Anyone here play vs yourself to test a new deck you’ve built? I started doing it, it was pretty entertaining at first but I’m getting so bored now. Wondering what everyone else has experienced testing this way.

I do this a lot as well tbh, especially when I'm trialing out new decks and concepts. Big issue I get is that I tend to peter out in how much I care about halfway in, so I never really get to know if my deck's have the ability for a last-minute comeback until I play it against someone else. And given that I have anxiety problems and don't deal well with random strangers, that's quite rare xD

... On a side, there isn't a Discord or anything like that where I can find the Top Tier players, is there?

I do it when testing initial concepts. I'm fairly lucky that I have an active play group that meets almost every Thursday . However, playing against myself is something I have done in every card game I have ever played. Helps me get a feel of the deck and see if the engine actually functions before taking into a real match.

I play against myself a lot to test new decks or changes, but yeah it's no replacement for actually playing against another person.

I went through a period (set 3 maybe?) Where I was testing a ton of decks on octgn against myself and i think my skill level as a player actually dropped overall. Playing on octgn you lose a lot of sensory input that let's you make quick decisions (for instance you can see the whole gamestate at a glance in person, but on octgn you have to do things like check deck counts to know if you are even ahead or behind). And the mindset of playing against yourself and playing against someone are very different. Playing against yourself you are focused on remembering the game state and trying to always make the most optimal plays while pretending you don't know what the other player has in their hand. Playing an opponent you can play on what you think the other person will do, allows creativity, mind games, when to take a risk, and all kinds of other things. These skills need to be maintained just as much if not more.