Hey guys!

just putting a little NK rant here. To preface this story, the whole happening is my fault but I keep beating myself up about one loss at the tournament.

In round 4 i was 2-1. I was playing Resolute Cooler using Stylish Pose, a small ally package, and a bunch of high damage attacks. This match was against Amp Krillin and I started off very strong! First combat I dropped Nappa ally and the first attack hit 2 Red Energy Blasts. I prioritized getting Chilled into play and banished them that same combat. I’ve now made it a very difficult battle for a setup based MP to beat my deck. From here, it’s coast to victory. Control the board, defend, and attack as necessary. None of my Supernova’s are hitting the discard so over a few combats he’s building up a very strong unusable board. 2-3 Destiny’s, Blazes’, and all that other nasty stuff. But all I have to do is protect Nappa. 

My opponent’s on level two with a few anger and plays an energy attack. I stop with Blue Narrow Escape and top deck 2 Overpowering Attacks. I mastery draw for one and use Salza ally to draw the other. My plan is if he crits Nappa I immediately play him again in the next action; keeping his lockdown alive. I play another energy combat card from my hand. He stops it and levels to 3 with a block. He’s down to about 15 cards anyway so I’m not too worried that I can take him out without his setups. He Krillin 3 powers and gets the crit. 

I don’t know if my opponent knew/knows but I didn’t at the time. Your HIT effects come before Critical Damage effects. He did this backwards. He crit Nappa and banished him with new Krillin 3. I can do literally nothing to respond to his Red Destiny’s and Blazes. He wins the game in a few actions.

losses happen and I get that but when I found out this couldn’t have actually happened it really upset me. To any new players, make sure you’re asking questions. This game is complicated and micro rulings can win or lose entire games. I wanted to share this story for anyone interested. Thanks again guys.