Just curious if anybody knows the direction FanZ is headed with future sets- can I get excited to at least see Gogeta (Much cooler than Vegito). And are they headed into super or do you think it will stop where Z stopped?

As much as I don't like GT, I don't see why they won't just do it. If nothing else it is just  more content to make. Plus, despite the show's quality, there were cool characters and forms in it that people would like to see. I hate GT but SS4 Goku looks badass from a design perspective. (Not much of a fan of Vegeta's SS4 form tbh)

Plus, sinse DBS won't do it, SOMEBODY needs to make mustache Vegeta dammit!

*slams fist on table*

6 hours ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

*slams fist on table*

Take this back. Now. Lmfao

11 hours ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

As much as I don't like GT, I don't see why they won't just do it. If nothing else it is just  more content to make. Plus, despite the show's quality, there were cool characters and forms in it that people would like to see. I hate GT but SS4 Goku looks badass from a design perspective. (Not much of a fan of Vegeta's SS4 form tbh)

*slams fist on table*

Their refusal to do it for what is probably no other reason then because a great number of people just absolutely hate GT (some have sworn to quit the game all together if any of it leaks in) just shows to me that they still aren't in control of their game's development and are unable to separate themselves as developers. I'll still continue to put in money for AwesomeSauce proxies just because I love the game but I've finally left the page because people have just gotten so board that it has slowly been heading back to the crap that was around when the game first started and when the "superseded" fiasco happened. From what I believe, this is mostly due to the openings they continue to leave in the game. Not fixing issues that have been present since before the game was dropped and then making a theme entirely around non-interactive game play just to fan-service people that like that style, coupled with obvious issues that were "not" tested properly before release or tournaments seem to be the most glaring issues. I will hand it to them, the engine is difficult to design and keep balance for and near impossible to do so on a Legacy Format with no thought to rotation. So they do what they can as volunteers and I applaud them for that. I just wish they would openly admit there are issues they may not be able to fix instead of talking about sleeper strategies that get out shined. 

The second problem is the majority of the fan base continues to convince themselves nothing is wrong or the problems are minor. This keeps discussion about actual issues and fixes to a minimum and a lot of them just degrade into troll fests and "you just suck get good" contests "or wait till you see my secret deck that specifically beats what you're talking about but loses to everything else" brags. With all of that, the game is still fun and PanZ sets 1-7 are actually relatively easy to level out. 

Of course, I'm exhausted with a kid coming soon and this may all just be in my head lol.

And I'm one of 3 GT fans in the world so I'm a bit biased. 

I wish they would do GT and even though they said they wouldn't, you can make the excuse that chronologically Super takes place before so Super takes priority. Honestly we have plenty of content that'll last us a while. We haven't even gotten to key elements of the Buu Saga yet and then there's 2+ movie sets. Kami forbid but who's to say this'll even last through Super?

17 hours ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

*slams fist on table*

You'll have to settle for beard Vegeta with a side of beard Goku.

9 hours ago, Majin Goo said:

the fan base continues to convince themselves nothing is wrong or the problems are minor.

But... I do think the problems are minor lol

Honestly I think this game is in the best position it has ever been in since this last set of FanZ. I mean almost all of the Kai events that have gone down have 8 different decks in Top 8, and different playstyles of decks. If that doesn't highlight what a good meta it is, idk what does lol

While the Fan Z sets have problems, I think the majority of them are minor or juuuust acceptable enough. The major problems are still the Panini cards. Skill-less trash like Awakening Goku and Unleashed. I'm curious what Super Saiyan 3 Goku and the forms from Super are going to do to top it. You have to top it if anyone's going to play those over the Awakening levels. Yeah, Goku's not winning events nor is he unbeatable but you're playing at somewhat of a disadvantage right from the start unless your card quality's better than his.

Unpopular opinion incoming. You're not wrong about the meta based on results, but I feel that because the game isn't officially backed and there's less at stake (generally speaking), people aren't bringing all the gross decks. Oppressive Vegeta's a brain dead deck that doesn't exactly take a lot of skill to play. It rewards you for nothing and locks your opponent out of playing the game. It's not unbeatable but it's so stupidly uninteractive that I'm surprised it isn't dominating. Same with some other decks. The relaxed meta is great because people are taking things that probably wouldn't be their first choice if this was still Pan Z. There's a Restored Gohan/Empowered Broly out there. You know it. I know it. They're just not showing up in droves.

2 hours ago, Mysterious Youth said:

While the Fan Z sets have problems, I think the majority of them are minor or juuuust acceptable enough. The major problems are still the Panini cards. Skill-less trash like Awakening Goku and Unleashed. I'm curious what Super Saiyan 3 Goku and the forms from Super are going to do to top it. You have to top it if anyone's going to play those over the Awakening levels. Yeah, Goku's not winning events nor is he unbeatable but you're playing at somewhat of a disadvantage right from the start unless your card quality's better than his.

To be honest, I kind of feel like you're a bit wrong there. I don't think that SS3 NEEDS to be better than his Awakening/Unleashed stack, I just think it needs to be different enough, but equally strong in what it does, that the two aren't necessarily compatible/competing.

Admittedly, that's hard because Unleashed Goku is so god damn generic that he works with everything, but maybe like, bringing Goku back to an updated drill-based stack to work with his Kamehameha attack, or playing on the flavor of SS3, and making it give him an INSANE damage increase while burning your own deck down to nothing and then de-leveling. Just pummeling 3 card mills per action you make, but a + X life card multiplier to his attacks based on how many drills/named cards/whatever he has in his drop. idk, THERE ARE IDEAS.

Goku can always go back to doing ally/drill things other MPs do better especially without a new stack. You have to consider that SS3 will most likely be a single level. Which 1-3 will people use? Would it shock you if it was just Awakening?

At some point, his new transformations and higher ceilings in Super become extremely difficult to design because Awakening was so poorly and generically designed in the first place. People will have no reason to stop playing Awakening otherwise. Maybe more God trait things but that's a long time from now. Even then unless the next SSG is also level 1, our SSG is already outclassed by Awakening 1. For risk of breaking Black's self-mill support, this won't change.

Thematically I like the risky high damage angle. The issue is Awakening 4 already has a free +2/-2 life modifier and a free card from anywhere. So yes, you'd have to outdo that for it to see play. If SS3 supports the drill or ally theme on his old stacks, you have to Unleashed/Kaio-Ken through bad levels or go Awakening 1-3 anyway changing nothing.

I don't mind being wrong but Awakening Goku exists and it's dumb so Fan Z has a tough job no thanks to Panini. If SS3 is underdesigned and no one plays it, it's Panini's fault. If they outdo Awakening 4, that's not helping either but is also Panini's fault for raising the ceiling too high.