnot. Ouch. X.x Anyone else see some play from Fu?

21 hours ago, RPENERGY said:

I've been seeing quite a few interesting decks at my locals since set 3 dropped. (Did a few over the past weekend). I didn't think too much about it, but I truly didn't realize just how terrifying Fu truly is. Prevents the opponent from activating skills except Leader skills until your next turn. That literally prevents EVERYTHING except for permanent effects from activating. You can't use any Blockers, or Activate skills. Can't use auto's. Honestly if you have a semi-decent board set up, this guy can murder your opponent since they can't really do anything but combo. Plus your opponent can't Super Combo because it is the Auto that gives it the +10k and whatnot. Ouch. X.x Anyone else see some play from Fu?

That card is the reason I lost a match in Swiss last Saturday. Because not only does it stop everything you already said, it also stops NEGATES because playing a "Counter" card is activating a skill

Like holy shit.

Fu is stupid good, but in a format where games can end turn 2-3, he is only good in certain decks.
You can however still super combo even if your opponent Fu's you. Type in "Fu," to find the rulings on the official site's Card Q&A. 
http://www.dbs-cardgame.com/rule/card_faq.php

Also you can Bloodlust against Fu coming in to play to stop him, but that's about it. 
And oh yeah who's good at using bloodloust anyway? Mech <_<

So should I hold off on throwing my SR and SPR Fu that I pulled in my box because he might be the secret meta spiked card like Kale was? 

You never know with this game. Kale just got better with her specific support and is an early play card.

You can argue Fu's already chump change and can only go lower (though not as low as Meta Cooler SPR...). Right now we need to see if Bandai does anything to Mecha Frieza or if the game slows down so you can actually drop Fu without losing the game for it more often than not.

17 hours ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

That card is the reason I lost a match in Swiss last Saturday. Because not only does it stop everything you already said, it also stops NEGATES because playing a "Counter" card is activating a skill

Like holy shit.

Yeah. It is all thanks to 2-3-2-3 in the rule manual. Says extra cards are cards you play in the drop zone to activate skills.

12 hours ago, leonkennedy411 said:

Fu is stupid good, but in a format where games can end turn 2-3, he is only good in certain decks.
You can however still super combo even if your opponent Fu's you. Type in "Fu," to find the rulings on the official site's Card Q&A. 
http://www.dbs-cardgame.com/rule/card_faq.php

Also you can Bloodlust against Fu coming in to play to stop him, but that's about it. 
And oh yeah who's good at using bloodloust anyway? Mech <_<

With quick games you are right. Hard to play a 6 drop. However, you are wrong and right about super combo. Fu cannot stop the keyword "Super Combo" as it is a perm. Effect preventing you from playing 5+ super combo cards in a deck. Fu does stop the Auto effects of your Super Combo cards though making them 0's.