2 hours ago, RPENERGY said:

And worse yet, a Goku that makes you win if you deal damage with him. I would rather not see a "Victory Strike" card.

I mean, at least the card is ass. That's good lol

5 hours ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

I mean, at least the card is ass. That's good lol

To an extent yeah. But against a deck that doesn't have something like crusher or mafuba, you prob. gonna die if that thing hits the field. can't negate his skills or attacks. people will probably build decks around him. not sure how well it will go, but it will be super annoying.

18 hours ago, RPENERGY said:

To an extent yeah. But against a deck that doesn't have something like crusher or mafuba, you prob. gonna die if that thing hits the field. can't negate his skills or attacks. people will probably build decks around him. not sure how well it will go, but it will be super annoying.

I don't expect to see it in play outside of ToP drafts tbh. You HAVE to run one of the U7 leaders, and you are almost forced to play the U7 Goku leader so I don't see it doing much because of that.

I don't expect to see it in play outside of ToP drafts tbh. You HAVE to run one of the U7 leaders, and you are almost forced to play the U7 Goku leader so I don't see it doing much because of that.

You don't have to have a U7 Lead to play it. Honestly one of the ideas I was getting if I end up with a copy was you could build a Cell deck that is Y/G and just put your focus on not attacking and keeping their hand empty with effects, or maybe attacking with Crit and bringing out the new Goku to end the game. Wouldn't be terribly hard since you could utilize either the Cell leader to KO small problem cards, or use A17 lead to play the Crit A17 and A18 at 2 energy. Would be a very annoying deck to potentially deal with. You only need a little yellow like running the Yellow goku (since it is basically the only target for the green UI Goku) maybe do roshi and something like Darkness Eye Beam just to keep resting opp. Battle Cards so you can attack those instead of their leader. splash minor yellow mainly to get the 2 energy you need from it. Obviously you have to put some Uni7 stuff in there to discard for evolving, but the idea was fairly easy since you mainly focus on keeping opp. hand empty, or at least very low. and if you don't take the crit route, your opp. had to self awaken all 4 life to actually awaken.

I like the idea of G/Y Cell using the new Goku SCR, it definitely jives with the way I play him.  My first idea for the new SCR is actually a Vegito deck using the red leader.  It is the only leader that can use Kind Saiyan Goku to search for the SCR.  In addition to that, Full Power Spirit Bomb Goku has additional utility in that it is an energy that can pay for any color. 

6 hours ago, The Bear said:

I like the idea of G/Y Cell using the new Goku SCR, it definitely jives with the way I play him.  My first idea for the new SCR is actually a Vegito deck using the red leader.  It is the only leader that can use Kind Saiyan Goku to search for the SCR.  In addition to that, Full Power Spirit Bomb Goku has additional utility in that it is an energy that can pay for any color. 

I thought about doing something similar to that. My friend plays a Vegito deck with a lot of Goku cards. you get A LOT of insane value when all of your Goku's are tri-color. ex evolving into the Green 6 drop for free at the end of everything to restand and has Barrier is stupid good. Protects him for another turn of shenanigans!

40 minutes ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

Was testing a deck last night on Untap with the SCR and the 3ku leader, and can confirm it works WONDERS. Can get it out on Turn 3 fairly consistently.

I actually just finished building a 3ku deck irl over the last week, and finally found someone to play test against. I just want to throw out there, do NOT underestimate 3ku. Everyone I've seen discussing it kind of addresses it as a trap Leader since you "run out of steam fast," but honestly, I think everyone undersells how much value you get out of a turn 2 Comrades Combined, Goku into a free Vegeta beater, or the ability to drop a Preface to Recovery Goku turn 2, and then drop 2 single cost units, or a Comrades Combined Vegeta for an early 20k beater (in pure Blue).

Are you just running a Yellow/Blue hybrid then? And more than that, how are you dropping the Goku to evolve for turn 3?

4 hours ago, Denithan said:

Are you just running a Yellow/Blue hybrid then?

Yup.

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

Turn 1 Power - 2 Energy

Turn 2 , play energy, play objection; 4 energy

Turn 3, play energy to get to 5, play yellow Goku for 5 and get 1 energy back.  Senzu or Combo Trunks to get to 2 energy, giving you enough to ex-evolve into the scr.

Yup, that is it. Also keep in mind that during that 3rd turn you can potentially draw up to 8 cards in a single turn.

1 for turn

2/4 from Yellow 5 drop Goku (depending if you use the ability once or twice)

2 from awakening

1 from swinging with leader

This lets you dig through your deck super fast, not counting Piccolos as well.  It is also important to note that the new 1 drop Goku and the Universe 7 Representative Extra Card let you nab the SCR.

I just noticed that the SCR actually needs a 6 cost Universe 7 Goku, so there's one step we're missing there that's evolving into Son Goku, the Hope of Universe 7.

I'm not sure if you guys caught onto that already, and I'm just now noticing the extra step, but it is worth mentioning since it suddenly requires a lot more resources in order to pull off (3 U7 cards in hand, 3 spare energy). tbh, that alone kind of seals the card as something not really worth using for me personally.

I'm also curious, since I'm not too great with rulings in this game yet. Do things like Mafuba fizzle if the attack cannot be negated, as the skill reads "and place this card on top"? My instincts say it just fizzles because part A COULDN'T happen, but it's worth checking before I try to find a local-ish scene.

@Denithan, check my math again. The 5 cost yellow Goku activates one energy, play senzu or combo trunks and then you have the two energy needed for both of the ex-evolves to get to the scr Goku.

eta: in regards to Mafuba, the ruling with the 12 drop whis sets precedent. You CAN play Mafuba, but the attack is not negated. Instead, that part whiffs and then the next part happens, so Mafuba is placed on top of the attacking card and THEN the attack fizzles because it is no longer a battler card. So, it does work, but in a strange way. 

So I built the Cell/Goku deck. It is actually surprisingly consistent. I need to change a few cards around as typically Cell on turn 5 is usually enough to really hurt the opp. hand and going into the Goku on Turn 6 the opp. never expects. I've been using OR Mira to help with keeping hand low but honestly I feel like He will probably come out of the deck for more Uni7 to help support the Goku engine. I'll have to post a Deck List once I re-edit it. I'm going to take the deck to my locals on Friday. Testing against friends it does really well. But Yellow is the one deck that completely shuts it down since Crusher stops the play. So we will see how it all turns out.

Shoryuu you still playing? I thought I saw you post a getting out of the game post in the candy shop?

9 hours ago, Vile said:

Shoryuu you still playing? I thought I saw you post a getting out of the game post in the candy shop?

I am playing online. Haven't invested any actual money on cards. That may be where I stay for awhile unless a National near me pops up or something.

Also btw, I build a SCR focused deck with the ToP Frieza leader and it is WAAAAYYYY better than 3ku

Could you do a profile of the deck? how consistent has it been for you?

16 hours ago, RPENERGY said:

Could you do a profile of the deck? how consistent has it been for you?

I could if people are interested in it yeah. It is slower than 3ku but far more consistent. The better part is if your SCR strategy gets foiled it still has alternate paths to victory.

3 hours ago, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

I could if people are interested in it yeah. It is slower than 3ku but far more consistent. The better part is if your SCR strategy gets foiled it still has alternate paths to victory.

I'd be interested in seeing it tbh, since I have had genuinely no idea what to do with that Frieza. Heck, to be honest, I kind of don't know what to do with any of the U7 Leaders except Vegeta (and Gohan, to a significantly lesser extent). The U7 cards are mostly 3 or higher, and I keep finding the leaders are being outpaced. Vegeta can kind of mitigate this since he has the U6 crew to give him some early-game plays, and Gohan can somewhat keep up thanks to his combo'ing with Goku, 18 and Roshi (not to mention the Ultimate Gohan evolve). So I'd be really curious what sub-engines you're rocking to power-up Frieza's Destiny Draw.

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 8:48 AM, sh0ryu_repp4 said:

I'm also curious to see your build. I'll post my Cell build later today when I get home. I played it at my locals this past weekend and also tried out a Vegito deck running some ToP stuff and both decks did really well. Made me happy anyway. Maybe I'll post both decks to see what other people think.