Sign in to follow this  
RPENERGY

Set 4 Green Revealed on Website Today

The Green color of set 4 has been revealed minus the R's and SR's. We finally have a Piccolo Leader, in fact the green starter was also revealed, so we have not 1, but 2 Piccolo Leader's now! Green in set 4 is all about Namekians. Piccolo and Lord Slug being our Leaders.

Glad there is finally a Piccolo leader.  But the real reason I came here today was just to say how disappointed I am in the direction of this game.  I've been glancing at the cards previewed for the next set and am just unimpressed with their design.  Effects like "draw a card," "switch 1 energy to active mode," and "send an opponent's battle card to the warp/drop" are on a great deal of cards, with many cards getting two or all three of these effects.  Some of the new archetypes look neat and fun to play, but I wish they would be more creative.

ETA: A few extra gripes

• No keyword yet for sending battle cards to the drop or warp? Long overdue.  Same with effects like switching an energy to active mode.
  • New cards that say "choose an opponent's card ignoring barrier..." just seems like sloppy design.  If you're going to do this just make a keyword [Pierce].

I also kind of want to come back here and give my two cents, since I am also pretty disappointed with the direction of the game. After looking over all the new support and new decks coming out, the game just feels like it's becoming this wild mess of partial archetypes and incomplete support.

Goku's Lineage feels like a really good example of this, where it's part GT, part U7, part Earthling and part Saiyan while almost entirely only working within it's own archetype and offering VERY little support for these auxiliary traits (and barely having any thematic connections with them). More than that, the "Swap" deck doesn't come across as having been fully thought through, or having received the polish needed to make it fun/engaging to pay attention to.

It just comes across as though, rather than support the older themes and builds them up further, they want to keep throwing more and more ingredients into the mix. There are of course some exceptions to this, like Dark Over Realm, but the constant recycling of effects just makes this equally maddening to me.