Sign in to follow this  
The Bear

A Way Out, and Other Couch Coop Gems

Recently, I picked up a copy of the new game A Way Out to play through with the wife.  The game is not without its flaws, but it was definitely an awesome experience to play through with my SO.  The mechanics may not be perfect and some player inputs may not end up mattering, but the presentation and pacing of the game were incredible. My wife and I had a great experience playing through this game, I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a couch coop game to play with their SO or a close friend.  Definitely go into and through the game without reading about it for the best effect.

That being said, what are some of your favorite couch coop titles?  I recently picked up Divinity: Original Sin for us to play after AWO, because of all of the positive feedback for the coop in that game.  Another two that stand out are: Resident Evil 5 and Fable 2. So, what are some of your favorite couch coop games?

D3: Ultimate Evil Edition is a really fun couch co-op with some good replay-ability. Borderlands 2 is fun to play split screen and pretty much every Lego game is an amazing couch co-op experience. 

Overcooked is quite fun and requires a lot of intuition and communication.  it's exponentially more difficult the fewer players you have, being near impossible to get any good score solo, but once you get to 4 players it can get quite chaotic with everyone running around.

18 hours ago, Stryyder said:

Overcooked is quite fun and requires a lot of intuition and communication.  it's exponentially more difficult the fewer players you have, being near impossible to get any good score solo, but once you get to 4 players it can get quite chaotic with everyone running around.

I've heard a lot of good things about the multiplayer in Overcooked; I'll have to pick it up for the next time we have some people over. 

Another game that came to mind is Jackbox.  Never heard of it until I was at my brother's place for a bbq but it's a collection of multiplayer games that everyone connects to using their phone.  It's not couch coop but its a great game for parties.

Streets of Rage (just released for free on Xbox), Resident Evil Revelations 2 (one player is all combat while other is super relevant support), Resident Evil 6 (lotsa people hate it but it has fantastic co-op), F.E.3.R.,  Boarderlands 1 + 2 (if you can can stand the cringe dialogue), and Lovers in Dangerous Spacetime.