Jump to content
sh0ryu_repp4

Tournament of Power Set

Recommended Posts

Surprised I didn't make a thread of this already lol

First subset for the game, all focused on a specific theme, this being the Tournament of Power.

General Info: http://www.dbs-cardgame.com/us-en/product/dbs-tb01.php

Red cards were revealed today, all based on Universe 6 and 7

Card List: http://www.dbs-cardgame.com/us-en/cardlist/?search=true&category=428101

They seem interesting, but nothing at the moment stands out as "OH MAN GOTTA PLAY THIS". I do REALLY like the new Hit card from a design and flavor perspective. He protects himself so you can play Lightning Fast Hit the next turn. He literally goes between dimensions. I just love the flavor of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What does the new Vegeta Leader's Warrior of Universe 7 ability mean?

Treat all Universe 7 as if they have no cost in all areas? Surely that doesn't mean you can just play them for free.........right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Luclin said:

What does the new Vegeta Leader's Warrior of Universe 7 ability mean?

Treat all Universe 7 as if they have no cost in all areas? Surely that doesn't mean you can just play them for free.........right?

No specified cost. Which means you don't have to pay the specific color cost. So like the 2 drop Goku and Vegeta would be free, but the 5 drop Majin Buu would cost 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

No specified cost. Which means you don't have to pay the specific color cost. So like the 2 drop Goku and Vegeta would be free, but the 5 drop Majin Buu would cost 4.

Incorrect.

It gets rid of the specified cost but not the total cost.  So a 2-drop card like you mention would have the specific cost removed but not the total cost.

More specifically:

Gale Strike Vegeta is a 2-cost red card with a specified cost of 2 red energy.  When paying for Gale Strike Vegeta (using the new Vegeta leader with the U7 ability) the specific cost of 2 red energy is removed, but the total cost remains at 2.  The 2 energy required to summon him no longer have to be red, but 2  energy still must be paid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Incorrect.

It gets rid of the specified cost but not the total cost.  So a 2-drop card like you mention would have the specific cost removed but not the total cost.

More specifically:

Gale Strike Vegeta is a 2-cost red card with a specified cost of 2 red energy.  When paying for Gale Strike Vegeta (using the new Vegeta leader with the U7 ability) the specific cost of 2 red energy is removed, but the total cost remains at 2.  The 2 energy required to summon him no longer have to be red, but 2  energy still must be paid.

This is how I was thinking it would work as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No new androids? Aids. 17 earned his place as at least a battle card.

Damn female sayian loving weebs just wanting hentai of the super sayian vag keeping me (lol not really this game is aids) from getting my robotic badassory. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 5:23 PM, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

My mistake, Mecha confused me.

In other news, I no longer care about this leader now lol

He is like a Pseudo Vegito for Universe 7 because at that point it doesn't matter what color your energy is anymore with no Specified Costs, and with Universe 7 being stretched out into every color in ToP it means you can use any of the Uni 7 cards in the deck and it should run just fine. I think it will be interesting pending what the rest of the Uni7 stuff does in ToP set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2018 at 6:48 PM, Stryyder said:

@Vile Still plenty of room.  They are spreading universe 7 across all colors.  I would expect 17 in Green.

That is about my only hope/interest for this set. If that happens I'll just pick up a playset if it is good for Droid decks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blue was revealed today. Gohan and Bergamo are the Leaders. Universe 9 looks interesting, and rather annoying. Gohan lets you combo Uni7 in rest mode and once per turn draw 2 if you combo a uni 7 from battle area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the silliness Uni9 added with the Trio putting a lockdown if you can get all 3 out at the same time, but it won't be viable using Bergamo as a Leader. >.<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The "Danger Traingle" card, will that stop entrance effects like "Full Power Vegeta"?

Or does the wording "Play", make it so that that effect resolves before the the Danger Triangle takes effect.

Even so, it's a really strong card, shuts down alot of strong fighters like Jiren, Kale...etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While Vegeta has a Counter, his skill to K.O. a card is an Auto When this card is played. I believe that means it would be negated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×